Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 04:06:09 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsIRKALLA
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 37
Print
Author Topic: IRKALLA  (Read 451315 times)
Zack Bell
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #380 on: June 26, 2014, 07:51:22 PM »

Seriously devLog of the decade after that 3D trailer. Amazing and hilarious.

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #381 on: June 26, 2014, 08:30:25 PM »

haha great. btw. will this be oculus supported?

Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 27, 2014, 09:17:15 AM »

Will we be able to play as Robocop?

How about Commodore64 Support? Who, Me?
s-spooky g-g-ghosts
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 27, 2014, 11:00:35 AM »

ok, I just discovered this. This is officially my favourite art in any game ever. The hugest inspiration.

Who, Me? I don't even care about the gameplay.

Fniss
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 03, 2014, 03:28:40 PM »

The pixel animations are just enchanting My Word! ! looking forward to more on gameplay!
karlozalb
Level 5

Do or do not.There is no try.

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 04, 2014, 01:05:21 AM »

Best 3D trailer ever
daemonstar
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 20, 2014, 02:47:19 AM »

IRKALLA FANART!!!!

took awhile but here it is! I really love the game and the art..so I've decided to do one fan art of Irkalla. Hope you guys like it =D

Cheers,
Damien
jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #387 on: July 20, 2014, 03:38:35 AM »

Gorgeous.

Reilly
Level 2

14/f/tx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #388 on: July 21, 2014, 06:44:45 AM »

Haha, what? Get outa here.

jiitype
« Reply #389 on: July 21, 2014, 07:24:19 AM »

wtf are you talking about
Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: July 21, 2014, 07:25:10 AM »

YES FOR DRAMA
ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #391 on: July 21, 2014, 07:27:02 AM »

Haha, what? Get outa here.
Haha, no.
This guy has a year old thread with only a 20 second cutscene to show-off, if he actually accepted the awesome help he was having from that 3D dude, he could bring this project forward a lot faster. And make it stand out from the infinite river of pixel-art games there is out there.
Instead, he needed to be an arrogant idiot and do that "video response" as in: "Im an indie dev, i do what i want."
Way to be a fucking retard and throw help, costumers, a fan and money out in the garbage.  Facepalm
pls, leave, dood

Howard Day
Level 1

Huge fan of spaceships and exposions.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #392 on: July 21, 2014, 07:29:01 AM »

Skydsgaard and I are cool. I was never looking to collaborate, I'm not insulted by his rad video, and I'm perfectly happy working on my own game. Let's let him just make his game, and then enjoy it when he does, okay?

Main Art guy on Wings of St Nazaire, here's our Devlog, and my Personal Website. SPACESHIP!
s-spooky g-g-ghosts
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 21, 2014, 07:29:44 AM »

@Farage
We have freedom of opinion and everything, but the moment you're calling someone a fucking retard just because you can't bear the thought someone can think otherwise is crossing the line. When it comes to art it's okay if someone prefers to do it alone and if anyone is arrogant here it's only you.

Seriously, imagine being an artist and painting a big canvas. Then this jerk comes along and says "Yo, youre a total idiot for not collaborating with this other good artist. His stuff is 20 times better than yours, you two would make a cooler painting.". Skydsgaard has every right to say no.

Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 21, 2014, 08:22:49 AM »

Well, I think OP was just saying that he's competent 3D-wise, leading to you understanding that he thought about it before and that skill is not the issue, maybe he just wanted to have fun

So yeah you are the retard for not realizing what everyone else did  Durr...?
Also, one does not simply offend internet and then leave
phi6
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #395 on: July 21, 2014, 08:39:09 AM »

Think of it from the other person's perspective.

Here he is making an awesome looking game with really beautiful pixel art, slowly getting recognition and praise from the community... when suddenly someone creates 3D fan art - which to be fair does look amazing. At this point, he's all cool about it, but then half the community chimes in and says "You should collaborate with this guy and make it THREE DEE!!!"

If I was him, I'd feel a bit insulted. The entire year's hard work on beautiful art for everyone to suddenly say that he should just drop it all and instead take on some guy's 3D interpretation - effectively reducing the original art to just concept work.

TinyKeep is now on Steam!
@phi6
gggfhfdh
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 21, 2014, 08:39:20 AM »

Well, I think OP was just saying that he's competent 3D-wise
And that's not being arrogant?
Why can't he be nice? Like: "Wow, hey Howard, that's an awesome model you made there... too bad i really like the style i have developed for the game, else i would totally jump into this artistic spinoff for my game. Thanks anyway!"
lol
phi6
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #397 on: July 21, 2014, 08:43:49 AM »

We're all game developers here, not public speakers or politicians. We occasionally say things without keeping our emotions in check. The fact remains that Irkalla should remain what the developer thinks is best for the project.

I'm not saying he did the right thing, but all in all its a bloody game and there's no need to dwell on this!

TinyKeep is now on Steam!
@phi6
Howard Day
Level 1

Huge fan of spaceships and exposions.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #398 on: July 21, 2014, 09:02:06 AM »

Skydsgaard has been nothing but gracious, appreciative, polite, and professional in our private conversations.
Skydsgaard is an awesome dev, and my only problem is that we don't see more awesome IRKALLA progress. And that's only because I'm an impatient, greedy, and self-centered consumer. Tongue

Please, let's let him run his show the way he wants to run it.

Main Art guy on Wings of St Nazaire, here's our Devlog, and my Personal Website. SPACESHIP!
Blambo
« Reply #399 on: July 21, 2014, 10:31:07 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 37
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic