Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58432 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 09:19:52 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsIRKALLA
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 37
Print
Author Topic: IRKALLA  (Read 452965 times)
io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #560 on: April 07, 2016, 12:55:27 PM »

Hey guys, I just got word on my Twitter http://www.twitter.com/endesga that IRKALLA is indeed alive, just in momentary stasis Smiley which is good.
Excellent! Smiley

Skydsgaard
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: April 11, 2016, 12:09:46 PM »

Hi dudes Smiley

It is a weird but comforting feeling to be back at this forum.

Well, let’s do this.

First of all, I want to apologize because I really feel that it has been unfair to keep you in the dark after all the support that you have shown me. All this time.

I don’t want to extend this too much, but I would like to explain myself and let you know a bit more about what happened to the project.
As some of you might already know, I was working on the project at the same time that I had a regular day job. I started this together with @dhontecillas, the original programmer of Irkalla.
However, at some point, because of our differences, plus all the effort and energy drain that it is to have 2 jobs (irkalla and the regular one) plus personal reasons, @dhontecillas rightfully decided to leave the project. And that, for a 2 members’ team, was a huge wound, 50%hp gone.
No big drama, we are still friends and he is still helping me in anyway possible Smiley

But at that moment I got really frustrated and depressed about the game.
I just decided to take a step back from it and gather energy again. Also, I didn’t want to face you with the message that the project might be dead. And that is why I have been trying to keep it alive, doing art, writing about the story and the mechanics… in silence.
The time passed and the idea that Irkalla was never going to happen if I didn’t leave my regular job became more clear to me.
So, after many doubts and fears, I decided to make the jump into the unknown, I left my job to try to make this real. And I did this without having a programmer on my side nor any ideas about programming xD.

Now, another thing that frightened me was to come back to you empty-handed after all this time. So, here, the second thing, that is HUGE, the awesome and big news:  
Recently, I have been contacted by @ENDESGA, actual developer of NYKRA. And he has offered himself to join me as programmer for Irkalla!!! Smiley which is sooo great!
He has already shown us all what an amazing developer he is, so I am super excited to have him on the team and I am confident about our collaboration, we will make it possible to finish the project at last.

So yeah, Irkalla is still alive Smiley and in a short period of time, after we have settled down, you can expect regular updates again with the progress we will make.

And in 3rd place but not less important, I want to deeply thank all of you, thank you again, thank you very much for hanging in there, for following even though there has not been any signals of life nor updates whatsoever. I cannot be more grateful.
Thanks to all the people who wrote me asking about the game.
Thanks to the crazy amount of super talented musicians and composers who have been offering their services.

Thanks everyone.

Skydsgaard
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 02:18:03 AM by Skydsgaard » Logged

diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #562 on: April 11, 2016, 12:35:11 PM »

Great news! glad you're back  Coffee

Cristiano Vitorino
« Reply #563 on: April 11, 2016, 01:06:42 PM »

Glad to hear this!
feiss
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #564 on: April 11, 2016, 01:20:09 PM »

Amazing news!! so happy  Beer!

I think many, many of us reading your words can relate to and understand your situation, so take it easy! Smiley 

I hope your savings are strong enough for the project, and now: WORK IN IRKALLA LIKE BITCHES!   Hand Metal Left Hand Metal Left

io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #565 on: April 11, 2016, 01:30:56 PM »

Hand Thumbs Up Left Smiley

stringkiller
Level 1

Fat Pixel

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: April 11, 2016, 01:49:19 PM »

Glad to see Irkalla is back! I really loved the concept back in the day and the art and animations were great. Good luck guys!

< check out the devlog! or Twitter!
Zandra
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: April 11, 2016, 02:30:53 PM »

Awesome, glad you found someone so fast! Hope things work out,  I'll keep a close eye on the project!

Hope to see great things soon!

Just a guy who likes making games and wishes he could art better. Learning, though! Practice makes perfect!
absolute8
Level 5

WTF, some aggressive nerd... (•̀ω•́)و ̑̑

View Profile WWW
« Reply #568 on: April 11, 2016, 05:19:43 PM »

Kewl. Welcome back, dude! Smiley

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: April 11, 2016, 09:30:01 PM »

Recently, I have been contacted by @ENDESGA, actual developer of NYKRA. And he has offered himself to join me as programmer for Irkalla!!! Smiley which is sooo great!
Does that mean... crossover potential? Addicted
robgacu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #570 on: April 11, 2016, 10:53:58 PM »

Found this devlog a few weeks ago when people even mentioned locking the thread in the last comments, glad to see is back Beer!, I really like the gritty pixel art.

Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #571 on: April 11, 2016, 11:43:38 PM »

Good news! It's quite funny as I was confounding all the time NYKRA and IRKALLA topics, not remembering which one was what...

MekaSkull
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: April 12, 2016, 12:00:18 AM »

Great news! Dark scifi worlds are awesomely depressing  Ninja

Twitter @MekaSkull
Cyber Shadow Devlog
indieDB
shellbot
« Reply #573 on: April 12, 2016, 12:00:40 AM »

Phenomenal news!

Good luck on going full indie, I hope the best for you and your work Beer!
ENDESGA
Level 2

Located on the first galaxy in the Heptaverse.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #574 on: April 12, 2016, 12:40:23 AM »

Does that mean... crossover potential? Addicted

Potential? Of course! But will it happen? Who knows!

TWITTER    |    NYKRA DEVLOG
elisof
Level 0

you can call me eli though hi hello

View Profile WWW
« Reply #575 on: April 12, 2016, 01:31:39 AM »

Just read through the entire devblog (yep, all of it, a wild ride it was Shocked ). The art style and the feel that you've been going for this game is awesome (those animations in particular look fantastic), and very exciting to hear that a new programmer is on board! Rad news indeed. I can imagine how daunting it may be to leave your job to work solely on Irkalla, I wish you all the best with that! And looking forward to hearing more updates about the game in the near future ^^

I compose and design sound~
SoundCloud // Bandcamp // Twitter // Avatar by the rad Sarah Graley~
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #576 on: April 12, 2016, 07:19:47 AM »

FINALLY!  Toast Left Addicted Toast Right

io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #577 on: April 12, 2016, 12:01:56 PM »

Great news! Dark scifi worlds are awesomely depressing  Ninja

Looking at your avatar, you seem to like that kind of thing. Smiley

What is Valis
Level 0

Audio Designer | Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #578 on: April 12, 2016, 02:45:56 PM »

Great to see this back from the brink - good luck for the future!

DireLogomachist
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #579 on: April 12, 2016, 06:40:58 PM »

So...

Incoming screenshots?   Well, hello there!

Haha but really take your time.

Living and dying by Hanlon's Razor
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 37
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic