Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411998 Posts in 69459 Topics- by 58491 Members - Latest Member: Imaynotbehere4long

July 02, 2024, 10:30:58 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingImperial Domination 2 - beta
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Imperial Domination 2 - beta  (Read 1300 times)
ArDiGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: August 08, 2013, 06:32:11 AM »

Hi there! I am Arthur and I have been working on a large strategy game since 2008. Today I have released a beta version, so I was wondering if your are interested in checking it out!

Trailer
Download beta 1.4

The objective of the game is to take over the entire map by playing one of the factions. Use trade, diplomacy, knowledge or just brute force to become the most powerful faction of the known world!

Features:
  • Grand campaign with 75 provinces, 12 factions and 63 units
  • Trade with 9 resources
  • Diplomacy with lot’s of options
  • 9 upgradeable buildings
  • 4 civil classes: Farmers, Citizen, Merchants and Scholars
  • Playable battles and sieges
  • Hotseat multiplay
  • An additional Italian campaign
  • A modding tool

Beta
The game is currently in beta version. All features are there, but there still might be some small bugs and some things left to do on AI and balancing. That's why I need you guys! Are there any bugs left? Is the AI smart enough? Are all features/values/costs balanced? Is the interface clear and easy to use? Is the game fun to play? These are just some of the many questions that should be answered by the public in the next weeks. You can reply here, or join the forum to talk about the game in more detail.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 10:29:11 AM by ArDiGames » Logged

Check out Imperial Domination II! A large turn-based strategy game.
ArDiGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 10:06:12 AM »

If anyone is interested, I have released a new version of this game and I'm very much looking for feedback! The game can be downloaded here. Thanks!

Chris Koźmik
Level 5

Silver Lemur Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 02:57:33 PM »

Hmmm, you know, it's surprisingly good. If you would redo the gfx completely (let an artist do it for you), work on interface and other technicalities (resolution) and put it on Steam cheap (like $2-$3) you should be able to pull it off.
Or at least try some crowdfunding/Patreon.

Or maybe based on this made Imperial Domination III and then release it comercially?

Also, I would suggest to always include a demo (it plays *much* better than it looks at the first glance - fantastic mechanics BTW).

Stellar Monarch 2 (dev log, IN DEVELOPMENT)
Stellar Monarch (dev log, released)
ArDiGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 10:33:36 AM »

Thanks a lot for your reply! Once I thought about selling the game. Now, I would be glad if I would just finish the game and have some people enjoying it ;-). Too bad it's so hard to get some attention for the gameplay with these graphics ;-)

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic