Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411885 Posts in 69426 Topics- by 58475 Members - Latest Member: szálamireaktor

June 06, 2024, 05:13:09 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallSpace Impossible Prototype - Sandbox 2D Space Ship Totally Destructible Universe
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Space Impossible Prototype - Sandbox 2D Space Ship Totally Destructible Universe  (Read 1267 times)
RexSpaceman
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 13, 2013, 12:33:53 PM »

Hi guys,

My friend and I have recently released the prototype for our new game Space Impossible. It's still very much in development, which is why I'm posting it here and not released games.

To use as few words as possible, it's terraria-in-space-with-spaceships. There's tens of thousands of template objects in the star system, each comprised of tiles which can be destroyed. So it's possible to cut the engines off a ship, carve a smiley face into a moon, etc.

I'm interested in both technical feedback, we've only tested it on about 10 computers so far, as well as thoughts on gameplay and design. It's obviously not going to strike everyone's fancy, but I think it's pretty damn fun. It's the prototype, so it's missing much of the game design we have planned, but I think it's enough of a peek for crits.

Min specs: We think SM 2.0. Requires Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8. Made in Unity as a standalone. No webplayer, Mac OSX or Linux support yet.

If you do try it out, and you have a more rare/exotic system set up, I'd be interested in hearing your specs. We don't know how low it'll go, but the oldest/slowest PC has been a five year old Intel dualcore running Win XP with an Nvidia Geforce 8 or 9.

If the game crashes when creating a universe, please either disable UAC or set the game to run as Admin (this has fixed the only reported crash so far) as it creates files in the local directory as well as in %appdata%.

Download: http://downloads.spaceimpossible.com, link is right at the top (no direct file linking to prevent hotlinking/bandwidth wastage).

Some images:

Carving up a planet.

Tractor Beam Train

AI pathfinding test (links to gif)

Video:

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic