Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 06:40:04 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsIRKALLA
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 37
Print
Author Topic: IRKALLA  (Read 451534 times)
io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #600 on: May 16, 2016, 09:46:24 AM »

That sounds unfortunate.  Hopefully, you'll find someone that can realize your vision.   Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right

MekaSkull
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #601 on: May 20, 2016, 12:19:57 AM »

Gosh darn. Wish I could send you a big bucket of motivation to get through the slump.
Is the description in the first post still valid? I'd like to hear what the full scope of the game is (I'm sure it could be deciphered by going through the whole thread of course Crazy)
Everything I've seen so far looks really strong, so keep crackin' at it and I'm sure it will bear fruit.

Twitter @MekaSkull
Cyber Shadow Devlog
indieDB
Skydsgaard
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #602 on: May 20, 2016, 09:27:24 AM »

Hi dudes Smiley

You are my motivation <3

I am trying to stay focussed on the production and take my time with the next steps.
I have been testing fire effects lately but I am not 100% happy with the result because this looks too much like a procedural/particle system thing.

I will make some few more tests in order to see if I can polish the technique, but I still prefer handcrafted fire effects.

This remained as WIP too, I shared it on Twitter the other day, but in case you missed it:

Teleport to travel faster through the level/levels? Don’t know yet xD.

Also, I have polished the little shoulder armor for the MC that was bothering me a lot. here you can see a comparison old vs new.

It got a bit tricky when the shoulder is rotating but I think that is more consistent now with the original design.

And finally, dead animations! You are going to see those a lot if you play this game Smiley

Hope you like it, nothing more for now, back to work <3
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 09:38:04 AM by Skydsgaard » Logged

TheWing
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #603 on: May 20, 2016, 11:08:09 AM »

Damn, I wish I had the capabilities to program this, the graphics are outright awesome.. but my knowledge and experience with larger engines is -very- limited. I'd be surely able to help (I've got some inspiration and ideas), but starting from scratch is something way too big for me.

I will keep an eye on this though, it's got so much potential!

- - - -
SafetySnail
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #604 on: May 20, 2016, 12:50:41 PM »

The weight and depth to your animations is seriously amazing man, just wanted to show some support!
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #605 on: May 21, 2016, 01:30:23 PM »

Good god yes. Always yes, never not yes and always yes. Keep at it man, this much good cannot be bad, or something, and stuff.

TheArtistJiii
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #606 on: May 21, 2016, 08:18:48 PM »

You could try the gamedev classifieds on Reddit? Hell try pitching to one of these indie publishers and maybe they could get you in contact with a reasonable coder. Just some ideas

"I'm Jiii" -Jiii
Aedous
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #607 on: May 22, 2016, 01:52:08 AM »

Your game looks so cool!  Cheesy

Sorry to hear about the programmer dilemma your in, the only thing I could really suggest is switching to Unity as all the stuff you require is quite *cough* simple to achieve, and there's a lot of support on the forums as well, especially the asset store which gives you access to some amazing tools. That is if you're not using Unity already.

Keep it up dude, it will pay off, your game is just too good to miss Grin

Skydsgaard
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #608 on: May 23, 2016, 12:05:32 AM »

Thank you all for the support and the kind comments guys, it really means a lot to me <3 . And yeah, there are a looot of options, it is just a matter of time to explore all of them. I am doing my best! Smiley

To be honest, I was really trying super hard not to go into a recruit process, because it is time consuming but mostly because I feel like shit having to say to people “sorry but, no”. However, I am realizing lately that it is the only way to go now. So here, the proper announcement with the requirements of what is needed:

Programmer with experience in/knowledge of:

·Complex AI (advanced group tactics/complex traversal and pathfinding) preferably in 2d side-scrolling platform game
   ·Shaders
   ·Networking for online playing peer to peer (with one player being the server and sharing his network information through other channels: no need of dedicated server)
(this is not a 100% must have but I will use it to scare the newbies xd)

I would appreciate to have at least 1 game published (or gifs/videos/something that I can actually see, not just words).

So, if you are up for this, please send me an email at [email protected] with a link to your portfolio, previous game development experiences, location, age, what engine you use (Unity/Game Maker/whatever), availability (both when you can start and how much time you would be able to dedicate to the project) and what kind of deal are you looking for (contract h/$ based work or royalties agreement).

And don’t hesitate to send me all your doubts and complains or whatever information you think is important for me to know. Smiley

I hope you understand my situation and how I came to this point. I need to be extra careful with the next steps to make the right decision this time, so thank you in advance for your patience!

All the best
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 12:54:37 AM by Skydsgaard » Logged

JWki
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #609 on: May 23, 2016, 12:27:05 AM »

I'd be interested to hear what kind of complex AI you have in mind - like advanced group tactics? Or rather complex traversal and pathfinding? Or maybe both?
Asking because I'm thinking about sending you a mail and that's the only point in your requirements list that is kind of fuzzy so I thought I'd just ask.
Skydsgaard
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #610 on: May 23, 2016, 12:51:49 AM »

I'd be interested to hear what kind of complex AI you have in mind - like advanced group tactics? Or rather complex traversal and pathfinding? Or maybe both?
Asking because I'm thinking about sending you a mail and that's the only point in your requirements list that is kind of fuzzy so I thought I'd just ask.

Thanks for pointing this out, yes, the AI needs both. I will edit the post <3
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 01:03:18 AM by Skydsgaard » Logged

FatalSleep
Level 0

Game Developer using GM!

View Profile
« Reply #611 on: May 23, 2016, 02:49:46 AM »

Sent in an application myself. Regardless, I hope you find someone who fits the bill!
atmadaenygma
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #612 on: May 23, 2016, 03:23:38 AM »

Aedous for Eitr is right. You have to much talent to let a project go to waste because of requiring or relying on others. There are so many youtubers and tutorials on Unity and if push comes to shove you can get assets from the store. I have a pretty big game endeavor too but little by I am chipping away at it solo by doing the tutorials for 2d. Unity is constantly making 2d games easier. You can start with these:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyBsvsU7uiurMiBZIYXvnyg
I have been using his tutorials for the rpg series very easy to follow and understand. and if you get a patron You can ask for personal assistance.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwYuQIa9lgjvDiZryUVtFGw
also great tutorials for 2d work.

My research for indie developers is that you should do as much stuff as you can alone. others, while well intentioned cannot be expected to have the same passion for your passion project.
Fenrir
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #613 on: May 23, 2016, 04:28:37 AM »

Aedous for Eitr is right. You have to much talent to let a project go to waste because of requiring or relying on others. There are so many youtubers and tutorials on Unity and if push comes to shove you can get assets from the store. I have a pretty big game endeavor too but little by I am chipping away at it solo by doing the tutorials for 2d. Unity is constantly making 2d games easier. You can start with these:

I have been using his tutorials for the rpg series very easy to follow and understand. and if you get a patron You can ask for personal assistance.

My research for indie developers is that you should do as much stuff as you can alone. others, while well intentioned cannot be expected to have the same passion for your passion project.

Well I don't really agree with you, a well balanced team composed of a dev and an artist can be really efficient, it's clearly not for everybody to try to tackle everything, it's a huge amount of work. And finding someone as motivated as you is possible,  I left my job to work on someone else dream project and (so far, hehe) I don't regret anything and I'm totally dedicated to it.

Skydsgaard
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #614 on: May 23, 2016, 11:37:34 AM »

Well I don't really agree with you, a well balanced team composed of a dev and an artist can be really efficient, it's clearly not for everybody to try to tackle everything, it's a huge amount of work. And finding someone as motivated as you is possible,  I left my job to work on someone else dream project and (so far, hehe) I don't regret anything and I'm totally dedicated to it.

Thanks for the kind words @atmadaenygma <3<3<3

About your two different points of view, I think you both are right, but I am mostly on @Fenrir’s side to be honest.

It’s true that as an indie developer, you need to know and to have as many interests as possible. But as a humble general 2d/3d artist, I know by experience that you can not be really good without specializing. And there are so many things just on the artist side to achieve like modeling, uv mapping, texturing, rigging, illumination, 2dillustration, pixel art, animation, FX/Particles...There are plenty of programmers doing art, and plenty of artists doing code, but they are not very good at either one; there are like 10 persons on the planet who are able to do both at a high quality level xD

And I am not taking into account music, game design, story writing and so on.

So for me, the collaboration is the only way. I need to keep focussed just on the art and improve my pixels in order to achieve some minimum quality. To start learning how to code now, is not an option, I need some handsome programmer crazy enough to trust my dream xD

I appreciate your interest and the tutorials links thought, I will keep them Smiley

And @Fenrir, trust me, you made the right decision, Wanderer is looking insane, so jealous of you guys.

sidbarnhoorn
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #615 on: May 23, 2016, 11:41:34 AM »

Aww, this game looks so amazing, with so much potential. I hope, at some point, you'll be able to finish it!

Siddhartha Barnhoorn
--------------------
Award winning composer

Composed music for the games Antichamber, Out There, The Stanley Parable, Planet Alpha...

http://www.sidbarnhoorn.com
Bandcamp:
https://siddharthabarnhoorn.bandcamp.com
Twitter:
https://twitter.com/SidBarnhoorn
JWki
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #616 on: May 23, 2016, 11:57:36 AM »

@Skyd, I *think* I sent you a pm but I'm not sure so if you'd check that'd be nice. :D
atmadaenygma
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #617 on: May 23, 2016, 07:38:51 PM »

I don't want to be right. Nor do I think I am right. But indies are very hard to get up and running to 0% - 100%. for a number of reasons.

What I am saying is you should have a strong foundation and be ready to go alone or continue alone if members come and go.

I love your project and haven't seen such a high quality in pixel art. and do not want to see it come to an end or have another long pause because you get disheartened. It is an inevitable part of indie development sadly.

Whenever I feel disheartened I watch some videos from WizardFu to remember what focus is. He solo brought Songbringer into the world and it is amazing to watch his work and progress.

Whatever you do. keep going. Yours is one project I would love to see completed. Your vision, ability and product are awesome.
CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #618 on: May 25, 2016, 04:32:26 PM »

I sent you an email. I'd love to help get the project back up on it's feet!!
Jerry Pie
Level 0

Pixel Artist

View Profile
« Reply #619 on: May 26, 2016, 10:58:30 PM »

I sent you an email. I'd love to help get the project back up on it's feet!!

I can vouch for Indecom. I've worked on multiple projects with him, start to finish. He is a very fast programmer. He also dabbles in pixel art. I highly recommend him. He'll likely get your project done faster than the last programmer could. Good luck game looks sick. And if you ever need another animator, i'd love to help. Currently I'm animating for Duelyst.. Got some animations on Twitter. WWW.Twitter.com/veryjerrypie

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 37
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic