Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 12:51:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsIRKALLA
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37
Print
Author Topic: IRKALLA  (Read 445063 times)
Thirteen
Level 0

@i_am_thirteen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #700 on: January 06, 2017, 06:07:16 PM »

I love the statues, the interface, animations, everything! The humans are hot too ♥
juju is a beautiful and independent pug

Sustrato
Level 1

It's a good day to die.

View Profile
« Reply #701 on: January 08, 2017, 09:46:40 AM »

Good stuff! Always hyped for this game!

I'm sure you've considered it, but the tier 1 unit looks very similar to your MC. It could cause some confusion in gameplay or in the story - if your basic allies are in mechs as advanced as yours, why are you the leader/savior figure? The distinction of having the basic units hold their guns while the MC's is integrated helps, although it seems like it'd be the other way around.

The buildings look really cool. Interested to see how you and your allies will work together.

Do you plan on having any mechanical or hybrid enemies, or just demons? I'm thinking back to that beast we saw about twice as large as the MC...

dhontecillas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #702 on: January 26, 2017, 08:57:01 AM »

@Skydsgaard your job is amazing .. as always!

@Juju , you are doing a great job too! I'm glad of the progress the game is making. You are right, I'm staring from the shadows  Well, hello there! .

I usually prefer to not mess in the thread of the game I was involved a long time ago, specially because I respect the job you are doing. But have no doubt I want to see Irkalla finished and with great success (specially knowing some of the game mechanics Smiley ).

I do not have a f.. idea of how GameMaker works, and I can barely remember how I did some of the stuff :/ . However, after reading your post, I've been having a look at the shaders you talked about. I remember having lots of problems having the blur working at a decent framerate in my intel GPU (a HD 4000 in my 2012 laptop), having to limit the number of texture samples to 5 per screen pixel.

Probably, If you had a look at the blur shader, one big problem was having a function called selectBlurRadius that should have been called selectGaussSigma.

So the shader was not reducing the radius, but stretching the "gauss bell".

So, even for the pixels at the center, the shader is sampling 5 pixels. Only that the weights are all 0 except for the center, so it is like having no blur. So, the (should be called) selectGaussSigma is where is controlled where the blur begins. Makes any sense ?

Probably I arrive with this explanation too late, because you already got your solution. Shrug But just to l

As I said.. I'm happy seeing Irkalla updates.

Keep up with the good work guys!
Juju
Level 0

Grumpy Pug

View Profile WWW
« Reply #703 on: January 26, 2017, 11:58:09 AM »

Once I realised there were problems and they weren't procedural/syntactic problems, I unpacked the dusty old maths textbook and read up on Gauss again and, yeah, figured out that the function names weren't technically accurate. Though to be honest, having something to work from with is 100x better than having absolutely zero prior code to look at!

Thank you for indirectly helping out x
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 12:06:14 PM by Juju » Logged

motionTwin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #704 on: February 22, 2017, 03:32:29 AM »

Just stopping by to say, AWESOME!

binaryboi01
Level 0

Toy-like people make me boy-like

View Profile
« Reply #705 on: February 22, 2017, 03:42:21 AM »

This looks amazing! Colors are just perfect. Sick animations and art too. Keep it up!  Shocked

sidbarnhoorn
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #706 on: February 22, 2017, 04:05:12 AM »

The new footage looks awesome! Keep going! :D

Siddhartha Barnhoorn
--------------------
Award winning composer

Composed music for the games Antichamber, Out There, The Stanley Parable, Planet Alpha...

http://www.sidbarnhoorn.com
Bandcamp:
https://siddharthabarnhoorn.bandcamp.com
Twitter:
https://twitter.com/SidBarnhoorn
Skydsgaard
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #707 on: February 25, 2017, 05:44:48 AM »

@Thirteen Glad you like it <3<3<3

@Kris with a K, thanks! I have to disagree with you this time dude. It’s true that to design units of the same faction, it is a tricky task because you don't want to lose consistency between them, meaning they shouldn’t look like a totally different faction, but you also need to make them distinguishable. So it is a delicate balance. In a fast paced game like this, at the end, the important thing (and the most you see) are silhouettes and I think there are enough differences between the two and they are both recognizable ^_^U

In terms of the story context consistence, and why she, as mc, holds the saviour figure, you will understand it once you play the game xD. I have to keep the mystery, right? Smiley

I am not sure what beast you are talking about, but if it is the red one with the huge mace, that is a 100% demon. Hybrid enemies is always a super cool idea but we will see Wink

Thanks a lot for your time and comments!

@dhontecillas Thanks a lot mate, and thank you for being so nice and helpful <3 Smiley

@motionTwin Thanks! Dead Cells is looking incredible by the way!

@binaryboi01 Glad you like the colors xD

@sidbarnhoorn Thanks for the support!

A long time has passed without updates, sorry for that. We have been super focussed on the development. We have now implemented mech production, and they also engage and fight demons. We will make a video to show you guys, we only need to polish a couple of things first:)

We have also added many little details, such as that the demons’ souls fall to the ground when killed, which is followed by a very nice procedural trail effect when you pick it up that @Juju has added.

Now, there are also fully functional enemy portals that react differently depending on from which side they receive damage Smiley (We will probably separate the shadow of it from the main sprite, it looks a bit weird to have the white flashing there..)

Human/demon engagement has been also implemented:

Improved bunker-wall visuals.

So yeah, a lot of progress Smiley
These days, we are in the middle of developing very time-consuming features, @Juju is working on the cinematics system for the editor in order to make a sequence of different animations (that will be awesome for the “storytelling” of the game). And I am currently working on backgrounds.

In addition we have created a channel on Discord just in case you want to pass by and say hi Smiley

And I think that is all for now. To finish, I would like to say that the recruitment process for the composer/sound designer spot will start soon. I will make a proper announcement when the time comes, but yeah, just to give a heads-up to the ones following the thread Smiley and also to use this opportunity to say that I am sorry, I really hate recruitment processes, for lots of reasons, but I also don't have a better idea to achieve what it is the best for the project...so yeah in advance, sorry and thank you very very much for your patience.

More to come...stay tuned! Smiley
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 11:29:36 AM by Skydsgaard » Logged

egor.botov
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #708 on: February 25, 2017, 06:05:52 AM »

Great work! I like a lot everything you showed, mech production and demon fight video would be cool! Patiently waiting for it Blink

Skydsgaard
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #709 on: February 26, 2017, 11:32:21 AM »

@egor.botov Thank youuuuu  Kiss

foofter
Level 4

MAKE THAT GARDEN GROW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #710 on: February 26, 2017, 12:15:26 PM »

I'm super into the one-pixel pointy feet!  Cheesy Kiss

@_monstergarden (game) and @williamzwood (me)
See Monster Garden progress here: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=56012.0
Sustrato
Level 1

It's a good day to die.

View Profile
« Reply #711 on: March 10, 2017, 02:34:34 PM »

That's an update!

First off for my advice - obviously I'm not trying to take your project over so feel free to ignore me. The silhouettes are def. very distinct. Looking forward to learning about our pilot's story!

I don't remember if you've shown the portals before but the demons pulling themselves through is very entertaining. Also, I love the walls, gives me flashbacks to Tiberian Sun, one of my favorite games.

jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #712 on: March 10, 2017, 05:12:33 PM »

Your pixel placing never ceases to amaze. How you manage to create such life with so little.

ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #713 on: March 25, 2017, 02:59:19 AM »

the amount of work that goes into this game is stunning!

1instrument
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #714 on: May 09, 2017, 10:52:51 PM »

Irkalla's game art has haunted my mind for a couple years now, so here is a song inspired by it. I hope you dig, and if you are still looking for a composer pls keep me in mind. This song wasn't made for gameplay, just a beat inspired by the art really...

https://soundcloud.com/saintrockstbb/the-sleeper-stbb-531

Cheers, Rock

Peace all day
Skydsgaard
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #715 on: October 06, 2017, 12:43:51 PM »

Hi dudes, long time ah?….Soooooooooooo, yeah, let’s try to re-activate the project.

I’m currently looking for programmers [Unity or GameMaker] with 100% availability willing to get involved with the project on a partner relationship level (not looking for freelancers).

If interested you know where to contact me Smiley

All the best.

Romain Rope
Level 0

Game Audio SwissArmy Knife

View Profile WWW
« Reply #716 on: October 06, 2017, 10:21:38 PM »

<3

ROMAIN ROPE

Sound Designer / Composer
ROMAINROPE.COM
@RomainRope

Zombie Night Terror @ZN_Terror
Wanderer @Wanderer_Game
KeinZantezuken
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #717 on: November 01, 2017, 05:33:48 PM »

Yeah, its been a while indeed. I hope this project wont die.
ionside
Level 1

what was I doing, again?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #718 on: November 01, 2017, 07:46:44 PM »

Looks beautiful. Would love to see this developed further.

Sacha Holsnyder (Appeau Studio)
Level 0

Audio one man band at Appeau Studio

View Profile WWW
« Reply #719 on: November 02, 2017, 01:22:41 AM »

OMG your art is awesome! This needs to happen! :D

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic