Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411589 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 11:58:19 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsEva Project
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Eva Project  (Read 4557 times)
jdc_01
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2013, 03:52:27 AM »

Hi since the original project post category was locked I have move it to a Dev log instead a recruitment or collaboration page. Guess people where more interested in comment that working out in the project so it become rely way off topic.

You can still read the topic so that you may be more proficient with topic which was the previous debated at : http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=32292.0

Shiva 3D

Shiva 3D is back from the grave. They are going to update their current version to a 1.9.2 to fix some stuff and will lunch the 2.0 version shortly or when possible.

They don't explain how they come out of the liquidation process but it's good that they manage to come out of the hole. They have a great software.

Just to compare Shiva 3D for example: it produces smaller apps then unity3d which translates in higher perform.

Ubisoft the big company behind Assassins Creed to shut down some discordant voices about that quality of the engine they decided to lunch a bit of their Dev log which includes the use of the Shiva 3D engine.

Tasks

I realise that the process of recruitment is a very dull thing, and most people don't know if you have the knowledge and capability to fulfil the role of a designer/manager.

So with this in regard I decided to add tasks to the project. Now you can finish a task like for example tweak a 3D model or develop a functionality and in return you get virtual coins that you can trade for real cash if the game do get income. The rules for this will updated with the new web page version.

You can check current page at:  http://evaproject.eu/

This allows much more flexibility just because you want to help out with a model or a function that doesn't mean you are willing to under take the journey of the game work. Or maybe you don't have the time to devote to a full project, this way game work can be split to serve several interests.

Game Development

Decided to finished the browser game that I was working previously, so that's one of the reason that the web pages is taking so long to be updated.

The second project will be a very small game called Medivel which will be my test subject for development. I was able to gather all 3D models out.

After find all the models that i needed for Medivel designed the interface and now it's only missing the production stage. once finished continue EVA development.  

For more information check the web page. At the moment is a little on hold waiting for the update but the information is there.

-----------------------

Looking for a programmer with knowledge in PHP/JavaScript/Mysql and will use possible Shiva 3D or Unity 3D to partnership. Also knowledge or understanding in engine scripting will be required.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 01:03:06 AM by jdc_01 » Logged
jdc_01
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 02:58:09 AM »

the new web page version is online.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 03:17:14 AM by jdc_01 » Logged
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 05:58:39 AM »

Lol. This is happening again?

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
jdc_01
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 08:07:37 AM »

Impmaster:  "Lol. This is happening again?"

I already have one topic close due to off topic comments, please do not post off topic comments. If you want to chat follow the forum rules and go to general forum topic's.

I do not wish to replay to off topic comments nor solicit any of them.

If an admin is reading this please remove all off topic comments.

Thanks for the attention.
CowBoyDan
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 08:16:59 AM »

Nice site, I particularly like the use of images that say www.deviantart.com right on them.

PS  You should really proofread your web site.  "These are copryright to Deviantart autors at that time din't know about the Open Game Art Project I could used some from there which allowed me a bit more freedom."
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 09:17:27 AM »

The new web page version is online, still missing some funcionality that will be available when browser game is lunched.
I'm getting hungry all of a sudden...

Yeah.
jdc_01
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 08:39:59 PM »

eyeliner

I kind reported you to moderators, you are a way offtopic, and very well in to the abusive behaviour. "I'm afraid of Americans" that line says it all, it kind look like a xenophobic comment about some country way of life.

Learning to follow the rules does not hurt a bit only in the ego, hope some one enforces some rules on you because you are begging for some.

Games Inquirer
Level 4

I love video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2013, 09:32:17 PM »

He was referring to your use of "lunch" instead of "launch" which means quite different things. You had better bump your thread with some news that will convince people this isn't a bad joke rather than empty threats.

Check out my amateur blog in Greek or English.
eyeliner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2013, 12:25:30 AM »

eyeliner

I kind reported you to moderators, you are a way offtopic, and very well in to the abusive behaviour. "I'm afraid of Americans" that line says it all, it kind look like a xenophobic comment about some country way of life.

Learning to follow the rules does not hurt a bit only in the ego, hope some one enforces some rules on you because you are begging for some.

You kind what? Country way of who? Hurts a bit only on the where? I beg for some schooling, yes. Please, oh master, will it be you?

Yeah.
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2013, 12:56:23 AM »

Look, jdc. If you want to keep on going with your game, that's fine. However, TIGforums has a culture. We aren't businessmen talking about monetization tactics, most of the people here are hobbyists, or just gamers. Obviously, if you want us to treat you like you want, you have to fit into the culture. Reporting a level 10 because he made a joke probably isn't the best way to do that.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
eyeliner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2013, 01:39:44 AM »

Ignore the level of the reported person. I have questions.

What is his project about?
Is there anything made besides a sleazy page?
Is he real on this?
Is there a team working in this?

No?

This project ain't no project. My level hasn't got anything to do with it. He needs to know what people see him as. All talk and no work. At least, until now.

Yeah.
Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2013, 02:02:05 AM »

Enthusiasm is a good thing but, as with anything, only to a certain level.

Curb your enthusiasm.

Make a little game on your own, don't try and assemble a team you can't possibly manage. If you succeed and should your team be any good and serious about what they're doing you'll be the first to be kicked off of it anyway.

eyeliner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2013, 02:13:35 AM »

Also, David Bowie.

Yeah.
surt
Level 7

Meat by-product.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2013, 03:14:49 AM »

Is there a team working in this?
Current team:

1x manager/game designer/coder
2x Advanced C++ programmer (project manager)
1x Advanced C++ programmer
1x Programmer C++
1x 3D
1x writer
1x Game tester
1x Sound
Cheesy

Real life would be so much better with permadeath.
PJ Gallery - OGA Gallery - CC0 Scraps
poe
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2013, 08:52:05 AM »

dum
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2013, 10:08:32 AM »

Posting to follow this amazing project that is without a doubt going places.
jdc_01
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2013, 03:04:47 AM »

This topic serves only to do updates no comments, post them at the project web site.

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2013, 03:24:05 AM »

Well then, why the hell would you post on a forum, a place dedicated to commenting on different things?

Iso
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2013, 07:54:09 AM »

This topic serves only to do updates no comments, post them at the project web site.

Comment.

But seriously, judging by your sites pictures and links to art, you are taking liberty of either free or publicly hosted assets. I do not know if you contacted the Deviant Artists to use their artwork as concepts for your races. Example, the page at http://evaproject.eu/index.php?page=medivel is clearly a mix of assets created by different artists unrelated to your project, the style, quality and level of detail are all inconsistent.

Can this please be the next Limbo of the Lost? Musical Finale and all?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 07:59:20 AM by Iso » Logged

jdc_01
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2013, 06:33:12 PM »

Iso

I only see 2 reasons for you to made that comment:

1º you are mad
2º you belong to a team that received the design document and wanted for your self.

1º If you are mad which posted absurd. In this case I advised you to seek treatment. You need to be treated with a proper attention it may harmful for you to wonder around in that kind of mental situation.

2º If you are one of the people that receive the design document and come here to boycott the project. Just because I'm not producing a design document that necessary does not mean I don't own the intellectual property over it, you can still be accused with a lawsuit. Choose your actions carefully.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic