Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 04:37:18 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDungeon Hearts Underworld (RL, Card / Board game)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Dungeon Hearts Underworld (RL, Card / Board game)  (Read 10098 times)
Chris Pavia
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2013, 02:03:13 PM »

I'm slowly rolling it out to more people as I get feedback and incorporate it. If you follow me on Twitter, I put out calls for players periodically. I think I'll be making it publicly available in a couple weeks at most.
Chris Pavia
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2013, 08:17:11 AM »

I'm going to open up the next update (probably over the weekend) to more people, so PM me your email if you'd like to be added to the list.
Chris Pavia
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2013, 10:42:11 AM »

I've decided to make the prototype public for a while to get more feedback. I've updated the first post with links, but they are included here as well:

Removed

There's a short How-To guide included, I recommend reading it first. You can comment on the UI if you want (will help when I overhaul it), but this is primarily a gameplay-focused prototype at the moment.
My current to-do list is:
- Overhaul level-gen system and add more environment types
- Boss Fights
- Gaining experience and leveling up heroes
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 04:53:01 PM by Chris Pavia » Logged
Chris Pavia
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2013, 10:25:06 AM »

As you travel downward (you're essentially searching for lost souls, including those of the original cast, throughout the underworld in the game's fiction) you pass through several different biomes. Only the plains and dungeons are in so far. I'm currently working on sub-biomes that add some flavor to levels. First one in progress for the dungeons is Drow den:

There will be spiders and a Dark Elf spawning in there soon.
Paul Jeffries
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2013, 03:29:51 PM »

This is looking sexy as hell.  I really like the card-game/miniatures presentation.

www.vitruality.com | SPARTAN - Small Pixel Art Animator and procedural tile generator
Chris Pavia
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2013, 04:50:13 PM »

New version of the prototype is available, I recommend skimming the How To Play doc real quick. There are probably plenty of bugs.  Feedback is appreciated.

Mac:
Link removed (old)

Win:
Link removed (old)

Change Log v0.0.7

- How To Play Guide has been updated to reflect the new gameplay.
- You can press Space to skip a turn.
- Added a party select menu.
- Heroes can now level up: The Party collects XP by flipping over cards, upon reaching the Exit the XP will be given to each Hero. Leveling up increases the power of their Skill, or grants other passive bonuses. Starting Hero stats are lower as a result.
- Heroes have a Class: Doesn't mean much right now, but will be referenced by cards later in the game.
- Traps: Cards on the board with a purple border are Traps. They usually only affect characters that are standing on them. Hover over the trap to see its effects.
- There is now a cap on Health and Energy: Flipping over cards still regenerates Energy, but will not exceed the max. Leveling up Heroes can increase the caps for each stat.
- New HUD: Cards not hovered over have a smaller, full art state. Inspecting a card enlarges it and displays any info.
- The new Dungeon Heart on the HUD beats when there is a Lost Soul somewhere on the current level.
- There's placeholder music and SFX in-game, although they are disabled by default so people focus on the gameplay. You can enable it with the M key.

Known Issues:
- Sometimes the exit spawns in a spot that blocks off some cards.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 08:17:06 AM by Chris Pavia » Logged
Chris Pavia
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2014, 01:45:55 PM »

I haven't updated this thread in a long time, but I've still been plugging away at the game. Here are some screenshots of the current state:

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic