Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 12:50:37 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum Issuesproblems registering on tigsource [NOT FIXED?]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Print
Author Topic: problems registering on tigsource [NOT FIXED?]  (Read 50033 times)
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2014, 01:01:36 PM »

this is why we need new admins!

HFCRacer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 24, 2014, 05:07:45 PM »

I just had to register using 10MinuteMail after a day or so trying everything else.
RJAG
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 25, 2014, 03:45:29 AM »

I just had to register using 10MinuteMail after a day or so trying everything else.

Same here, but took me several days of trying. I was literally seconds from giving up, and never visiting this website ever again.
Startled Maggie
« Reply #83 on: September 25, 2014, 06:56:03 PM »

I had the same problem with not being able to get the activation email to show up in my gmail account!! I kept checking back to this thread hoping for a solution. 10MinuteMail totally worked! Thanks guys!
Tatarkow
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2014, 07:47:31 AM »

10MinuteMail worked for me as well. After almost two days of waiting for an activation email, I stared to giving it up, but this saved me. Thanks.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 26, 2014, 09:35:18 AM »

still no reply from either derek or matthew btw

this is getting ridiculous
Switchbladed
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2014, 10:49:06 AM »

still no reply from either derek or matthew btw

this is getting ridiculous

Any reply yet? Things like this really can damage the future of forums/sites like this.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2014, 12:46:33 PM »

i would have posted here already if i got a reply

idk its just really frustrating being a "representative" of sorts for this forum and not being able to do anything

who here is friends with derek and/or matthew or knows them IRL?
settworks
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 30, 2014, 06:18:43 PM »

So now that I've done the 10minutemail trick, what's the timeout before I can use my real email address? Or is it locked as a "registered account" forever?
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: September 30, 2014, 06:56:14 PM »

i would have posted here already if i got a reply

idk its just really frustrating being a "representative" of sorts for this forum and not being able to do anything

who here is friends with derek and/or matthew or knows them IRL?

i know them on facebook, but barely talk to them (derek did wish me happy birthday yesterday though)

anyway: for the time being i'll edit my first post to include the 10MinuteMail trick

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: September 30, 2014, 11:07:35 PM »

I emailed Matthew about it and linked him to these threads. Sorry, I've been pretty busy the past few weeks!
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2014, 12:18:01 PM »

ok thanks!

just got this PM from matthew:

Should be fixed--let me know if you hear of issues still!
Carl Maxwell
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2014, 12:19:21 PM »

YAY!

So I just spent like the last month trying to register. Thanks for posting the 10minutemail trick.

Also, the fact that it says "An error has occured" before claiming that "A new activation email has been sent" has seemed suspicious to me and I didn't see anyone pointing it out in this thread so, picture:

edit: to clarify, that screen is what comes up if you click on the "Did you miss your activation email?" link and fill out the form there (didn't seem to matter how you fill it out).
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 12:49:17 PM by Carl Maxwell » Logged

Itinerant Story - Devlog | Website | Twitter
Exudes Affluence
« Reply #93 on: October 01, 2014, 01:23:07 PM »

ok thanks!

just got this PM from matthew:

Should be fixed--let me know if you hear of issues still!

The 10MinuteMail trick worked for me too, but I don't think anyone else has mentioned that it looks like the option to change which email address receives the confirmation doesn't work. I registered an account about a month ago using my gmail account and tried to change the address to a 10MinuteMail one. When I hit enter it gave the usual "An error has occured" screen and when I tried logging in with the 10MinuteMail address it told me that username didn't exist. If I logged in with the email I originally set it to it would prompt me to send another confirmation email, so it looks like you can't change which email receives the confirmation email post-registration. I'd just like to access my previous account so I can delete it and free up its email address and screen name if that's possible.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2014, 01:24:50 PM »

"Exudes Affluence" is probably not the name you registered with. I think it has to be "original" username.
Exudes Affluence
« Reply #95 on: October 01, 2014, 01:28:52 PM »

Yeah, this is an account I just registered today. Different username, different email address. I'd just like to delete the old account I registered so that I can use its screen name and email address on this one. It's not the end of the world if I can't, just thought I'd ask and point out that I don't think the change email field works if you're trying to get the confirmation email.
Exudes
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 01, 2014, 01:52:48 PM »

Yeah, this is an account I just registered today. Different username, different email address. I'd just like to delete the old account I registered so that I can use its screen name and email address on this one. It's not the end of the world if I can't, just thought I'd ask and point out that I don't think the change email field works if you're trying to get the confirmation email.

Never mind, looks like it's working now! Maybe I mistyped something at some point. I'm just gonna delete my newer account and use this one instead.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: October 01, 2014, 04:22:42 PM »

i got an email one minute ago from an aol email saying they couldn't register on tigs even though they have a non-gmail account, and that they never got the email to their aol account. i'm not sure if it's related to this issue but it might be

FARTRON
Level 4

the last man in space

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: October 02, 2014, 07:30:48 AM »

Well I'm glad that the problem is completely fixed and no deep structural problems were exposed with how the site is run.

Everything that was once directly lived has receded into a representation. - debord
RatPatrol
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 22, 2014, 02:11:15 PM »

Cheesy

I found this thread with google, trying to find the answers ....

Alpha Supporter:
Endless Space
The Dead Linger
Firefall - Founder Level Supporter
Dead State
Star Force
Kinetic Void
Kenshi
Door Kickers

Beta Player:
Diablo III
Defiance