Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 11:02:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid WorkSoftware Architect & Engineer (aka Programmer) looking for portfolio-making work
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Software Architect & Engineer (aka Programmer) looking for portfolio-making work  (Read 2574 times)
soryy708
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« on: July 31, 2013, 12:34:38 AM »

Salutations!  Gentleman

I'd like to point out my pleasure with you reading this even though the title is scary. Well done!

I'm a C, C++, C# and Java programmer with experience in SDL and OpenGL.
I love programming, be it hacking a quick solution or doing architecture for more robust creations. I'm easily motivated, and I find the best motivation to be teamwork.
My timezone is GMT+2. I speak English and Russian, aswell as Hebrew; but I probably speak C better than some of these. My English is fluent, don't worry.

You're here because you'd like me to add your game to my portfolio.
My field of interest is engine development, but I'm prepared to move out of my comfort-zone if your team requires it.

Let me stop you there though; I'm not going to do any Unity (I HATE IT), and I'm not doing UDK work. I don't mind working on existing engines, but I like doing things from scratch (within reason).

I can do management-work in my field, but sometimes I prefer to be led rather than to lead. However, if the leader is incompetent, I'd rather take his place.
I simply can't work with horribly messy and unmaintaned code. I am willing to refactor (clean it up) if it doesn't mean completely rewriting everything from scratch.

A list of things I've wet my feet in:
- XNA
- SFML
- Box2D, Ogre3D
- Android development
- Web Dev (HTML, CSS, JavaScript, ASP.NET(C#))
- JavaScript
- Python
- Lisp
- UnrealScript (I started programming with this, yay!)

Some things I expect from your team:
- Dedication to the project (just don't quit in the middle)
+ Well-defined team structure
+ Some more programmers is a plus

What I can give:
- Dedication to the project (I'm unemployed and I finished school)
- I compose

What I don't expect from you:
- Hostile environment
- Payment in advance
J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 12:54:06 AM »

Sorry for being slightly off topic. Why do you hate unity? I am just asking out of interest. Thanks.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
Starkiller
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 06:11:24 AM »

Probably same reason as i do, i too love developing engines from scratch which i'm currently doing, i find the experience more fulfilling.

Impressive resume soryy708  Beer!

win/linux/ios/macos/wp7/xbox360 developer
- C#, Objective-C, Javascript, PHP.
- XNA/MonoGame, OpenGL/ES1, Direct3D.
J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 06:26:57 AM »

That doesn't answer the question.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic