Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 12:41:54 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsCommonplace BookHomecoming
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Homecoming  (Read 35629 times)
Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2008, 05:29:32 PM »

You should probably hit the Technical forum, for maximum exposure.

Thanks for the tip. I created this thread in the tech-forum:
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=3694.0
Though I haven't had the time to respond to the responses yet. (I want to do so properly, perhaps tomorrow.)

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
Synnah
Level 7

La la la la - oh, what fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2008, 08:55:20 AM »

What's happening with this? The two most visually impressive games of the contest both didn't make the deadline Sad!

"What's that thing at the end of the large intestine? Because that's exactly what you've done here." - Ray Smuckles, Achewood.

My music. Will compose for free!
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2008, 11:25:52 AM »

What's happening with this? The two most visually impressive games of the contest both didn't make the deadline Sad!

I cry.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2008, 11:45:58 AM »

We're so sorry.
We are committed to the project and are working hard to bring you something as soon as possible. Smiley

agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2008, 12:56:01 PM »

There's an impressive amount of entries that didn't make it. But I'm glad that you're still working on it!

Slash - Santiago Zapata
The White Knight
Level 4

Java/Javascript Game Dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2008, 02:10:19 PM »

That's just because there was an impressive number of entries... more than ever? perhaps due to the extended deadline?

pen
Level 8

babyman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2008, 07:38:40 AM »

We're sorry for the delay, please have some MSpaint Godzilla.
http://www.erikronnblom.com/forumimages/gojirra.bmp

I AM FREE!
i stole your car
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2008, 08:09:37 AM »

Hey this looks pretty awesome. Looking back though I think you might have some clashing issues with the pixelated look on the painted background but the word concept has been thrown around a lot so I'm not really clear on what look you are going for between pixelated/painted.

Looks great anyhow.
pen
Level 8

babyman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2008, 11:01:30 AM »

Hey this looks pretty awesome. Looking back though I think you might have some clashing issues with the pixelated look on the painted background but the word concept has been thrown around a lot so I'm not really clear on what look you are going for between pixelated/painted.

Looks great anyhow.
In the final version the main character will be painted, as will every other object.

It's just very time consuming and hard to do Wink

I AM FREE!
Rory
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2008, 12:30:20 AM »

Cry This was looking amazing. Ah well, keep going and FINISH IT!
Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2009, 11:05:03 PM »

We have now decided to officially abandon this project. Drawing everything by hand was too much for pen and I am tired of C++. Pen has decided that object-oriented level design is a better idea and I have discovered that Java is where I feel at home.

I had plans to do a small tech-demo up until a few days ago. But as the tech demo won't be fleshed out into a full game (with me leaving C++) I think we could put our energy to better use. Aka: we have lots of new and exciting projects we'd rather focus on Tongue

If anyone wants to play with the game or the code I'm happy to give it to you. But it's not much. The only thing you can do in the game is to jump around in front of pen's (gorgeous) artwork. But that artwork can be found in this thread, so it's mostly pointless.

Thanks again for all the kind comments and we hope to see you around for our future projects!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 04:16:58 AM by Dacke » Logged

Synnah
Level 7

La la la la - oh, what fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2009, 03:10:13 AM »

Aww man, this is a shame Sad.

Now you have to do something for the Cockpit compo!

"What's that thing at the end of the large intestine? Because that's exactly what you've done here." - Ray Smuckles, Achewood.

My music. Will compose for free!
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2009, 07:49:00 PM »

Well, yeah, it was a bit crazy to design the levels that way. Wish you guys luck on your next projects. Smiley

pen
Level 8

babyman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2009, 05:14:07 PM »

Hello everyone!

We didn't really finish it, because it'd take insane amounts of time to complete, but we added some (wonderful) background music by Martin Dunér and compiled a "final" version, to get some closure and show you guys how far we got.  Smiley

Remember, it's not really a game, just a draft of a sketch of a game Wink
Direct download link

I AM FREE!
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2009, 09:39:03 PM »

That is beautiful and crazy. Eek. Only now I see this, three months after it was posted!

Widget
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2009, 08:54:25 AM »

My most-anticipated game from the compo, can't believe I forgot to check back aswell  Sad
Can't wait to give it a look.

EDIT: As I expected from the screenshots I'd seen, it was gorgeous. Only thing that occurred to me was that if you inserted a hand-drawn player-character it could potentially be pimped out to publishers.
Worth mentioning that I'm not part of the industry and so have no clue how it all works, I'm just an end-user who loved what you created. Also significant is that I don't know whether developing what you did was only slow or whether it was an absolute pig to do aswell so, to be taken with a (HUEG) pinch of salt Tongue
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 08:48:25 AM by Widget » Logged
Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2010, 03:28:38 AM »

Thanks guys! Kiss

Widget, I didn't see your edit until now. But that's a wonderful compliment!

The game engine was really crap, even though it was a great learning experience for me. Building on it would unfortunately be a no-go.

Pen painting everything by hand was mostly slow, I think. I have great hopes that we can make something with that painted look, eventually! We just need to take more clever shortcuts, perhaps like in Aquaria. But I have no doubt that pen's art will find it's way into published stuff eventually Grin

I'm hoping to find time for a new, proper project during this spring. Hopefully we won't disappoint you again Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic