Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411493 Posts in 69372 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 05:58:44 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsJack Rumble - Concept Art / Mock-up Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: Jack Rumble - Concept Art / Mock-up Thread  (Read 63851 times)
GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2008, 11:10:43 PM »

I thought it was you who implicitly supported my quest to make Monty Python into a meme here.  Beer!

And I think the lumberjack should, as a bonus (or even as a powered up mode), wear womens' clothes.  It would make a lot of sense, really.  Gentleman
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2008, 11:17:15 PM »

I thought it was you who implicitly supported my quest to make Monty Python into a meme here.  Beer!

And I think the lumberjack should, as a bonus (or even as a powered up mode), wear womens' clothes.  It would make a lot of sense, really.  Gentleman
Yes, I'm a monty python-fan  Gentleman

I just dont know about copyrights and stuff.
....same lyrics, other music!?!  WTF
GregWS
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2008, 11:23:45 PM »

I think the secret with copyrights is to not actually break them but to "bootleg" them as we did in our previous compo.  If done right, it would be an obvious reference to the song without actually breaking copyright.  And I guess I just hope that the Pythons have better things to do than sue indie game developers.  I suppose it depends on whether or not the game would be free, too.

EDIT: and I guess I'm such a big Python fan because that British sense of humour is one of the few strong links I've got to my English heritage (life-long Canadian, 100% UK roots).
Renton
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2008, 12:12:29 AM »

I was actually thinking of putting an instrumental version as an achievement prize (You ruined the surprise, goddammit  Cry). On each level, there'll be a piece of clothing belonging to your "best girl". You find all of it, you get a bonus. Don't know what kind, yet.

About the copyrights; I'm not making any money out of the game, not even donations, so I doubt they would mind (I doubt more that they'd find out). I'll probably bootleg it anyways.

There will be boomsticks. I'm thinking of a few weapons to pick up. Don't expect a big arsenal, though.

As for TIMBER! and caber toss; great ideas. Might implement them as a power mode.
winterkill
Level 0

Shpadoinkle!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2008, 12:20:57 AM »

I've always had a soft spot for the german rendition (

). The lederhoesen make it all the more hilarious.
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2008, 02:25:01 AM »

Can he put on said clothing as a bonus?

Also, I rather enjoyed that German version! "I wish I'd been a girlie, just like my Uncle Valter."

Gentleman
Renton
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2008, 07:10:51 AM »

How about a bonus game mode where Jack puts on his best girl's clothes and does arena survival in a bar?
Saker
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2008, 07:43:49 AM »

How about a bonus game mode where Jack puts on his best girl's clothes and does arena survival in a bar?
DO IT ... :D ...

Ride 'em cowboy
GregWS
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2008, 08:26:52 AM »

Must be done, the sheer manliness is too much to bear!  Well, hello there!

And I think unlockable mini-games fit perfectly with action platformers.  Mega Man Zero 3 is one of the best in it's series because you can unlock mini-games by fulfilling some crazy requirements (like win the game with a score %100; yes, the game ranks you).  Unlike some of the other Zero games, I actually wanted to try and achieve these crazy goals, because I think mini-games are more desirable than, say, better armor for more playthroughs.  And bonus levels are OK, but I find them to be quite anti-climactic, whereas mini-games aren't.
winterkill
Level 0

Shpadoinkle!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2008, 10:27:23 AM »

Shocked do want
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2008, 10:31:28 AM »

Don't forget the bears! Oh, and a log-rolling bossfight.
Renton
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2008, 10:48:46 AM »

Bosses will include:
  • Angus "the Scottish rival lumberjack" McGregor
  • Bulldozer
  • A bear
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2008, 11:12:11 AM »

Renton, I don't think there's anything you could do to live up to the expectations you're setting right now. :D

If you do manage to implement caber-tossing into a lumberjack bear-'em-up game, though, I will cry tears of joy.
Renton
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2008, 11:16:20 AM »

It won't be a beat'em up. You will be able to go hand-to-hand; but there will be guns.
As for caber tossing, I'm thinking a power-mode. It's like Bonesaw, only with Jack shouting "TIMBEEEER!"
undertech
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2008, 11:22:00 AM »

Surely you'll make room for the environmentalists in your game? No lumberjack can avoid the confrontations with the tree huggers in this day and age.
Renton
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2008, 11:33:10 AM »

Maybe eco-terrorists.
michael
Pixelhead
Level 10

yo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2008, 12:11:52 PM »

will smithy get a cameo?

you rob the bank, i'll rob stewart
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2008, 12:31:04 PM »

will smithy get a cameo?

Co-op!
Renton
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2008, 12:51:44 PM »

will smithy get a cameo?
I don't know Smithy well enough to depict him in a game.
Renton
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2008, 02:21:43 PM »

This. I know it's not much, but it's the exams season and I hardly have time to work on this. Will post more as I progress.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic