Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411502 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 03:18:18 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsCommonplace BookInnsmouth City
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Innsmouth City  (Read 2882 times)
Event Cascade
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2008, 11:44:46 AM »

Innsmouth City is a multiplayer text game based on idea 23 of Lovecraft's Commonplace Book -- "The man who would not sleep—dares not sleep—takes drugs to keep himself awake. Finally falls asleep—and something happens."

Each player is a member of a group cursed by nightmarish beings haunting them whenever they tire. They have to search for ways to keep themselves together long enough to find the source of the nightmares in the city they saw in their dreams.

It's currently playable, but the server isn't terribly stable and the client even less so (and currently only compiled for x64 Ubuntu, at that) so I don't think it would be a good idea to release them just yet.

I've planned to eventually put background images and possibly enemy pictures in the client to spice it up, but that is fairily low on my list of priorities so I have nothing to show regarding that matter yet.

It might have been wise to wait until I have something more to show instead of making a topic now, but the site should give some idea of what the game is like. I hope to have some early feedback.

Post-contest edit: As I rushed to clean up all the loose ends and release this game for the contest, I got really frustrated. I wasn't having much fun, and the final version of the game wasn't looking to be much fun either, so I scrapped it. I'm editing this now to remove the link to the site holding the game info because the site no longer exists.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 06:03:33 PM by Event Cascade » Logged
Powergloved Andy
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 11:59:33 AM »

I really enjoyed playing it! I can't wait for it to be complete  Beer!

Thanks Cascade
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic