Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 12:29:15 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesOfficial "Talk To A Moderator" Thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: Official "Talk To A Moderator" Thread  (Read 74218 times)
Dragonmaw
« on: July 29, 2013, 02:15:24 PM »

We are here to serve.
sublinimal
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 02:56:39 PM »

Howdy. How was your day?

The biggest issue for me recently has been the Creative forums going downhill. At least you guys got John Sandoval to clean things up now. Drama/derailing/shitposting takes place regularly, especially in the art threads, and reporting used to do nothing. Heated discussions and all that is somewhat understandable in the General forum, as long as it doesn't spill over to where people are actually making games.

Also, a pet peeve about quoting. It's obnoxious when people quote the same post with huge images over and over, only to add "cool!" or a smiley. Especially when the post is right above theirs and it'd be obvious what they're referring to even without it. Wonder if it'd be possible to automatically remove [img] tags from quotes, or if there could be some rule/etiquette enforcing it.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 03:13:38 PM »

It's unlikely there will be anything done about quoting big images. That's a culture thing.

John should do good as creative mod, he's a cool dude and knows his stuff. I'm sure he'll reign in the issues we've been seeing lately. If you see a particularly awful post, make sure to report it. Keep in mind that reporting isn't used because your feelings were hurt; use it to report posts or posters that are wrecking the discussion with their disruptive behavior.
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 03:22:50 PM »

If the image is gigantic and is quoted repeatedly, I think the mods could step in and remove the image from the quotes. But from what I can tell, usually someone just bringing it up in the thread is enough to make people stop. I doubt anyone is doing it to be purposefully annoying.
ink.inc
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 09:01:21 PM »

If you see a particularly awful post, make sure to report it.

Yes please; makes our jobs a lot easier. Doubly so if it's in work-focused subforums (ie Art/Workshop etc.)
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 03:33:50 AM »

Just banning/PM warning cellusious and carrion would go a long way really.

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 11:59:06 AM »

the rules say not to do general rudeness to people, is specific rudeness ok, specifically my rudeness? especially now that there is a great and unending wasteland for self promotion
aberrantmind
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 12:08:42 PM »

Also, a pet peeve about quoting. It's obnoxious when people quote the same post with huge images over and over, only to add "cool!" or a smiley. Especially when the post is right above theirs and it'd be obvious what they're referring to even without it. Wonder if it'd be possible to automatically remove [img] tags from quotes, or if there could be some rule/etiquette enforcing it.

man, what I would give for a +1 or thumbs up sort of button on these forums. I find it annoying too, and at times I find myself wanting to do it myself. Usually I end up just not posting unless I have something to add other than one word in agreeance.

basically those sort of replies probably need to be accepted as a forum thing.

Dr. Cooldude
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 01:13:52 PM »

man, what I would give for a +1 or thumbs up sort of button on these forums. I find it annoying too, and at times I find myself wanting to do it myself. Usually I end up just not posting unless I have something to add other than one word in agreeance.

basically those sort of replies probably need to be accepted as a forum thing.

I usually just replace the image with "*snip*", unless it gets paged. Maybe it should be a general rule in the Creative forums (or any forum)?

Also, is there an SMF plugin where it resize large images to fit the post? I've seen some forums where large images are resized with a label that says "Click to view full image" or something like that.

There's a great artist in the "Art" thread that posts some really awesome stuff, but the images he/she posts are huge, even though someone told that he/she should put [ img width="600" ] in the image tags.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 09:57:42 PM »

the rules say not to do general rudeness to people, is specific rudeness ok, specifically my rudeness? especially now that there is a great and unending wasteland for self promotion

you are specifically exempt because you are incredible.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2013, 10:07:37 PM »

he's not incredible, he's superb  Facepalm

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Dragonmaw
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2013, 10:27:42 PM »

emacs
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2013, 03:31:49 PM »

This topic still says "Announcements" as opposed to "Town Hall."
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=28000

feminazi
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2013, 01:24:04 PM »

it took a dum while to figure out which account wouldn't trigger a ban
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2013, 01:28:01 PM »

How many accounts do you even have?

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
CowMainia
Level 0

Cheese Burgers

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2013, 03:40:07 PM »

There's a type-o in the description of the tutorials section it says "Game-making totoreals and workshops! LEVEL UP."

LINK SPAM! YouTube::Google+::Twitter(coming soon)
ink.inc
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2013, 03:42:44 PM »

thats intentional
Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2013, 03:52:22 PM »

I wanted to say hi ...
CowMainia
Level 0

Cheese Burgers

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2013, 04:01:40 PM »

how is that intentional?

LINK SPAM! YouTube::Google+::Twitter(coming soon)
ink.inc
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2013, 04:05:55 PM »

its just an intentional internet mispelling, like 'dum' or w/e
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic