Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411508 Posts in 69379 Topics- by 58435 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 30, 2024, 01:41:49 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCRAWL: arcade dungeon crawler where your friends control the monsters
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22
Print
Author Topic: CRAWL: arcade dungeon crawler where your friends control the monsters  (Read 210644 times)
y_nnis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #280 on: July 02, 2014, 06:07:13 AM »

if i turned him the other way he'd either have his body too close to the logo L or his wings too far off the edge... to be honest i could probably get it to work but now what's done is done and i'm sick of working on them hehe :D

Fair enough and looks great anyway! Keep up the great work!
Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 02, 2014, 06:51:09 AM »

Fear the Lich (King ?)

Any other bosses, What about multiple players controlling parts of the boss and working together to kill the main player

How are on going to manage lifes or is it gonna be a straight play thru?
Rogue like?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 06:57:15 AM by Whiteclaws » Logged
barneycumming
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #282 on: July 02, 2014, 08:51:39 AM »

yep, i definitely have plans for bosses with multiple guys in there controlling their different body parts and having to cooperate while one guy controls the legs and runs him around!

the concept of "lives" is a bit different in crawl- when one hero dies it brings the killers hero to life- that continues til the end with the boss fights, so it's really nothing like a roguelike in that way

down the track i would love to look at a single player more classic-roguelike mode, but for the time being, it's all about multiplayer madness!

also, a new little mini-trailer is ready!:

(watch in 1080 or the pixels get blurry)

Green Gospod
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 02, 2014, 09:19:29 AM »

Meet the spider?

The voice talking in the trailer, how did you make that? Is that just you/your friend + voice changing effects or did you hire someone?
barneycumming
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #284 on: July 02, 2014, 09:47:46 AM »

just an old work friend Smiley

i' was just lucky enough to discover my friend was pretty good at voices years ago when we were working together

i've done placeholder recordings with my own voice and believe me, there is no amount of processing you can do to make it sound good if they have a silly voice like me in the first place :D

Toastie Republic
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: July 02, 2014, 10:08:01 AM »

Haha, the concept of being a monster in a dungeon is awesome! How far along are you in testing the concept(far along enough for strangers to be involved!?)?
barneycumming
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #286 on: July 02, 2014, 10:17:36 AM »

hey Toastie Republic! we're pretty far along- about a year and a half in, and 2 weeks from launch on early access Smiley in what capacity were you keen to get involved?

Toastie Republic
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 02, 2014, 01:59:29 PM »

hey, I'm pretty interested in being part of the feedback loop you know? Specifically, I was interested in the player role as a monster or boss but I enjoy giving feedback on all gameplay fronts.

I'm fairly involved in the art side of gamedev as well so I'm game to give feedback on individual assets or the general feel of things. 
tuglaw
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #288 on: July 02, 2014, 04:30:58 PM »

hey Toastie Republic! we're pretty far along- about a year and a half in, and 2 weeks from launch on early access Smiley in what capacity were you keen to get involved?

I was actually expecting the game to be done by now after the two videos that Giant Bomb made (not in a hurry, just seemed like the game was near complete).
How many bosses do you have currently in the game? Are you planning on using Early Access to beta test the game or are you still going to implement new big features?

barneycumming
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #289 on: July 02, 2014, 05:13:16 PM »

MurderOfPoes - yep, we are launching on early access in a couple of weeks!

in a way the game was near complete then and now it is complete- it is just a complete small game with only 1 boss etc, and over the course of early access we'll be making more and more content Smiley

we didn't want to release a half-made game and have people playing while we finish it, we wanted to be sure the very first version people can buy is something i'd be proud to sell as a final game

but there are many features and so much content we could add to grow this, and i have about a million monsters and bosses and weapons and items i want to add, but don't want everyone to wait forever while i add them Smiley

and then there's all the secret stuff we want to add :D

Toastie Republic - yeah awesome, it is a weird design for sure and cool to see people digging it!  when we launch, there will be loads of opportunity to get involved in the  feedback loop and let us know where you'd like us to take things!

i'm really looking forward to early access- watching and listening to players and trying to use that informatin to think up what i can add to really surprise and excite players again!

barneycumming
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #290 on: July 03, 2014, 08:06:09 AM »

...the countdown is on Smiley

Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 03, 2014, 08:16:31 AM »

Epileptic

Fniss
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 04, 2014, 05:10:12 AM »

The animations are amazing! So fluid and alive. :D well done!
Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #293 on: July 05, 2014, 04:39:15 AM »

I probably asked this already, but I don't recall the answer. How does single player work? It just plays like a regular dungeon crawler?

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
barneycumming
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #294 on: July 07, 2014, 10:31:38 AM »

the countdown to launch continues- now we have 2 little monster mini-trailers Smiley

9 days to go!

oh, @christian- crawl is designed as a local-multiplayer game all the way... we have bots you can practice against with 1 player, but they are more designed for filling out a 2 player game into a 4 player game

Reilly
Level 2

14/f/tx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #295 on: July 07, 2014, 02:08:55 PM »

Great trailers, the voice work really sells it. My compliments to whoever that might be.

Connor
Level 8

Smooth talker, musician. Loves all things 70s.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #296 on: July 07, 2014, 07:35:41 PM »

the yogscast made a video on this! expect a lot of viewers

Firearrow games
www.firearrowgames.net

blitzkampfer:
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=52009.msg1280646#msg1280646

too bad eggybooms ents are actually men in paper mache suits and they NEED to be agile
barneycumming
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #297 on: July 07, 2014, 08:17:48 PM »

uhoh, we'd better not screw it up then!

Guitarmatt21
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #298 on: July 08, 2014, 06:56:55 AM »

I too cannot get over how great that voice acting is on your trailers, a good way to inject maximum hype! He almost sounds like Sinistar in a weird way (the best way). I can't wait to get my hands on this, keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 07:25:48 AM by Guitarmatt21 » Logged

Connor
Level 8

Smooth talker, musician. Loves all things 70s.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #299 on: July 08, 2014, 07:03:40 AM »

here, a link to one of their 5 part series on it

Firearrow games
www.firearrowgames.net

blitzkampfer:
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=52009.msg1280646#msg1280646

too bad eggybooms ents are actually men in paper mache suits and they NEED to be agile
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic