Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 06:35:03 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesChanging the "new replies"
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Changing the "new replies"  (Read 8706 times)
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« on: August 01, 2013, 08:49:13 PM »

Could we have a way to remove threads from the "show new replies to your posts", or is SMF too closed to change that? I have no knowledge of web programming, so....

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 10:18:10 PM »

you see that big button that says mark thread as read? wait that's... mark as unread...

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 10:19:12 PM »

okay i found one

Kekskiller
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 10:46:47 PM »

That only removes the unread state but not the thread as a whole. It's strange that one can only add email notifcation for threads but not view them like with new replies.
DrDerekDoctors
THE ARSEHAMMER
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 05:51:51 AM »

okay i found one

I think he means more like unsubscribing from a thread permanently so it no longer shows up on your "Show new replies to your posts." page. I, too, would love this functionality because there's a fair few threads I no longer have shits to give about. Smiley

Me, David Williamson and Mark Foster do an Indie Games podcast. Give it a listen. And then I'll send you an apology.
http://pigignorant.com/
ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 06:25:15 AM »

okay i found one

I think he means more like unsubscribing from a thread permanently so it no longer shows up on your "Show new replies to your posts." page. I, too, would love this functionality because there's a fair few threads I no longer have shits to give about. Smiley
same, hoping for this feature since long ago

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2013, 06:38:12 AM »

Yeah, one time I responded to a troll on the Dark Souls thread. I never played Dark Souls, nor does the game seem interesting to me. I now have to have the Dark Souls thread in my "Show new replies" forever.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2013, 06:41:33 AM »

That's why you never post in a thread that has "mai" in the title.

Kekskiller
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2013, 06:44:11 AM »

I had around 20 more or less active threads I never wanted to see again on my deleted account. I just started visiting the forums directly though this was major drop in comfortability.
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2013, 06:50:59 AM »

That's why you never post in a thread that has "mai" in the title.

Actually, that's exactly why I've never posted in that thread. I have a strong feeling that seeing John spam my "show new replies" all the time would be aggravating.

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2013, 08:20:52 AM »

Yeah, one time I responded to a troll on the Dark Souls thread. I never played Dark Souls, nor does the game seem interesting to me. I now have to have the Dark Souls thread in my "Show new replies" forever.

uh, if that's the problem, you can easily unsubscribe to a thread. go to your forum profile. go to the notifications part. find the thread in question, check the check box, hit the unsubscribe button

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2013, 08:36:20 AM »

you can always hope for the thread to be accidentally deleted

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2013, 09:30:31 AM »

uh, if that's the problem, you can easily unsubscribe to a thread. go to your forum profile. go to the notifications part. find the thread in question, check the check box, hit the unsubscribe button
you still don't quite understand the problem, he's not receiving email notifications but it displays that thread when he goes to "Show new replies to your posts"
And there's no way to erase a thread from this list

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2013, 09:34:56 AM »

yes you can -- that falls under notifications. if you remove it from there it won't show up in the new replies to my posts system

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2013, 09:40:01 AM »

That's notification by eMail, completely different.
ANtY
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2013, 09:40:42 AM »

That's notification by eMail, completely different.
this

you'd have to first subscribe to that thread, not only post in it

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2013, 09:41:10 AM »

no it isn't, you are both wrong and can't read

SMF allows you to be notified of replies to posts, newly posted topics, and forum announcements. You can change those settings here, or oversee the topics and boards you are currently receiving notifications for.
Receive forum announcements and important notifications by email.
Receive reply notification only for the first unread reply.
Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic.
When sending notification of a reply to a topic, send the post in the email (but please don't reply to these emails.)

you can have it on even without email notification. the option is for both notifications *and* email, it works for both. simply select the forum topic, click unsubscribe, and you will no longer be notified of it in that system

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2013, 09:47:40 AM »

I'm looking at it right now and all of the topic notifications I have are for threads I started myself, not ones I replied in.  I can't remove them from there to remove them from "Show new replies to your post".

Even if turning that checkbox on does work, it doesn't let you remove topics individually. 
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2013, 09:55:46 AM »

i think i've done it before successfully. but to verify this i'll try to do it for this topic; one sec

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2013, 09:58:37 AM »

it worked, but i had to do it twice before the topic disappeared from the list. the first time i checked one and clicked unsubscribe it didn't actually remove it from the list for some reason, but on the second time it did

also, replying in this thread again is now re-subscribing me, so i'd need to do it again now

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic