Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 01:35:19 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFez
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 126
Print
Author Topic: Fez  (Read 572409 times)
Irock
Level 5

why's my avatar so big

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2360 on: May 21, 2012, 07:14:30 PM »

And I regret looking at a walkthrough to find out about the "Meta" portion of "Metatron" in the security question room.
You likely never would have found that out otherwise. That's one of those things that very few people are ever intended to figure out but feels freaking awesome to those who do.

Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2361 on: May 21, 2012, 07:19:10 PM »

I wanted to figure out the alphabet on my own but couldn't for the life of me find a give in the game besides the Scribe's Cube.

Is there actually a solution in-game or was it supposed to be 'meta look on the internet to see if someone else got it' thing

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
Irock
Level 5

why's my avatar so big

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2362 on: May 21, 2012, 07:36:24 PM »

I wanted to figure out the alphabet on my own but couldn't for the life of me find a give in the game besides the Scribe's Cube.

Is there actually a solution in-game or was it supposed to be 'meta look on the internet to see if someone else got it' thing
I think the quick brown fox jumping over the lazy dog next to the rosetta stone is your only hint.

Pixelulsar
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2363 on: May 24, 2012, 12:35:54 PM »

One cube bit left, and I can't find it, and there is no indication on the map.
Gomez(I love that there is a Gomez emoticon and this thread gives me an excuse to use it)

Zaknafein
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2364 on: May 24, 2012, 12:45:54 PM »

Got all the anti-cubes too?

Pixelulsar
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2365 on: May 24, 2012, 12:52:06 PM »

Got all the anti-cubes too?
No, I'm not good enough at puzzle games to find them all, or at least not the ones that you need to use the vibrating metronomes for, but I thought I could at least get all the normal ones.

Zaknafein
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2366 on: May 24, 2012, 01:00:06 PM »

Alright, then there's a cube bit behind a door that's opened by a puzzle, where you can also find an anti-cube. So basically I wouldn't worry about it, you may find it eventually (or not). Makes no difference to "100%" game completion if you have at least one anti-cube.

st33d
« Reply #2367 on: May 24, 2012, 02:06:02 PM »

We had a guy who was saying the same thing about the collectable stars to unlock stuff in a new game at work.

"But you've unlocked everything, it doesn't really matter."

"I WANT ALL THE FUCKING STARS, ALL OF THEM!"

100% means everything.
Irock
Level 5

why's my avatar so big

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2368 on: May 24, 2012, 04:40:26 PM »

Finding the anti-cubes is the meat of the game.

FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: May 24, 2012, 09:36:07 PM »

Oh, the anti-cubes are getting easier to figure out, but THOSE RED ONES ARE DRIVING ME UP THE FUCKING WALL.
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2370 on: May 25, 2012, 01:39:41 AM »

The three heart-cubes? Be advised that the solution to the last one was only discovered by a bunch of people getting together and brute forcing it.

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: May 25, 2012, 06:43:35 AM »

The three heart-cubes? Be advised that the solution to the last one was only discovered by a bunch of people getting together and brute forcing it.

I think something Fish forgot to take into account was that that puzzle would take longer to solve than anyone would have to patience to solve.
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2372 on: May 25, 2012, 07:15:46 AM »

We don't even know if there is an actual solution to it beyond brute forcing...

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: May 25, 2012, 10:07:16 AM »

And I think everyone's given up on trying to make sense of those soundtrack images.  This is just like that super-dense puzzle in Trials.
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: May 30, 2012, 07:10:39 PM »

WOOOOOP

WOOOOOP
Irock
Level 5

why's my avatar so big

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2375 on: May 30, 2012, 08:01:11 PM »

Wow 700,000 who would have thought!

ink.inc
« Reply #2376 on: May 30, 2012, 08:11:57 PM »

that's a 1
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2377 on: May 30, 2012, 08:57:01 PM »

when it changes perspective, it's actually "100"

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Fifth
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: August 17, 2012, 07:30:35 PM »

Okay, so I only just bought and started playing through this game, and I really don't want to look through most of this thread for fear of spoilers yet to come...
But I've got a question on one particular puzzle.

It's a room with six cubes in it, and a bunch of patterns on the wall for folding squares up to make a cube.  What I tried was to stack the six cubes, using the little platform, arranged so as to make one of those cube-folding patterns.  I made as many as I was able, given what the little platform allowed.
What happened was nothing.  I would make the shape, and nothing would come of it.  The block on the third layer of height (there always had to be one) would seem to vibrate back and forth ever so slightly, as though trying to align itself to the grid square.  Even if it looked stationary, I could tell it was moving if I stood on it.  Is this a bug?  Is it not detecting the position of the block correctly?  Or am I just misinterpreting the puzzle?

Mind you, it's kind of immaterial, as I did end up solving the puzzle, when I had a two blocks stacked on my row of boxes on the little platform, and then they both, one after another, fell into the block below (occupying the very same spot) upon rotating the room.  I set down the block I was carrying in frustration, and the puzzle suddenly (somehow) solved itself.  But I'm really curious as to how it's supposed to be solved.
Andrio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2379 on: August 18, 2012, 02:16:33 AM »

When you place blocks down you have to make sure your "depth" is right. Blocks will fall behind/in front of each other if they don't have the same depth. That block probably got caught in another block when you rotated.

The solution of that puzzle was to recreate the missing net of a cube using the blocks. So you were solving it the right way.

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 126
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic