Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 12:29:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsTIGJam UK Arrival Times
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: TIGJam UK Arrival Times  (Read 9473 times)
Corpus
« on: November 03, 2008, 02:22:54 PM »

To help everyone coordinate their appearances at the jam, I think it's be useful if we all posted the time we're thinking of showing up and getting down to business.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to make the Friday night, so it looks like I'll actually be getting in early on Saturday morning (6am early).

What about you?
Bezzy
Level 5

Loves the Gloves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 04:16:03 PM »

Probably about 8pm friday.

I'm worried that my laptop won't turn up before then, but... we'll see.

Also, I move into my new flat the day before... well... not move in, but I get the keys. Yay! I think it's too early to allow others to stay, but it's pretty close to the Jam (just a bus away). So, that worked out well!

increpare
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 04:24:26 PM »

Me/Terry/Alteisentier  will be arriving on thursday night actually: so we should be about from friday afternoon Smiley
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 11:50:33 PM »

Lunchtime Friday

BenH
Level 2

Dirty boy, wash your hands!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 04:08:03 AM »

Around 1pm Friday, unless I get lost, which is quite possible in London! Huh?

gonzorob
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 06:51:02 AM »

lunchtime seems to be the best time for everyone ...as mentioned previously, drop me a line when you arrive

Oh yes, if you're coming from Vauxhall station just walk up the river (with it on your left) after about 10 minutes you'll see black prince road on the right ... you cant miss southbank house after that Wink

Cheers

BenH
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 07:05:30 AM »

lunchtime seems to be the best time for everyone ...as mentioned previously, drop me a line when you arrive

Oh yes, if you're coming from Vauxhall station just walk up the river (with it on your left) after about 10 minutes you'll see black prince road on the right ... you cant miss southbank house after that Wink

Cheers

I was going to walk directly from Victoria coach station, but then I realised it's quicker to walk to Victoria tube station, go to Vauxhall and then walk up like you said. Saves me doing a 30 minute walk! I bet I'll still manage to get lost somehow  Wink

Corpus
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 08:36:26 AM »

I'm getting off at Victoria coach station. Is it really that big a walk?

I don't really mind walking for half an hour, actually, but it might be little bit unpleasant if it's a cold morning.
BenH
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008, 08:45:50 AM »

Google Maps is saying it's about 1.6 miles (30 min walk)
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&saddr=164+Buckingham+Palace+Rd,+London,+SW1W+9TP+(Victoria+Coach+Station)&daddr=Black+Prince+Rd,+Lambeth,+London+SE1,+UK&hl=en&geocode=CWqSDjlx8zbGFeG1EQMdiLz9_yGBRxYBbZUR8Q%3B&mra=pe&mrcr=0&dirflg=w&sll=51.493452,-0.134987&sspn=0.019585,0.05579&ie=UTF8&ll=51.493168,-0.129647&spn=0.019585,0.05579&z=15

I'm not really bothered about walking the distance, but the further I have to go on foot, the more likely I am to get lost Wink

Corpus
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2008, 08:47:45 AM »

Ha. I'm perverse, and look on getting lost in cities as being a nice adventure.
BenH
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2008, 08:58:47 AM »

London is like the devil's bottom, and I don't want to get lost there!

Bezzy
Level 5

Loves the Gloves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2008, 02:57:54 AM »

If it's bad weather, the bus is easy to take.

From victoria, get the number 2 bus (toward brixton) south (it goes on the road parallel to the theatre showing "Wicked", so cross the road to the wicked theatre from victoria station, walk right along that street, then take the first left onto the parallel road. Cross that road. The number 2 bus stop is there.)

Then get off on the first stop after the bridge. I'm guessing that's as close as you can get.

gonzorob
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2008, 03:05:10 AM »

If London is the devils bottom, Vauxhall is certainly its sphincter.
 Gentleman

BenH
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2008, 03:33:51 AM »

If London is the devils bottom, Vauxhall is certainly its sphincter.
 Gentleman

Oh god, I'll be coming out of vauxhall, too Shocked

Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2008, 04:47:43 AM »

The Transport for London network is being upgraded through a programme of improvement works.

If you are planning to travel this weekend 8/9 November 2008, please check if any of the following works will affect you.

For a map highlighting planned improvement works this weekend, please click here

District line
Between Barking and Upminster there is no service due to track replacement work. For further details and alternative routes, please click here

Between Turnham Green and Richmond there is no service due to track work by Network Rail on Sunday only. For further details and alternative routes, please click here

Hammersmith & City line
Between Plaistow and Barking there is no service due to track replacement work. For further details and alternative routes, please click here

Jubilee line
Between Green Park and Stratford there is no service until 1230 due to line upgrade work on Saturday only. For further details and alternative routes, please click here

Northern line
Between East Finchley and High Barnet/Mill Hill East there is no service due to line upgrade work. For further details and alternative routes, please click here

Northern line trains will not stop at Moorgate due to station improvement work. For further details and alternative routes, please click here

Piccadilly line
Osterley station is closed for improvement work. For further details and alternative routes, please
click here

Victoria line
There is no service on the entire line due to line upgrade work on Sunday only. For further details and alternative routes, please click here

Docklands Light Railway
Between Canning Town and King George V there is no service on Sunday only. For further details and alternative routes, please click here

Tower Gateway station is closed until Spring 2009. For further details and alternative routes, please
click here

London Overground
Between Clapham Junction and Willesden Junction there is no service on Sunday 9 November.

Between Richmond to South Acton there is no service on Sunday 9 November.

Between Willesden Junction and Gospel Oak there is no service until Monday 17 November.

Between South Hampstead and Euston there is no service (except on Sundays) until
Monday 17 November.

For more information on these engineering works click here

Some broken underground trains this weekend! Fun!

twitter: @docky
BenH
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2008, 05:10:32 AM »

Victoria line
There is no service on the entire line due to line upgrade work on Sunday only. For further details and alternative routes, please click here

I need the Victoria line to get to Vauxhall, but if I read that right it should only be closed on Sunday so it shouldn't really affect me (I hope!)

Every time I go to London it seems like the lines I need most are always broken Huh?

Jimbob
Level 3

Not a Detective

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2008, 10:26:40 AM »

I should be around on the Saturday early afternoon till around Sunday afternoon.
I'll probably be taking the Bakerloo line from Paddington and walking from Waterloo.
Sound normal? I hope so :S

Last release: sync::routine
Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2008, 04:05:08 PM »

Okay, should I arrive some time around 8pm, where should I go if I want to meet you people?  Will you be at the location, or would you have buggered off by then?

Actually, maybe some of us should share some phone numbers, just to be sure. Anyone that wants to share their mobile number with me that would be appreciated.

twitter: @docky
Corpus
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2008, 04:13:21 PM »

Finally booked my coach tickets this evening. It is confirmed: I'll be getting into London at 6.30am on Saturday.
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2008, 04:24:04 PM »

Stephen, Ryan and I arrived in London today! We'll be there around lunchtime tomorrow! Beer!

We got an early start on things by making a quick klik&play game in the airport - we're going to finish it off tonight before the whole thing starts! :D

holy shit this is going to be epic

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic