Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 12:04:07 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDreaming Sarah
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Dreaming Sarah  (Read 14254 times)
andreyin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2013, 10:21:16 PM »

We just released the OST for the game on Bandcamp. It's free to download, too!

I really should update this more often... In any case here's a gif of what I've been working on today:

Still messing with it to make it look a little better, though.

Prads
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2013, 12:20:16 AM »

Downloaded the demo from indiedb and played it for a bit. I really like the art, the whole atmosphere, and the exploration part of the game. However, I didn't like the controls. I felt like I wasn't being able to control my character smoothly and that made it little annoying. I think you need to spend more time polishing the controls.

just here for the ladies
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2013, 05:09:19 AM »

Downloaded the demo from indiedb and played it for a bit. I really like the art, the whole atmosphere, and the exploration part of the game. However, I didn't like the controls. I felt like I wasn't being able to control my character smoothly and that made it little annoying. I think you need to spend more time polishing the controls.

Could you be more specific?

I personally find the controls to be a joy to experience for and indie platformer, especially in light of the dream-like slow moving atmosphere of the game.

This isn't exactly a Super Meat Boy style twitch platformer.
Prads
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2013, 06:29:47 AM »

Nah I didn't expect it to be like SMB either.

Tested it again in Radeon 6630 and everything ran smoothly, didn't have issue with controls this time. Seems like the control issue I was experiencing was due to lag when I ran the game in Intel HD 3000 graphics card. The lag is barely noticeable but it increased the input latency a bit especially in the level with volcano.

andreyin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2013, 06:36:39 AM »

Tested it again in Radeon 6630 and everything ran smoothly, didn't have issue with controls this time. Seems like the control issue I was experiencing was due to lag when I ran the game in Intel HD 3000 graphics card. The lag is barely noticeable but it increased the input latency a bit especially in the level with volcano.

Really sorry about that, the Intel HD series really lags everything out.. Did you install the Directx that came with the game?

just here for the ladies
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2013, 06:41:41 AM »

*phew*

Glad to know it's just a hardware compatibility issue!

... also suck that it's a hardware compatibility issue. Sad
Prads
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2013, 06:47:58 AM »

Really sorry about that, the Intel HD series really lags everything out.. Did you install the Directx that came with the game?

Yeah I tried to install it but it said, "DirectX setup has determined that a newer or equivalent version of DirectX has been installed already. No installation is necessary."

andreyin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2013, 07:32:37 AM »

*phew*

Glad to know it's just a hardware compatibility issue!

... also suck that it's a hardware compatibility issue. Sad

Yeah, the problem is the way C2 and node-webkit do fullscreen. It stretches the game to the user's current resolution instead of changing it. So if you have a 1080p resolution and play in fullscreen, the game will be stretched to that size and cause a LOT of lag if you don't have a really good setup. I've been looking into this but the only quick way to fix it is running the game on compatibility mode and using the "run in 640x480" option. This way when you start the game, it goes fullscreen but using a 640x480 resolution.

Unfortunately this also put black bars on the sides, since this isn't a widescreen resolution..

I'll look into it, maybe there's a way to make another program that changes the resolution when the game starts, and then back when it closes.

Yeah I tried to install it but it said, "DirectX setup has determined that a newer or equivalent version of DirectX has been installed already. No installation is necessary."

Thanks! Sometimes people don't have it installed it the game gets really laggy, but I see that's not the case. If you do want to play it again, try running it windowed or windowed x2, it'll probably speed it up enough so there's no lag.

just here for the ladies
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2013, 08:08:09 AM »

Secret vault... shhhhhhh.

just here for the ladies
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2013, 10:03:12 AM »

Half Life 3 Duck Confirmed

Prads
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2013, 10:53:46 AM »

lol
Is Mr. Shiny Pants good or evil?

William Chyr
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2013, 11:09:14 AM »

This combination of pixel art and surrealist dreamscape is wonderful. Really like the image of the kitty that lost its head. Macabre and humorous at the same time.

BTW, the soundtrack is great (and makes for great background music while coding). I think my favorite track is "Memories Fragments".

just here for the ladies
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2013, 12:49:15 PM »

lol
Is Mr. Shiny Pants good or evil?

You'll have to ask him for yourself. Wink

This combination of pixel art and surrealist dreamscape is wonderful. Really like the image of the kitty that lost its head. Macabre and humorous at the same time.

BTW, the soundtrack is great (and makes for great background music while coding). I think my favorite track is "Memories Fragments".

Thanks!  I've been really inspired by the movie Wizards while creating a lot of this art.

... and yeah, the soundtrack is incredibly inspiring to work with! :D

- - -

So apparently I serendipitously made a nod to Golden Axe.  Shocked

just here for the ladies
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2013, 03:45:12 PM »

Working on the outside of the mansion next!

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2013, 04:45:34 PM »

Quote from: just here for the ladies link=topic=35490.msg970069#msg970069

it's an old fantasy trope

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
just here for the ladies
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2013, 05:55:29 PM »

Quote from: just here for the ladies link=topic=35490.msg970069#msg970069

it's an old fantasy trope

News to me!  My Word!
surt
Level 7

Meat by-product.

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2013, 10:23:20 PM »

You desperately need to read some Robert E. Howard.

Real life would be so much better with permadeath.
PJ Gallery - OGA Gallery - CC0 Scraps
just here for the ladies
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2013, 12:22:14 PM »

I did a devlog with me geeking out over pixel art and showing off the mansion I built for part of this delightful game I'm happy to be working on with Andre! :D

just here for the ladies
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2013, 04:41:00 PM »

A mysterious figure who may or may not have a sordid history with trains...

just here for the ladies
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2013, 12:26:11 AM »

Looks like someone needed a drink after his adventures....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic