Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 18, 2024, 07:33:34 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesOfficial "Talk To A Moderator" Thread
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Print
Author Topic: Official "Talk To A Moderator" Thread  (Read 73810 times)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 08, 2017, 10:48:28 AM »

:fix:

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 17, 2017, 10:17:04 AM »

I'm going to cook some sweet potato and salmon. Later.
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: August 18, 2017, 01:16:01 AM »

Provide details about how it turned out please

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: August 18, 2017, 05:27:46 AM »

Can we also pls crack down on ppl (almost only musicians) spamming up threads?
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=61441.msg1348841#msg1348841

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 18, 2017, 05:32:21 AM »

-deleted-
Schrompf
Level 9

C++ professional, game dev sparetime

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: August 14, 2018, 01:34:53 AM »

Hello, Moderators. A friend of mine asked me to inquire here as of why he gets banned automatically. The profile link is https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?action=profile;u=90539

The only thing he posted is a presentation of a gamejam project.

Snake World, multiplayer worm eats stuff and grows DevLog
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 14, 2018, 05:42:39 AM »

From what I can tell from the moderation log, he was banned for spamming. Since that thread was promoting a game and was in the wrong board to begin with, it's not entirely unjustified. Keep in mind that we get a lot of spam, so do get a bit trigger happy with the ban button sometimes.

This is why it's generally a good idea to demonstrate some willingness to participate in the community when first posting, as simply registering, posting your game, and then bailing is quite common and considered spam according to our rules. That's why we recommend that new users post in the Introduce Yourself thread first.

In any case, if your friend wants to be part of the community, I'll unban him, but he has to put a bit more effort into participating, and that means reading the forum rules and interacting with other users constructively.

In any case, thanks for reaching out to us about the issue!

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 14, 2018, 06:52:55 PM »

- deleted -

Schrompf
Level 9

C++ professional, game dev sparetime

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: August 15, 2018, 02:06:51 AM »

From what I can tell from the moderation log, he was banned for spamming. Since that thread was promoting a game and was in the wrong board to begin with, it's not entirely unjustified. Keep in mind that we get a lot of spam, so do get a bit trigger happy with the ban button sometimes.

This is why it's generally a good idea to demonstrate some willingness to participate in the community when first posting, as simply registering, posting your game, and then bailing is quite common and considered spam according to our rules. That's why we recommend that new users post in the Introduce Yourself thread first.

In any case, if your friend wants to be part of the community, I'll unban him, but he has to put a bit more effort into participating, and that means reading the forum rules and interacting with other users constructively.

In any case, thanks for reaching out to us about the issue!

Thanks for your response! I talked to him yesterday evening at the gamedev meeting. He told me he was looking out for forum rules but apparently missed them. Yes, please unban him. He's a nice guy and does not have any interest in spamming his games for he's a fulltime coder and only does gamejams in his sparetime.

Snake World, multiplayer worm eats stuff and grows DevLog
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 15, 2018, 05:24:41 AM »

Ok, so this was actually an automatic ban mistake, sorry about saying he might be spamming. We had an overly broad email address trigger in place that matched all email addresses ending in ".info". I went ahead and removed the trigger, so he should be unbanned now!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 06:34:03 AM by ProgramGamer » Logged

rostigerloeffel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: August 15, 2018, 07:15:54 AM »

Ok, so this was actually an automatic ban mistake, sorry about saying he might be spamming. We had an overly broad email address trigger in place that matched all email addresses ending in ".info". I went ahead and removed the trigger, so he should be unbanned now!
Thank you for your quick help! Sorry for not reading the board rules first, but I really had some troubles to find the thread with the rules and gave up too easily, my bad!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 07:50:10 AM by rostigerloeffel » Logged
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 08, 2019, 05:52:41 AM »

Hey, just a heads up but trying to post emojis in any post causes a database error. Just thought I'd mention it because there was a user a week and a half ago who was unable to post a message and I didn't figure out why until today.

Should I make a thread about this?

ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: January 21, 2023, 06:27:44 AM »

A heads up from the admin team: Quite a few longstanding forum accounts have been hijacked recently and used to post spam. We suspect this could be due to a recent breach of LastPass. If your password was stored there, or in any other place that may have been compromised, or shared with another account you own, I'd recommend changing it to prevent your name being used for malicious purposes.

If you're one of the ones whose account has been breached, I've assigned an auto-generated password to it and sent you an e-mail about it if possible.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic