Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58432 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 09:07:41 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDownieville | Sidescrolling Stealth Platformer
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Downieville | Sidescrolling Stealth Platformer  (Read 9833 times)
habadash
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2013, 02:47:08 PM »

Exception: yeah the motorcycle will be redone to fit the game. Also, I don't get what you're saying about the eye...?

Rabbit: Definitely placeholder haha.

Workin away at the ledge ani

Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2013, 06:08:06 PM »

Those characters are goddamn gorgeous
Excy
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2013, 02:01:15 AM »

Also, I don't get what you're saying about the eye...?

Is it just my monitor? It looks like he's got an eye on the end of his nose in that walk cycle.

Mr Speaker
Level 0

Mr Speaker: @mrspeaker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2013, 02:46:37 AM »

So much character in them theres pixels. Can't wait to see some gameplay! Can you explain the burning rope mechanic? What's it gunna do? How does it work?
Gear
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2013, 03:07:21 AM »

Also, I don't get what you're saying about the eye...?

Is it just my monitor? It looks like he's got an eye on the end of his nose in that walk cycle.

I see it too. It's the 2 white pixels and 2 black/dark brown pixels from the outline.
habadash
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2013, 11:26:55 AM »

http://i.imgur.com/WoSys1C.png
So much character in them theres pixels. Can't wait to see some gameplay! Can you explain the burning rope mechanic? What's it gunna do? How does it work?

In certain rooms, there will be ropes that can be ignited by flaming projectiles. The rope will begin to burn where it is hit by the projectile and the flame will travel up and down the rope. When a gap forms along the rope, the lower half will fall, still on fire and can ignite other flammable objects that it touches. Ropes can also be connected to explosives, which will explode when the fuse burns up, and other objects like lanterns which will drop and break.

I see it too. It's the 2 white pixels and 2 black/dark brown pixels from the outline.

Oh haha never noticed that. It's supposed to be his nose. Does this clear it up:

ITS_Mike
Level 3

Programmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2013, 02:23:21 PM »

Yeah, that fixed it Smiley  I'm guessing it was suppose to be a shine on his nose then?

Excy
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2013, 12:10:11 AM »

Oh haha never noticed that. It's supposed to be his nose. Does this clear it up:

(above image)

Guess I have a weird eye for stuff like that Droop Looks perfect now, though Coffee

diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2013, 01:24:25 AM »

You had me at stealth  Kiss

How does that depth work? is it like in little big planet, the player jumps between layers, or he's free to move continuously in z direction?

Gear
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2013, 04:06:47 AM »

(above image)

Guess I have a weird eye for stuff like that Droop Looks perfect now, though Coffee

Agreed.
jamiebell
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2013, 11:55:28 PM »

Hey guys!

Just hopping on to say that I'll be doing music, sound, and audio implementation for Downieville using Wwise. Since habadash has been so good with posting updates with art and systems, and I'll be doing some of the same as things start to take shape!

I look forward to doing video walkthroughs of some of the audio implementation, in particular the rad dynamic music system we've got brewing up!

Toast Right
rocket5tim
Level 0

outside the frame

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2013, 02:58:40 PM »

Hi, I was wondering if the game is named after Downieville California. My family has a cabin near there in Sierra City, I spent most of my summers there as a kid.

louisdeb
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2013, 10:11:43 AM »

Can we hear some of your stuff, Jamie?
jamiebell
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2013, 05:57:47 PM »

Definitely! Smiley

Here's some of my sound design work: http://jamiebellsound.com/videos/
Here's some of my music: http://jamiebellsound.com/music/
habadash
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2013, 10:32:58 PM »

You had me at stealth  Kiss

How does that depth work? is it like in little big planet, the player jumps between layers, or he's free to move continuously in z direction?

Yes exactly! The player is generally limited to 3 Z-layers (in some cases more) that he can move between.

Hi, I was wondering if the game is named after Downieville California. My family has a cabin near there in Sierra City, I spent most of my summers there as a kid.

Yup. It's a beautiful place and inspired much of the game's art and characters.

----------------------------------------

Some big news: I've just brought on another programmer! I'll be sure post an update with new art very soon!

rocket5tim
Level 0

outside the frame

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2013, 10:31:14 AM »

Yup. It's a beautiful place and inspired much of the game's art and characters.

Wow small world! Yeah it's an amazing place with tons of interesting landmarks and history to draw from. Looking forward to seeing more!

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic