Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411917 Posts in 69431 Topics- by 58477 Members - Latest Member: KriegsHetzer

June 10, 2024, 03:54:43 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAPC, Incorporated - Updated pixelart
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: APC, Incorporated - Updated pixelart  (Read 6908 times)
UberLou
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: July 31, 2013, 01:28:41 PM »

Here is my entry in the seemingly huge list of indie Metroidvania games: APC, Inc.  It's a 360 degree shooter with all you'd expect from a Metroidvania game - various abilities, weapons and exploration.

SCREENSHOTS
Intro Cinematic

City Bridge

Maintenance Corridor

Very WIP in game cinematic

Video

DEMO
Demo v1 (Old)

LINKS
Twitter
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 06:31:34 PM by UberLou » Logged
Yinyamina
Level 0

cavernofcreativity

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 02:25:46 PM »

Wow, the art in here is great. The look reminds me of contra. The story is actually pretty funny, kind of reminds me of chronicles of narnia where they just go so far into this closet that it's just a whole other world. Shocked Maybe a pretty weird thing to remind me of lol. I wish you luck and hope to see this made.

UberLou
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 12:45:35 PM »

Thanks Yinyamina, really appreciate it!

I worked on a little

today hinting at some of the gameplay.  It took me a lot longer than I thought to finish, but I think it was worth it.  Working hard to get a demo out in a week or so.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 06:58:03 PM by UberLou » Logged
jO
Level 4

Adventure awaits!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 12:52:56 PM »

Thanks Yinyamina, really appreciate it!

I worked on a little

today hinting at some of the gameplay.  It took me a lot longer than I thought to finish, but I think it was worth it.  Working hard to get a demo out in a week or so.

this has the yummy taste of great potential to it. The teaser turned out sweet, especially considering that you're still very early with the game (are you?)

Gentleman

UberLou
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 07:04:02 PM »

Thanks jO.  Yup, still pretty early in development.  A lot of the groundwork is there though and i think its playing pretty well already.
nss_aries
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 04:27:38 AM »

Good work, specially with the art.
Frankly I don't like much the flash-like, Mark of the ninja-like animations, if I were you I'd go for a less fluid, handmade and more balanced animation framerate. It's a thing I can't stand (see Waking Mars), but I understand the production reasons behind it Wink

UberLou
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2013, 08:51:40 AM »

Thanks for the comments and crit.  I do enjoy both types of animation styles so I understand where you're coming from. I am a big fan of Mark of the Ninja and Shank so those are definitely inspirations.  But you're right - production reasons made it easy for me to choose a styl. I definitely save a lot on texture memory this way and it lets me do really large enemies, which is a big part of my design.
Yinyamina
Level 0

cavernofcreativity

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2013, 09:22:08 AM »

The gameplay looks very cool. I like the wall jumping and that big monster at the end...  Kiss

iforce2d
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 08:26:23 PM »

Nice, this is right up my alley. Looking forward to seeing future developments!
SoulSharer
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2013, 08:43:38 PM »

Looks interesting, reminds me of Intrusion, will keep an eye out Blink

Twitter: twitter.com/SoulSharer
UberLou
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2013, 06:17:18 PM »

Thanks again for the feedback guys!  I just updated the first post with a Demo! The first demo is a bit short, but it gives a little look into the game, how the player controls, how abilities will work, and a little bit of combat. Appreciate any feedback!
UberLou
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2013, 10:01:42 AM »

Updated the first post with some new screens.  After some performance issues with the demo on low and mid range PCs, I've decided to completely overhaul the graphics to better fit with Construct 2s capabilities.  I was initially pretty bummed about it, but I've gotten some good response to the new pixel art look.

Eezo
Level 0

The big yellow one is the sun

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2013, 10:07:43 AM »

Wow, your work looks great. I didn't catch the original art style but I highly approve of this one. I always like to ask: what are you building this in? Home grown or another engine out there?

Will keep an eye on this for sure!

Foolish Aggro Games
http://foolishaggro.com
UberLou
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2013, 10:47:24 AM »

Thanks Eezo. I'm using Construct 2 If you're unfamiliar with it, it's mainly an HTML5 engine but can also export to different platforms.
monoRAIL
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2013, 06:30:33 PM »

Your demo link is broken.

UberLou
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2013, 06:33:26 PM »

Fixed.  Thanks for letting me know.
joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2013, 06:39:24 PM »

this new look is really great, dude, i'm impressed. Old was solid but honestly sortof forgettable, you've pushed the designs and color choices a lot since you converted to pixels and it's raaaaaaaad.

Pemanent
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2013, 06:46:25 PM »

Looks good! As a few above have said, I don't really take to the Mark of the Ninja / Shank / Flashy style animation. But you pull it off and it looks good. Also I enjoy much tighter arcadey controls, but I don't know what you have planned so the control feel might work well with the rest of the game. Just my opinion.  Toast Left

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic