Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 11:05:33 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMicrogue - out now on iOS
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Print
Author Topic: Microgue - out now on iOS  (Read 27939 times)
Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2013, 03:14:49 PM »

Hey, didn't know you had a TIGForum thread. I'm Bronxsta on Toucharcade. Love the look of the dragon

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2013, 10:50:57 AM »

yeah, I have actually been on TIG way longer then I have been going to touch arcade.

Okay guys, so the next BIG problem I am going to try tackling is the dreaded monster placement. every so often the game has a problem with enemy placements. the three problems discovered so far are

A. Skeletons spawned in corners cant move
B. two Orange Eyes spawn next to each other, making it impossible to get by.
C. sometimes an Orange Eye will spawn so that you cant get to the Stairs without dying.

so those are the three problems I need to solve. I am thinking of adding a checkspawn function to all monsters, and just run through all the monster. and then reload the level if one of those above problems happen.

Uykered
« Reply #82 on: October 16, 2013, 04:42:14 PM »

Looks cool, did the old game have animation too?
JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2013, 07:23:57 AM »

it had some, but no where near what I have put in this version. This one has a lot more effects.

JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: October 30, 2013, 03:13:24 PM »

More stuff! game is coming along nicely. I have sound effects now thanks to the wonderful Jack Menhorn. A lot of the game now is just bug fix, bug fix, bug fix.

JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: November 07, 2013, 08:58:05 AM »

Bigger update.

I added spells to each Hero. A hero has a one time use spell. that effects their movement or monsters in some way. For example the Ice Queen can freeze all monsters, and the Amazon can perform a dash that doubles her movement distance.

There will also be a small chance of finding a Key, Once a key is found there will be a small chance to find a Cage. if a cage is found, the player rescues a new hero and they are added to the hero mix for subsequent plays.

also a few new monsters including a Cockatrice that can kill a hero in line with it.

DrunkDevs
Level 1

Drink beer and make games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: November 07, 2013, 10:13:25 AM »

This is looking really really great. Do you have any idea for a launch window yet?

Want more Drunk Devs?
DrunkDevs.com / Facebook / Twitter

Current Devlog:
Kegbot
JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: November 08, 2013, 08:32:40 AM »

well I am working on trying for something soon. I keep taking time out to do freelance work. I was thinking of maybe doing like an Indiegogo campaign so I only need to worry about the game and not bills and all that nonsense. (I did the math and only need about 3-4k.) When I launch I am going to try for all the portals I can and was thinking about possibly doing an early launch on Desura. letting people pay for early access and then setting up a forum for user feedback. The biggest hurdle now is sound. waiting for some temp tracks for music. currently using a track from Dark Souls.

phi6
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: November 08, 2013, 08:33:55 AM »

I think your game looks great and would do well on the crowdfunding. Why not Kickstarter though? Bigger audience there, let me know if you need any help getting that sorted out. I had a whirlwind of a time during my campaign.

Good luck!

TinyKeep is now on Steam!
@phi6
jmcmorris
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: November 08, 2013, 09:28:41 AM »

I played through the first version of this long ago and enjoyed it. I'm liking the additions you're making. Dragon is looking great.

JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: November 08, 2013, 10:20:55 AM »

thanks jmcmorris the dragon needs a little bit more work. I would like some breathign durign the sleep anim.

Phi6. I am actually a little afraid of kickstarter. Would you mind shooting me an email and we can talk further.

JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: November 08, 2013, 12:39:40 PM »

Oh forgot here are some animated Gifs from development.

Dragon

Treasure Screen

Some effect animations

nss_aries
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: November 08, 2013, 03:56:15 PM »

Nicely done!

JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: November 13, 2013, 08:38:00 AM »

okay guys. Time for more rambling. So the next thing I am trying to add is a spell that moves all the monsters one space away from the player. I am having a little trouble just finding an easy way to do this, because I want all the enemies to move at once and follow two rules.

1. An enemy will not move into a wall
2. An Enemy will not move into another monster.

So trying to figure that out now. One hero will have a spell that pushes monsters away and one will pull them towards.

rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 22, 2013, 11:10:20 AM »

okay guys. Time for more rambling. So the next thing I am trying to add is a spell that moves all the monsters one space away from the player. I am having a little trouble just finding an easy way to do this, because I want all the enemies to move at once and follow two rules.

So trying to figure that out now. One hero will have a spell that pushes monsters away and one will pull them towards.

If the monster is already against the wall it should move left or right, whichever is more "away" from the player. It could also move diagonally, if there's an open space there.

A spell to pull monsters closer seems more like a curse.
mike_w
Level 0

Hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: November 22, 2013, 12:26:56 PM »

If you are just shifting everything one space in whatever direction you should be able to just move everyone one square over. Start with the ones furthest away from the player and just don't shift anyone who is already next to a wall. If the space isn't clear (due to an enemy or wall) then it should be safe to skip over them. That way the spell will work but logically it makes sense that it can't push an enemy with nowhere to go.

If you need to move them regardless, that could end up being more complicated and it might not even look right. I would implement something simpler first and see if that makes sense before going for a more complicated thing.

By the way this game looks really awesome!

Alex Higgins
Level 2

@alchiggins on Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: November 22, 2013, 01:17:08 PM »

Your animation work is lovely.

My Dev Blog! >  Sassy Echidna Software
WIP >  Monsterpunk
Latest Game >  Bloodjak
Excy
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 06, 2013, 02:15:09 AM »

here is a gameplay GIF with temp aniamtions.

Really glad you kept the dragon sprite larger than the actual tile, looks incredible with all the animations in place. As soon as I saw that gif I remembered you talking about monsters dying in different ways and started to think up a plan on how I'd try to position and execute enemies. Damn man, I WANT TO PLAY.

barneycumming
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: December 06, 2013, 02:12:55 PM »

looking great Smiley

lovely colours

happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: December 07, 2013, 01:54:25 AM »

Looks great! If you can only move up to two squares a way will you add in cursor keys support as well?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic