Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58432 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 09:26:36 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSpirit Core
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Spirit Core  (Read 550 times)
GhostBomb
Level 4

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2013, 07:44:23 PM »

Spirit Core is a new shoot 'em up that I'm working on.  It's mostly just a standard shmup except it has a completely unique weapon system.  As you can see, it's still in very early stages.

You level up your weapon using core fragments.  By collecting a bunch of fragments of the same color, you can level up your ship's core, which gives you a new, more powerful weapon.

There are 3 different colors.  Each represent a basic element of shmup weaponry:

Red: Spread  This color has a very high dps, but it's spread out across the screen either through aoe or sheer number of bullets.

Blue: Heavy  This color shoots less frequently, but packs a much meaner punch.  Weapons of this color tend to have a very high single target dps.

Yellow or Green: Rapid  This color fires a rapid stream of bullets, shredding anything in it's way.  It doesn't have the raw power of the other 2 colors but it's much more flexible and you're not likely to waste damage.

Now, the most interesting part about the weapons system is that starting at level 2, you can mix colors together for different results.  The new weapon will combine the 2 elements together, but in a fun and interesting way.  Just as example, maybe when you combined red and yellow together you could create a flamethrower.  Or if you combined 2 greens and a blue, you could get a machine gun like weapon that you could charge up to fire a powerful blast.

Hey, you!  I can't decide whether I should use red, blue, and yellow (primary colors of paints and dyes); or red, blue, and green (primary colors of light).  It'd be nice if you could help me decide.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 08:03:43 PM by GhostBomb » Logged

Current Projects:

UnEarth

Azure
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic