Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411425 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 08:34:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsIRKALLA
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 37
Print
Author Topic: IRKALLA  (Read 451473 times)
chriswearly
Level 3

prince slugcat

View Profile
« Reply #620 on: May 27, 2016, 12:14:30 AM »

I sent you an email. I'd love to help get the project back up on it's feet!!

I can vouch for Indecom. I've worked on multiple projects with him, start to finish. He is a very fast programmer. He also dabbles in pixel art. I highly recommend him. He'll likely get your project done faster than the last programmer could. Good luck game looks sick. And if you ever need another animator, i'd love to help. Currently I'm animating for Duelyst.. Got some animations on Twitter. WWW.Twitter.com/veryjerrypie
oh you're jerry! didn't know you were on tig Smiley

Uprising Studios
« Reply #621 on: May 27, 2016, 01:56:19 AM »

Well guys.. I am still a bit surprised, because I was notified just a few hours ago, but yeah, shit happens and I am back to square one. New record for me in development team duration. Sometimes you make the mistake of letting illusion and passion drive you in wrong directions and make bad decisions. But yeah, I am not trying to make Minecraft meet Skyrim pixel art version, but I am not making Tetris or Super Mario Bros either. So the game can feel a bit complex for some persons.

I am trying to continue being positive and to think that it is better that this happened now and not in 5 months, with a lot of more time and effort wasted. And I have also learned from this situation a lot ...

Right now, I feel a bit disappointed and demotivated. But I have been working on it for a while, so I have decided to keep trying my best to make this thing real.

One more time dudes; thank you all from the bottom of my heart for still being interested in Irkalla.

Didn't read this until now. Sad
First, the project looks amazing.
Second, we are not strangers to team issues and demotivation (as probably lots of the people here)(we've had lots of problems and delays and it's been a real struggle keeping the project alive), so just want to say: keep it up, you're doing great so far and we're sure you're going to achive what you want.

Sure some people here can fit in your needs, but if that's not the case there are webs in which you can look for collaborations too (http://www.stratos-ad.com/colaboracion for example). That's in spanish, but if you need help with posting you can ask!

ENDESGA
Level 2

Located on the first galaxy in the Heptaverse.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #622 on: May 27, 2016, 02:10:52 AM »

He'll likely get your project done faster than the last programmer could.

Thanks man.

TWITTER    |    NYKRA DEVLOG
Lim-Dul
Level 1

The Necromancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #623 on: May 27, 2016, 02:12:10 AM »

Thanks man.
Don't be offended. I think he meant the first programmer the game started out with. Smiley

War does not determine who is right - only who is left. - Bertrand Russell
JWki
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #624 on: May 27, 2016, 02:25:23 AM »

Thanks man.
Don't be offended. I think he meant the first programmer the game started out with. Smiley

Yeah that's way less rude then.
chriswearly
Level 3

prince slugcat

View Profile
« Reply #625 on: May 27, 2016, 02:46:53 AM »

Thanks man.

Yeah that's way less rude then.
Lol, I'm surprised you could read it any other way Tongue

ENDESGA
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #626 on: May 27, 2016, 02:50:53 AM »

I'm not gonna start anything on Skyd's DevLog, but he said "last programmer", which was literally me. And either way, that's not a nice thing to say to anyone. Because both me and Skyd's previous programmer tried our hardest, but some things just don't work out.
Anyway, moving on Smiley

Skydsgaard
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #627 on: May 27, 2016, 04:52:06 AM »

I don’t know what is wrong with this thread xD, one time every 6 months there is some drama going on  Shrug

But here we go. I cannot take a recommendation seriously when you speak in those terms dude. I imagine that you didn´t mean it that way, but you are not helping @Indecom at all, besides making other people feel bad about themselves Smiley
No matter what programmer you referred to, both are my friends and what they did, was just to realise that maybe they weren’t the best person for the project. And I think that is a lot wiser than starting to talk before knowing the details about the job.

Now, dudes,little update:

The support that I am having these days is overwhelming! there is no words to say how much I appreciate all your help! I am meeting a lot of super awesome developers!! ( the recruit process really sucks, I haven't opened Photoshop in days, just writing emails, but yeah, I prefer to look at the positive side <3 )  
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 04:57:39 AM by Skydsgaard » Logged

ENDESGA
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #628 on: May 27, 2016, 04:53:46 AM »

This is fantastic to hear man <3

Aedous
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #629 on: May 27, 2016, 05:52:29 AM »

Glad to hear you're getting some requests for some help! I just wanted to point out I wasn't specifically saying that you must go in alone, I for one just happen to be lucky enough to have a dedicated artist to work with, it helps me specialize on the programming and I can feel/see myself getting better, I do miss drawing though  Concerned..

I also believe that it's best to have someone who is passionate about your project rather than someone just on a pay roll, because at least you know that if the money wasn't there, they would still put as much love into the project as you would Smiley.

*cough* Ride or Die *cough* Only if the world was Utopian sigh..

Can't wait to see what you get up to  Grin

CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #630 on: May 27, 2016, 06:50:29 AM »

Apologies oh behalf of my friend. We've worked together on a lot, he gets a little excited sometimes lol. Hopefully that won't reflect negatively upon myself, and my portfolio will speak for itself. Tongue
Jerry Pie
Level 0

Pixel Artist

View Profile
« Reply #631 on: May 27, 2016, 07:03:56 AM »

Not sure how my post offended anyone. That wasn't the goal. Indecom is very fast at what he does. I follow this devlog and when I saw him post I felt like throwing him an "upvote".

Recommendations sometimes help while making these tough decisions.

Hope things work out.

JWki
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #632 on: May 27, 2016, 07:10:23 AM »

The comment that he might finish the project much faster than whatever "last" programmer you referred to was a bit unlucky, that's all. I don't think anyone really assumed you were trying to offend anybody.
Anyways I'm really happy to see the amount of support Skyd is getting here -  this is what a game development community is about!
dhontecillas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #633 on: May 27, 2016, 07:17:45 AM »

I do not feel offended in any way Smiley  (I'm actually a slow programmer Durr...? )  
so, no drama! lets focus the thread on the game !!

I know Skydsgaard is a really talented artist, and I want him to succeed with Irkalla ! (he does not only have beautiful pixels, he also have a clear idea of how to do make great game)

I really mean it, and he knows it.

Go! go! go ..

migrafael
Level 3

Making games, two at a time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #634 on: May 27, 2016, 07:18:30 AM »

Just to let you know I drop by the thread every now and again for inspiration! Keep it up!!! (already robbed some gifs to my amazing_anims collection)

On STEAM »
michael_88
Level 0

hello

View Profile
« Reply #635 on: May 27, 2016, 10:11:49 AM »

The potential for this game is through the roof and it would be a crime against humanity to not finish it.

...Okay maybe not that bad, but damn does it look good. Sending good dev vibes your way  Hand Any Key

X P E T S    |    F I L T H Y  B E A R    |    P E S T
absolute8
Level 5

WTF, some aggressive nerd... (•̀ω•́)و ̑̑

View Profile WWW
« Reply #636 on: May 27, 2016, 01:50:38 PM »

Is there an old prototype build for this game? I mean, we all love the art and description of this game, but how exactly is it meant to play?

We all probably have our own ideas how it will be, but why not throw together some rough gameplay in in GM or Construct 2? Even if it's hard-tyed crap logic, it would still be great to see a demonstration of gameplay, ya know?

Right?

Mayyyyyybeee?

Perha...ok I'll stop  Screamy

pturecki
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #637 on: May 31, 2016, 02:32:56 PM »

Game looks great. Hope it will be luckily finished Smiley

CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #638 on: June 02, 2016, 10:33:29 AM »

Is there an old prototype build for this game? I mean, we all love the art and description of this game, but how exactly is it meant to play?

We all probably have our own ideas how it will be, but why not throw together some rough gameplay in in GM or Construct 2?

Here are a couple of old videos that probably exist somewhere in this thread, but figured I'd share then here for new folks, if that's cool with OP.

hearto
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #639 on: June 08, 2016, 10:04:15 PM »

Hey, is this project alive?
I loved the visuals when I saw it for the first time on maybe 2014?
But it's 2016 and all I see is some user drama and no demo or new info.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 37
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic