Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 03:51:47 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCRAWL: arcade dungeon crawler where your friends control the monsters
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22
Print
Author Topic: CRAWL: arcade dungeon crawler where your friends control the monsters  (Read 210592 times)
sephi_6
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: February 10, 2014, 08:25:41 AM »

HOLY "$%&!!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked

I love the pixel art and the animation mate!! It looks GORGEOUS!!  Kiss Kiss

Waiting for it!!

barneycumming
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: February 10, 2014, 08:36:00 AM »

thanks so much guys for such praise Smiley i'm really happy the impact is coming across in the gifs even without the sound

hey eobet, someone else pointed me at Moonstone, and i gotta say i'm sad i missed it at the time- that game looks amazing! 

those levels with the boars running quickly across the screen give me nightmare flashbacks to golden axe and those dungeons and dragons arcade games- it was so damn finicky to line yourself up properly on the z axis, it feels frustrating even in a youtube vid! Smiley

OniWorld
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: February 10, 2014, 08:52:02 AM »

this looks awesome, i love the artwork and animations!

Regulus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 10, 2014, 01:15:01 PM »

This is great!

The animations, the artwork, the detail, and even those helpful guides you posted are all awesome. I can't wait to beat up on some baddies  Durr...?
tedwilson79
« Reply #164 on: February 10, 2014, 04:36:42 PM »

This looks fantastic. Great, fluid animation, which is especially impressive considering how few pixels you have in most of those characters! I love the colour palette too. Can't wait to see the finished game.
Low_Chance
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: February 28, 2014, 11:22:16 AM »

I couldn't resist posting any longer - how's the game coming?

We need new .gifs to maintain our sanity out here.  Smiley
Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: February 28, 2014, 11:38:43 AM »

Looking like a super sweet party game, and the animations are delicious although a bit too much for me, especially considering how much is going on on those gifs.
Will this be coming to Linux?

barneycumming
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: March 02, 2014, 10:36:54 PM »

hey again everyone!  I've been out of the loop for a while, working like crazy to get everything ready to launch our Greenlight, but was stoked to see we made it into the TIGSource Devlog Magazine Smiley

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=28616.msg1000739#msg1000739

woo!  It's super-cool to see my monster in there alongside art from so many people I look up to on the site :D

so a little update:
I've been mostly working on a trailer!  Capturing footage, editing, and working with the audio-

it features awesome voice-over by our friend "old shrimp-eyes" who is doing a sort of lovecraftian narrator

and we have kick-ass music by Alex Yoder who is handling our game soundtrack- we wanted a very specific mix of glitchy 8-bit bleeps and brooding orchestral moods, and Alex has done an amazing job!  our brief was something along the lines of "imagine something like the diablo soundtrack being played though a malfunctioning 90s arcade cabinet" and that's pretty much what we've got Smiley

this time I've figured out a decent workflow for capturing footage, so it doesn't end up compressed at multiple stages and losing its colour quality or pixel sharpness so we should have infinitely better quality this time (fingers crossed!)

quick answers to any questions!

Netsu- haha yep it does get pretty busy on screen, though it all makes a lot more sense when you're actually controlling a guy and you can see the cause of all the effects etc!  and yes, Linux build is in the works!

Low_Chance- hey thanks Smiley sorry I don't have any gifs today, just too swamped getting ready for Greenlight, but I'll find time in the week to capture some more cool stuff!  The game hasn't had much work on it for the last few weeks as we've been focused on Greenlight, but it's at a very playable stage and we'll be sending out some early builds to press very soon- I can't wait to get in there and make some fixes to monsters, I have a huge list of tweaks to get them to feel better, but just have to hold out now tile Greenlight is up!

tedwilson79- thanks, it has been a really fun challenge working so low resolution, and I'm pretty surprised people are liking it so much- I thought it might be offputting for a lot of people... I guess it probably is but there are enough pixel-art fans to make up for it Smiley

Regulus & OniWorld - thanks so much!  I can't wait to get everyone playing the game and talking with us and helping us hone the gameplay- it's going to be really fun!

RLofC
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: March 03, 2014, 12:44:16 AM »

You have my vote standing-by. Can't wait to try the game Grin

barneycumming
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: March 03, 2014, 01:59:40 AM »

thanks RLofC! 

i hate posting without images- so here are at least some shots form the trailer Smiley

barneycumming
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: March 03, 2014, 04:39:50 PM »

woo the new trailer is finally up!

check out our new trailer here:
http://www.powerhoof.com/crawl/

and look we have a Greenlight page!

you can vote if you want to help us get on Steam!:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=230002412

Bandreus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: March 03, 2014, 04:59:54 PM »

Oh man, dat trailer  Beg

Also voted on greenlight and added a link to it to the Devlog Magazine post

barneycumming
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: March 03, 2014, 05:02:48 PM »

thanks Bandreus!and great work bringing the magazine back!

DrunkDevs
Level 1

Drink beer and make games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: March 03, 2014, 05:45:38 PM »

What a fantastic trailer, and the voice over was so awesome. You got my Greenlight vote.

Want more Drunk Devs?
DrunkDevs.com / Facebook / Twitter

Current Devlog:
Kegbot
killnpc
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: March 03, 2014, 07:54:36 PM »

love it! can't wait to play it!

without greed.
DarthBenedict
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 03, 2014, 08:32:43 PM »

Voted, looks fun.

Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 03, 2014, 09:14:35 PM »

Just saw CRAWL on Kotaku, good job dude! How are you handeling some of the negative comments? I find some of them very painful and frustrating to read.

barneycumming
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: March 03, 2014, 09:55:23 PM »

ah those pixel art comments are so silly Smiley they're not specifically about me, just some people are sick of seeing pixel art and are getting angry about it- that's the internet for ya!  It will deliver you comments from the 0.01% of people who like your product the most, and from the 0.01% or people so angered by it's existence that they can't help but post

I knew people who don't like pixel art won't like may game- I didn't really expect them to be driven to be so vocal about it, but I've seen similar comments underneath posts about almost every pixel art game these days- it's just general trend/movement backlash, nothing personal!

the internet gives people freedom to let rip with no accountability, which is better than the other option- some form of overarching censorship... so I guess super-inflamatory comments are just evidence that we are still pretty damn free on the internet!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 12:00:48 AM by barneycumming » Logged

Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: March 03, 2014, 10:49:54 PM »

Really cool trailer (the voice acting!) and the once I saw the words 'controller' and 'linux' I was sold  Hand Thumbs Up Right Voted!

slothwerks
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: March 04, 2014, 12:03:01 AM »

Incredible trailer.  The pixel art speaks for itself, but the story, voiceover, music and glitchy nature of the trailer is the icing on the cake.  Fantastic work.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic