Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 03:46:03 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum Issuesproblems registering on tigsource [NOT FIXED?]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: problems registering on tigsource [NOT FIXED?]  (Read 50113 times)
FARTRON
Level 4

the last man in space

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2014, 12:38:33 PM »

Multiple people denying it's a problem without investigating. Cool.

Everything that was once directly lived has receded into a representation. - debord
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2014, 12:45:09 PM »

Was that a reply to my post?

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2014, 01:16:15 PM »

we can't really "investigate" shit seeing we don't have admin privileges. literally the only people who can do something about this are derek and matthew (probably matthew moreso).
FARTRON
Level 4

the last man in space

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2014, 03:48:45 PM »

Yeah that's a big part of the problem. I'm just not interested in debating whether the problem I'm going out of my way to report as a favor is fake or not.

Everything that was once directly lived has receded into a representation. - debord
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2014, 02:14:59 AM »

Who's saying it's fake?

Laserbrain Studios
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2014, 02:48:45 AM »

Basically someone who can needs to direct admin attention to this because it's been going on for years and it's ridiculous.
Appointing actually active admins wouldn't be a bad idea either but hey it's not my site.

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2014, 01:59:12 PM »

Code:
[23:50]	<quackgyver>	man
[23:50] <quackgyver> derek yu isnt replying to my tweets
[23:50] <quackgyver> jesus
[23:50] <quackgyver> this is nuts. theres literally nobody that can help validate my tig account
[23:50] <quackgyver> siiiiiiiiiiiiigh
[23:50] <crowe> tigsource is falling apart dude
[23:50] <crowe> sry
[23:50] <crowe> :(
[23:51] <quackgyver> i dont get it. how can derek yu just let what is probably the most important indie community fall apart
[23:51] <quackgyver> its fucking important for up and coming devs like myself
[23:51] <quackgyver> is there any other site like it?

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2014, 02:44:05 PM »

sent PMs to derek and matthew. lets see if that does anything.
OrangeHelicopter
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2014, 04:34:07 AM »

For what it's worth, I was having problems registering. I signed up with my gmail address, but the activation email never arrived. Eventually I switched to a different email address (on my domain, but redirecting to a different gmail inbox). I got the email immediately then, but gmail had marked it as a potential phishing attack and sent it to my spam folder.

So maybe for some people, gmail is marking the emails as spam/phishing and immediately deleting them instead of sending them to the spam folder? Not sure what the admins can do if that's the case, other than advise people to sign up with a non-gmail address...
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2014, 05:48:40 AM »

What's the email address TIGSource sends from? Maybe people can try adding it to their whitelist?

Laserbrain Studios
Switchbladed
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2014, 05:58:27 AM »

Possible Issue/Solution:
I've been trying to sign up for over a day. My issue was that the activation mail was never received, not even in the junk/spam folder. I don't believe there is an issue with the registration form or questions, or even having tigsource sending the activation mail. The issue is most likely due to the tigsource email or mailinator being listed on a blacklist. I tried registering through both gmail and hotmail accounts, however neither received the activation email, even in the junk/spam folders. I resent the mails about 50 times, created 3 different forum accounts and waited 24 hours, still no luck. There had been some people signing up after me and recieving their emails, so I was pretty sure it wasn't an issue with Tigsource actually sending the mail. Today I decided to try 10MinuteMail to create another account, which worked immediately. I then changed the email on my original account to an email on my personal domain and it also worked immediately. This other email on my personal domain also forwards emails to my hotmail email, however the email was never received on my hotmail email, yet all other emails are still forwarding correctly.

So, the issue seems to be that Hotmail/Gmail and possibly other email providers are using a blacklist where either [email protected] is blocked, or mailinator is blocked. After a check, mail.mailinator.com is blocked on Rats Dyna, although Rats Dyna may/may not be the issue.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2014, 09:31:31 AM »

The issue is most likely due to the tigsource email or mailinator being listed on a blacklist.

the thing is, mailinator was banned on TIG (along with other throwaway email services) because they were mostly just used for spamming, trolling, ban dodging etc. maybe that's the issue? i unbanned mailinator for now, see if that changed anything.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 09:37:07 AM by C.A. Silbereisen » Logged
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2014, 09:45:13 AM »

Banned user emails have nothing to do with what sender address is used for outgoing emails. If this is indeed the problem, the forums just have to use another address that isn't blocked (why is mailinator even used for this?).

Laserbrain Studios
Switchbladed
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2014, 11:40:26 AM »

The issue is most likely due to the tigsource email or mailinator being listed on a blacklist.

the thing is, mailinator was banned on TIG (along with other throwaway email services) because they were mostly just used for spamming, trolling, ban dodging etc. maybe that's the issue? i unbanned mailinator for now, see if that changed anything.

That wouldn't explain why it works for personal hosted emails and specifically not gmail/hotmail. I see people are having issues with receiving password reset emails too, so this isn't just a registering issue. Either we need to find out where it is blacklisted, if it is blackedlisted and dispute it, or someone with access will need to change the email it is sent from (probably not mailinator). You should keep mailinator blocked for registering with, because it seems to be another site just like 10MinuteMail.

EDIT:

Okaaay, yeah something really isn't right. Why is Tigsource sending emails from [email protected]? I just went onto mailinator and I just type in tigsource and it puts me in that mailbox. So I tried replying to the activation email, when I check on mailinator I found the reply. Somebody really needs to change the sending email to something like [email protected].

EDIT 2:
Okay, [email protected] is a masked sender, it's actually being sent from tighosting.com (69.167.139.192) with [email protected]. Really not sure why this is and this whole mailinator thing is probably the entire problem.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 11:57:57 AM by Switchbladed » Logged
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2014, 01:23:02 PM »

Banned user emails have nothing to do with what sender address is used for outgoing emails. If this is indeed the problem, the forums just have to use another address that isn't blocked (why is mailinator even used for this?).

idk i have literally no idea about any of this (hence why im just a mod and dont have admin privileges)

neither matthew or derek have responded to my PM so far btw
Interface
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2014, 07:52:29 PM »

I can confirm the registration problems. After finding this post I tried a personal domain email and that worked fine indeed. Interestingly, with both the gmail/outlook as well as my personal domain, trying to resend activation kept saying "an error occurred" followed by a "successfully sent email". But I ended up finding the activation email in my spam folder, sent to the personal domain anyway, to my surprise.
RJAG
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 24, 2014, 02:08:45 AM »

Possible Issue/Solution:
I've been trying to sign up for over a day. My issue was that the activation mail was never received, not even in the junk/spam folder. I don't believe there is an issue with the registration form or questions, or even having tigsource sending the activation mail. The issue is most likely due to the tigsource email or mailinator being listed on a blacklist. I tried registering through both gmail and hotmail accounts, however neither received the activation email, even in the junk/spam folders. I resent the mails about 50 times, created 3 different forum accounts and waited 24 hours, still no luck. There had been some people signing up after me and recieving their emails, so I was pretty sure it wasn't an issue with Tigsource actually sending the mail. Today I decided to try 10MinuteMail to create another account, which worked immediately. I then changed the email on my original account to an email on my personal domain and it also worked immediately. This other email on my personal domain also forwards emails to my hotmail email, however the email was never received on my hotmail email, yet all other emails are still forwarding correctly.

So, the issue seems to be that Hotmail/Gmail and possibly other email providers are using a blacklist where either [email protected] is blocked, or mailinator is blocked. After a check, mail.mailinator.com is blocked on Rats Dyna, although Rats Dyna may/may not be the issue.

Thank you!

I was unable to register here, and it took me several days of trying until I found this.

I made many accounts, changed my email address over 50 times, waited 24, 48 hours. Never anything.

TigSOURCE's activation email never even makes it into the spam folder. It is blacklisted by gmail, aol, hotmail. Nothing worked.

Worst. Forum. Ever.

I mean, seriously. You CANNOT get worse than "People can't register accounts here to post." If the person can't join, then they can't post. Dur.

Can't believe this is STILL a problem.
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2014, 07:40:08 AM »

we should have someone walk over to derek's house and tell him since he seems deaf to all other channels

temp_56778
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2014, 08:04:04 AM »

confirming 10minutemail.com works, gmail doesn't

is it possible for a mod to change the email of an account so at least i can use a temp email that works until this mess is sorted?
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2014, 12:37:39 PM »

is it possible for a mod to change the email of an account

unfortunately no

(still no reply to my PM from either derek or matthew btw)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic