Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411475 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58424 Members - Latest Member: FlyingFreeStudios

April 23, 2024, 02:16:24 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArtWorkshopI'm taking AP Studio Art this year
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: I'm taking AP Studio Art this year  (Read 1275 times)
BoxedLunch
« on: August 15, 2013, 10:27:54 PM »

Okay, so this year I'm going to be taking AP Studio Art which means I'm going to have to put together a bunch of pieces (some based on a theme of my choosing, some not), get it graded, and hopefully get college credit for it.

I've been taking art classes at school since kindergarten but I've never really done anything on this scale and I'm pretty slow when it comes to finishing things, so I'm a little worried about this class even though I know what I want to do for pieces. So I figured that I'd create a thread to post whatever crap I'm working on this year in order to get feedback outside of the classroom. I plan on posting both my art assignments for the class as well and some personal projects, sketchbook, and digital stuff that I'll be doing for practice for when i have to do those 12 themed pieces starting in mid-January.

I have a few pieces that I had to get get done this summer (4 actually). They're mostly done, but I'm still stressed out about finishing them. Here's 3 of the pieces that I've actually started (I'm going to start the 4th next week). Ignore the shitty quality of the images, I need a better way to take pictures of these.

BoxedLunch
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 07:35:13 PM »

We don't start our concentration until January, but my art teacher is having us do a piece based on a word she gives the class. Me and another student got stuck doing two pieces based on two different words ('dissolve' and 'support') because we have both of her AP Studio Art class hours. Right now i'm just doing some sketch stuff; not even full sized sketches of the pieces yet. I have the ideas down and I'm pretty confident about doing the full sized sketches tomorrow. I just have to manage to get both pieces finished by the deadline along with my remaining summer pieces (I finished one, but i still have 3 left).

Here's my crappy sketches

BoxedLunch
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 10:51:50 PM »

Whoa, completely forgot about this thread...

anyway.

The year's been going great so far! Massive sleep deprivation for the first 4 months of the school year, aside.

I've gotten a bunch of stuff done so far, had work in a few places, and have a lot of other stuff coming up which I'm really looking forward to. I'll post some more on that stuff as it comes up so anyone who is interested in seeing my stuff can maybe see it. I live in Rockford, Illinois so most of the stuff will be around there. Though there's some stuff coming up that might be elsewhere.

Some recent work is posted below. I have much more work than this, but I'll post all of that at the end of the semester which is around the 17th or something. That's when I should have most of it photographed. I'll also be doing a more thorough post on the semester at that time. It's been huge for me in more ways than just my art. There's been a lot of stuff in my personal life that's been getting better and I want to talk about it.

1.Mating Ritual, Scratchboard
-Won second place at a regional show held at NIU.

2.Dysmorphophobia, Oil Pastel and Colored Pencil on paper

3.Agoraphobia, Charcoal on paper
-Selected to be on the all-city high school art exhibit poster.

4.Mushroom Sprite, Tempera on Illustration Board

5.Still Life, Graphite on Illustration Board

Tell me what you think! And I'll keep you guys updated on what's going on as it happens. Smiley
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 12:42:49 PM by boxedlunch » Logged
BoxedLunch
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 11:05:17 AM »

The poster from the winter high-school art show that Rockford holds every year. I was really shocked to see my portrait on the poster. Last year, it just seemed like something I'd never be able to achieve.

I went to the show on opening night. I mostly hung out with my cousin and her boyfriend, but i still had a lot of fun. I don't see either of them often, so we had a lot to talk about. There's a lot of really good art down there; which was cool to see because i only really ever get to see art from my school. Anyone who lives in the Rockford area should go check it out while it's still going.

I'm gonna go back there at some point with my grandma so she can see the art and try the food at the restaurant it's at. I'll take some pictures then. The ones i have are really poor quality so there's no point in posting them.
BoxedLunch
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 08:44:50 PM »

Been arranging a portfolio of pieces for a regional senior show in Chicago. I don't know if I'll get picked, but hoping i will because if i do it will mean i got a scholarship to one of the schools sponsoring it. Really hoping that if I do, it'll be for MCAD or MIAD because those are my top two choices. Anyway, I've been able to get some pictures of some more art of mine. These are more assignment-y than the other stuff I've posted, but I think it all still holds value, as much as I don't like some of these.

Gonna see if i can finish one or two more pieces before that portfolio is due, but who knows if that'll happen. I spend way too long on pieces, even though i have been getting quicker. Hoping I'll get them done in time for something, so my art teacher will put matboard around them. It's so nice seeing my work have those. It finally cements it in my mind that something is actually finished after all the stress.

Edit: I just realized how dulled down the pieces look as photos. I'll have to try and fix that when i send them in for the AP Exam.
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 09:56:50 PM »

This stuff looks cool, btw.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic