Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411471 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58423 Members - Latest Member: antkind

April 23, 2024, 10:11:38 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsShapist - a puzzle embraced by physics [win phone / ios / android]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Shapist - a puzzle embraced by physics [win phone / ios / android]  (Read 15972 times)
ori
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2013, 10:21:44 AM »

For the expo I have designed some give aways, post cards have qr code on the back, some codes are quit special others link to the http://www.playshapist.com. I have been presenting products on exhibitions before but those were product design items, this is the first time ever in my life i will be showing a game, i really have no idea what to expect.  Coffee

I have been doing interaction design for the last decade, designed Shapist puzzle and working on TALLNUM & KoriKori now... follow me on Twitter . Space cowboy, father of two lemons
ori
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2013, 08:48:12 AM »

We had almost a hundred people play the game during Licence 2 Play show in Singapore

It was pretty awesome to see people learn how to play, start solving puzzles and stay sometimes for an hour playing without a single word of explanation or tutorial

I have been doing interaction design for the last decade, designed Shapist puzzle and working on TALLNUM & KoriKori now... follow me on Twitter . Space cowboy, father of two lemons
ori
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2013, 07:21:45 PM »

The design process I had with Shapist and beyond inspired me to try to conclude most of the ideas into one small article I still keep rewriting ) - Video games designed as physical interactive objects   I keep updating the text, as well as I would like to point that it may serve as a basis for a more broad story I want to write that would include some background behind KeiKei watch http://goo.gl/jXUlqS for example so that those interested in product design would find more value as well but for now it is what it is, and it is not a story of Shapist puzzle design etc, yet a more umbrella like thing.

ori
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2014, 11:17:54 PM »

Shapist is almost ready for Ipad release (more platforms to follow shortly)

We have finished in game menu that follows our zero UI idea, once again no numbers, words, loading screens...

And some great news - Shapist will be the part of the Indie Prize competition during Casual Connect Amsterdam feb 11 to feb 13.

ori
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2014, 08:59:58 AM »

Game-play gifs:

early in the game:

and quite complex puzzle:

ori
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2014, 05:15:12 AM »

Our game is headed to iPad, release date is set to be Feb 15th...
In a mean while please take a look at the video game play trailer:

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2014, 07:44:53 AM »

Only iPad? Any chance of a Universal update later? Or the full game on PC?

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
ori
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2014, 11:29:47 AM »

we plan a version with some levels being differently designed for mobiles, s not really universal but we do plan Shapist to see the light of all compatible platforms.

Tom Horse
Level 0

Diamonds

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2014, 11:33:37 AM »

Wow man, I like the art style,  it looks so simple, but too cute and impressive. And the devlog looks/is written good :3

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2014, 12:44:35 PM »

we plan a version with some levels being differently designed for mobiles, s not really universal but we do plan Shapist to see the light of all compatible platforms.
Great. I really enjoyed the browser demo

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
oodavid
Level 8

Discombobulate!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2014, 01:19:47 PM »

Those gameplay gifs are splendid! Love the attention to detail with the various blocks floating between the levels. Very nice!

Desperate to give this a go, but no Unity support for Linux just yet. Maybe when I get some time to tinker with Wine...

Button up! - Out on Android and iOS

latest release: 13th March 2015
ori
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2014, 09:11:48 PM »

Thank you all for awesome comments... we will publish downloadable demo within 24 hours, linux included )

oodavid
Level 8

Discombobulate!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2014, 02:09:59 AM »

linux included

You magnificent man!

Dima Kurilchenko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2014, 09:40:47 AM »

Now you can play a standalone demo of Shapist. Enjoy!

—  Windows

—  OSX

—  Linux
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 10:06:16 AM by Dima Kurilchenko » Logged
oodavid
Level 8

Discombobulate!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2014, 02:22:11 PM »

That's got legs!

Are you using forced perspective to give it that transitionally 3d look and feel?

1 - The levels progressed from normal to (what I felt was) hard far too quickly.

I would have liked to see this start at "superbaby"; a single move that completes the level
Then for subsequent levels to introduce a single new element and explore that for a few levels. As it is, there's one level with a rotatable block followed by a spring block, then there's a rotatable block and two springs! But at that point I've not even mastered the rotatable block!

2 - The Green Door isn't obviously clickable

I only knew to click it as I watched your video. THAT SAID, I don't think you shuold add a big "click me idiot" sign or anything like that, only to add a new input event; when I try to drag what looks like a new block that should be enough to open it. As it is, it's most certainly a "click"

3 - The rotate button is very quick!

Maybe you could slow it down, then at the point the board is 90 degrees (ie: only the side is visible) you flip it 180 meaning that it only appears to turn 180 degrees... Trippy, but nice.

On the plus, I love the approach, the sounds are excellent, graphically awesome, simple, lots of love for this!

Gueib
Level 1

don't be jealous of my boogie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2014, 09:53:30 AM »

This game is absolutely incredible.
Samuelboucher
Level 0

The only way out is through

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2014, 11:10:14 AM »

Fantastic game. Looks sharp, colors are great an vibrant. Good job, everything is flawless.

ori
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2014, 12:09:25 PM »

Thank you all guys.

Let me add  some details:

mr  oodavid would be happy to know that actual game starts with much more slow complexity progression, you get around 11 levels to deal with each new mechanic and every time its introduced you get a very simple two levels to play around it. web demo can not potentially have all those levels and yet limiting it to one mechanic would be unfair so we are giving you two out of 4 to try...

to Everyone
thank you for enormous support over last few days.
while Dmitry is working hard on some improvements we want to push at 01 update.
I have been presenting the game at casual Connect Amsterdam as part of the Indie Prize and
Shapist has been nominated not once but twice, as the BEST MOBILE GAME and the BEST GAME IN DEVELOPMENT
we have not won but honored and proud to be selected from over a hundred contestants and be in a list of just three games competing for those awards.

ori
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2014, 11:29:52 PM »

we have a slight delay with Apple review, it is beyond our influence, we hope to have the game out within next 3 days.

ori
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2014, 07:35:52 AM »

Shapist is Finally out: https://itunes.apple.com/app/shapist/id816551293

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic