Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 02:44:33 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCRAWL: arcade dungeon crawler where your friends control the monsters
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22
Print
Author Topic: CRAWL: arcade dungeon crawler where your friends control the monsters  (Read 208724 times)
GrahamOfLegend
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #340 on: August 08, 2014, 03:56:03 AM »

Congrats on the game being out guys! I'm definitely going to invest in it, but the moment you have it for PS3/4, I am gonna go completely all in! This will be the first PC game I've played that's not Dota in a whiiiile.

Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #341 on: August 08, 2014, 08:57:07 AM »

I want to play it... but I also want to wait for the final version.

I hate this early access thing.

Rez
Level 0

Welp.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #342 on: August 08, 2014, 10:47:30 AM »

I'm loving this so far. Congrats and I can't wait for the stuff you're going to put in next!

Krisjet
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #343 on: August 14, 2014, 01:50:15 AM »

Didn't know you guys had a devlog here! Bought the game on launch, very cool!
Love the alternative structure of it, as opposed to a lot of "normal" local multiplayer titles, this one takes pretty long per game and has an epic feel to each and every game. Really hope you've inspired other devs in that regards, you sure inspired me!

oodavid
Level 8

Discombobulate!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #344 on: August 16, 2014, 07:24:19 AM »

How do you configure more keyboard inputs on OSX?

Edit: I'm using WJoy + Enjoy2 + Wii Controllers...
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 07:39:36 AM by oodavid » Logged

Button up! - Out on Android and iOS

latest release: 13th March 2015
Bombini
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #345 on: August 31, 2014, 10:48:51 PM »

Congrats!"

standardcombo
Level 8

><)))°>

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 21, 2014, 08:26:55 PM »

Love the minimalist style with epic animations.

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #347 on: September 21, 2014, 08:45:56 PM »

saw the trailer for this months back; happy to find the devlog. (that was a phenomenal trailer)

barneycumming
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #348 on: September 21, 2014, 11:59:17 PM »

hey thanks dude!  this reminds me i've really let this thread get out of date!  been so run off my feet since launch, just struggling to find time to get everything done, let alone post about it all Smiley

well here is the latest WIP stuff- working on mechanics for a bunch of new monsters...

:D :D :D!

Gamedragon
« Reply #349 on: September 22, 2014, 12:03:04 AM »

I sooo want this! Unfortunately I am broke Sad. Question: What do you use to animate?
Ruxar
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #350 on: September 22, 2014, 03:59:21 AM »

How are the sales going so far? Have you managed to fill a Scrooge McDuck style money bin yet? Looking great btw Smiley

Low_Chance
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 22, 2014, 04:17:21 AM »

Your new stuff is looking awesome! Personally, I am most excited to grab and chomp some heroes with the Owlbear, though Smiley

I figured the devlog was out of date because you guys had taken the money from your early sales and were living on a tropical island doing drugs and playing Mario Kart 64 on a wall-size plasma TV. I am pleased to see I was wrong, but when the game hits full release, please do take some personal time to do drugs on a tropical island - you've earned it.

I also wanted to add that I have been playing a lot of CRAWL when people come over to my place, and it's gotten really good reviews from everyone. Literally every person I've had a game of CRAWL with has spontaneously said "Wow! This game is really cool!" or something to that effect - including my own sainted father who would not normally be into "action-y" games. I've already gotten my money's worth and then some out of the game, so thank you and congratulations on your game!

Now hurry up and release tons of new content you lazy BUMS Smiley
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #352 on: September 22, 2014, 05:01:18 PM »

That girl character should have her face covered by her hair, as in The Ring. She could also crawl out of a well ... spooky O_O

barneycumming
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #353 on: September 26, 2014, 06:07:38 AM »

new update is ready Smiley

knifeySpoonie
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #354 on: September 26, 2014, 06:09:59 AM »

Awesome... looking forward to giving it a try this weekend :D

Founder and Creative Director |  KnifeySpoonie Games  |  Tpickarddev.com | @TPickardDev
Low_Chance
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 26, 2014, 09:48:24 AM »

Wow, looks great! Really excited to see how much content you guys are delivering. 4 new gods and monsters, plus all those balance changes... SO excited to play this tomorrow!

I'm actually really interested in the new potion system and the improvements to some of the misc. items in the shop (lower cost for the haunted axe, etc.). I have to admit, in the previous system, I found it only worthwhile to buy golem blood and ogre blood, with perhaps a devil juice if you encounter one early on. With this new system, I'd consider buying pretty much anything for a flat +2/ -1 relationship (at a low price of 15g). Sounds like a great design decision to me!
Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 02, 2014, 09:59:42 PM »

Hey guys, what's your plan for IndieCade?  Grin

Low_Chance
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 03, 2014, 04:28:01 AM »

Guys the Scorpion is too good. Played properly, you basically can't beat that guy with the starting kit. Like, at all.
barneycumming
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #358 on: October 03, 2014, 05:06:26 PM »

Hey guys Smiley it's been ages since I've had time to maintain this devlog at all- feeling a bit bad for neglecting it!

Since launch I've been run off my feet with admin/support/pr/marketing work, and it has been a struggle to get back to a balance were most of my time is spent on game content again

I went to PAX and got drunk with devs and gamers I'd previously known only on twitter, and got to be surprised by them all looking nothing like how I had imagined them Smiley

Anyway I'm back in action now and hoping to get back to blogging our dev journey again!

Gamedragon- I do all my animation in Photoshop.  It has its limitations, not being built specifically with animation in mind, but it is the most versatile art environment for me, and it is where I am the most fast and fluent- feeling comfortable in an environment always trumps features, not that PS is missing too many features Smiley

Ruxar- Things are going well, but nothing earth shattering- to date we've sold around 16,000 units, and we're currently averaging just over 80 per day.  

We're hoping for full launch to be a little bigger then the early access launch if we want to make a regular salary for the 2 years or so dev time- this looks fairly likely, but we definitely don't have any extra cash to hire another programmer to help with online support ar anything like that.

Still, if full launch ends up being significantly bigger than the early access launch, we could end up with some extra cash, not to mention doing console versions- so all in all it is looking promising for our first project, but we still have to be very careful with our money incase launch isn't as big as we'd like.

Low_Chance- haha yes I can't wait to get that big bird guy in there!  In implementing the Demon Lord, we cleaned up our "grab" system, which means that the grab/chomp the bird has is now fully functional- all I need for him is a second move then I can put him in, but I haven't had  achance yet to try out my ideas!

Also, thanks for the advice and compliments dude!  After launch I did go away for a weekend with my girlfriend (who I had basically ignored for 2 months to get the game ready) and stayed in a cabin in the bush surrounded by nothing but trees and kangaroos and didn't touch my computer at all- this was a pretty good way to decompress after working 20 hour days on the weeks leading up til launch, but I think I like your idea of drugs on a tropical island much better :D

eigenbom- hehe yeah, I tried to make it look like it's mostly hanging over her face with just a crack showing- i did try some more covered versions, but if i take away the 1 pixel showing it would be hard to tell what she is Smiley

knifeySpoonie- cheers dude, I hope you had fun- a few bugs have come up in the update, but we have fixed 90% of them and will be doing a patch very soon with those fixes

Low_Chance (again!)- yup, we've tried to make all the potions equally viable, and fix a couple of oversights where we just had the wrong values and ended up with OP potions!  also just trying to simplify it so it's a much easier decision in a quick game- generally the influence is not quite so strong but they are cheaper so hopefully people will buy quite a few without things getting unbalanced

Slader16- hey! Crawl is showing in IndieCade which we're really psyched about, but being in Australia, we can't afford the flights (and particularly can't afford the time off development) to come get involved in person!  I think it takes us out of the running for much of the competition stuff which is a bit of a bummer, but it's still pretty sweet to have Crawl picked at all!

Low_Chance (again again!!!)- yep the new monsters will all get a bit of a tweak soon as we have a good handle on the balance issues and know the best ways to tweak them to keep them fun without unbalancing things!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 05:12:47 PM by barneycumming » Logged

barneycumming
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #359 on: October 10, 2014, 09:31:43 PM »

started prototyping on a second boss:

still no idea if we'll be able to get him to work at that size, but we're going for it!

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic