Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 06:33:40 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs[GREENLIT] Double Death | Moddable Zombie Beat'em Up
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
Print
Author Topic: [GREENLIT] Double Death | Moddable Zombie Beat'em Up  (Read 49372 times)
MrBones
« Reply #180 on: October 03, 2015, 07:44:55 PM »

Hey guys,

Sorry for the lack of updates lately. I've been going through a rough patch in my life, but I've still been working on the game bit by bit. I hope I'll have something ready to show soon.
MrBones
« Reply #181 on: November 22, 2015, 06:34:26 PM »

PREPARE FOR MAXIMUM CHEESE

PLEASE SUPPORT THE GAME AND VOTE IF YOU'D LIKE TO SEE DOUBLE DEATH'S FUTURE. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT, WORDS DO NOT DESCRIBE MY APPRECIATION.

P.S NEW WEBSITE HERE: HERE
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 06:40:05 PM by Bonesy » Logged
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 22, 2015, 07:00:30 PM »

went to vote yes, followed this for a long time.
(i dislike the trailer) and i edited my message because i was too mean about the trailer ^^

Good luck on this project!
MrBones
« Reply #183 on: November 22, 2015, 07:03:43 PM »

on my lack of budget I had a friend make it.
I think it turned out alright, but I appreciate the criticism, I'm hoping in the future I'll be able to put together more professional trailers.

EDIT: No need to remove your comment dude it was valid criticism and possibly an overlook on my part. An opinion is an opinion, I appreciate all forms of feedback. Smiley
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 22, 2015, 07:08:57 PM »

(i was saying before that the trailer felt a bit too long, and the usage of scanlines wasn't really doing favor to the quality of the ingame visuals and also that the ingame scenes were a bit repetitive because of the background diversity, but people seems to like it, so it may be a matter of taste)

I hope you'll get a more professional trailer for the main steam page once you start selling your game ^^
Any information about release date?
MrBones
« Reply #185 on: November 22, 2015, 07:14:44 PM »

Any information about release date?

2016, not sure about specific times as I suck with dates
aamatniekss
Level 4

hiya

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 23, 2015, 12:48:39 AM »

Yeah, gotta say not a fan of the trailer too. :/ Looks a little too unprofessional and too long, I think simple gameplay footage would have been a bit better. The scanlines were definitely not helping, as you could not see the beautiful pixel-art the game has. Should have just put 'TV borders' around the screen to make it look like it's on TV instead. It might be a good idea to put a separate video with just a little gameplay footage up there though.

Anyways, Im still excited about the game, and I hope it gets greenlit quickly! good luck! Smiley

MrBones
« Reply #187 on: November 23, 2015, 02:50:32 AM »

Maybe I'll make another small gameplay trailer soon? Bad call on my part, but hey, everything's a learning experience.
aamatniekss
Level 4

hiya

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 23, 2015, 02:55:37 AM »

Yep, you should put it up there as soon as possible. You get about 3 days of large visibility while the game is on 1st page of recent greenlight submissions, after that it's VERY low amount of people watching your campaign, so you should do it asap.

MrBones
« Reply #189 on: November 23, 2015, 09:02:40 AM »

Sorry for low quality, there were problems recording. This is now the primary Greenlight footage for now.
MrBones
« Reply #190 on: November 28, 2015, 12:35:11 PM »

Here's the picture of the somewhat secret ultra-boss, the Kraken, as compared to the player.
MrBones
« Reply #191 on: December 06, 2015, 07:04:21 PM »

Weekly Wrap-Up : December 6, 2015

Hey everyone! So today I thought I would start something a bit new. At the end of every week I'd like to write a short wrap up of what's being worked on and what needs to be done. I was going to put this into video form, but unfortunately I kinda ran out of time, so the video devlogs will start next Sunday hopefully!

What Was Finished This Week?
  • AI is a lot more functional now, finally finished rebuilding it from the ground up. Same concept for AI as before but much better execution. New fixes applied to all mobs.
  • LOTS of Bugfixes: There was a significant amount of small bugs fixed. Nothing too interesting.
  • Rebalancing: A large part of this week was spent rebalancing. I noticed some problems with difficulty when playing a quick round, this has been resolved now.
  • New AntiCamping Mechanics: New mechanics have been added to combat enemy spawn camping. Spawns will detect camping up to a certain distance and stop spawning; in turn other spawns will then spawn enemies more frequently until the camping stops. If all spawns are camped then the effect is mostly negated.
  • Modding Work: Some work was done on modding. This included cleaning up the filesystem and working on the in-game interface modding interfaces.

So, What Needs to Be Done?
Before the game's finished, this is what remains:
  • Modding: About 60% done.
  • Multiplayer: Needs to be revamped, priority after modding system for implementation of multiplayer mods easier. Maybe about 30% done?
  • Cosmetics/Inventory: Basically finished, just needs actual implementation. 80% done.
  • Steam Implementation: Implement stuff like Steam Workshop. Not Started.
  • Arcade Mode: Basis is done as far as mechanics go, just need to finish the maps & such. 25% done?
  • Mapping (implement actual maps): About 50% done, give or take.
  • Miscellaneous: Achievements, Bugfixes + Polish, Etc. Hasn't been a priority yet, will start after above features.

What's Planned/Coming Up?
I've had a large focus on the Greenlight campaign lately, which unfortunately seems to have fallen in the Greenlight limbo. I kinda guessed this would happen, but nonetheless it's still a bit discouraging. I plan to keep developing the above features for now. It's a possibility that I might attempt a Kickstarter soon, if for anything else at least to spread the game around a bit in a notable way.

If you haven't voted yet please do!
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=560861182
MrBones
« Reply #192 on: January 07, 2016, 09:10:45 PM »

WE JUST GOT A SMALL EARLY ALPHA 1 MAP DEMO OUT:

Here are the controls (rebindable in the options menu, a controller works too):

Move - Arrow Keys

Roll (Left/Right) - A and D

Shoot/Melee - Z and X

Jump - Space

Backpack - Tab

Menu - Escape

Remember to vote for us on Steam if you haven't already, thanks! I know it's a bit buggy, please leave any necessary feedback below. Thanks so much for following.
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 08, 2016, 06:12:28 PM »

Your demo is a bit too frantic and fast-paced. Zombies are way too aggressive ,not giving enough time to understand how the game works.
Lot of issues with the long-grab zombie, their range and the way your character floats once grabbed.
Fat zombies and their long ranged attack should lose some velocity.
The game feels unfairly difficult and fast.  And the gameplay lacks of solidity.(choppiness)
the fact that you can only shoot 3 bullets on a burst and making you vulnerable during the attack is gamebreaking.

If you had beta-testers you should fire them.... literally.

imo the main problem is the game speed, floatsy character & enemies , hitstun for enemies that should be longer and lack of impact (i have almost no idea when i'm about to die)

MrBones
« Reply #194 on: January 08, 2016, 08:26:07 PM »

Your demo is a bit too frantic and fast-paced. Zombies are way too aggressive ,not giving enough time to understand how the game works.
Lot of issues with the long-grab zombie, their range and the way your character floats once grabbed.
Fat zombies and their long ranged attack should lose some velocity.
The game feels unfairly difficult and fast.  And the gameplay lacks of solidity.(choppiness)
the fact that you can only shoot 3 bullets on a burst and making you vulnerable during the attack is gamebreaking.

If you had beta-testers you should fire them.... literally.

imo the main problem is the game speed, floatsy character & enemies , hitstun for enemies that should be longer and lack of impact (i have almost no idea when i'm about to die)

thanks
MrBones
« Reply #195 on: January 10, 2016, 10:27:14 AM »

I've addressed a few of the issues above. Besides that I've noticed difficulty is a common complaint, so things have been toned down significantly.

Here's a list of fixes (demo has not been updated, but main game has):
  • All Zombies have had damage & speed reduced
  • Player damage has been nerfed SLIGHTLY (by about 3-5 per weapon) to compensate
  • Spitter Projectiles now slow down over time instead of keeping a constant speed, damage is proportional to speed
  • Hitstun slightly increased, knockback fixed for certain zombies it was not occuring for
  • Spawnrates have been changed to be more balanced instead of opting for an all out rush
  • Spitter Projectiles can no longer travel outside of the room/region they're created in
  • Screenshake has been fixed; seems like it was not working for certain weapons/attacks

I've also added randomly spawning "pickups" for ammo & medkits to the game as an alternative to only buying from the trader.

I'm completely open to any other suggestions.

b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 10, 2016, 01:13:46 PM »

wanted to add there might be a little problem when main character is overlapping with a zombie. I guess it's okay since you can roll out of the situation, but it's kind of awkward not being able to hit it at this moment.
Maybe expand the melee hitbox so it still hits the enemy in overlap situations.
MrBones
« Reply #197 on: January 11, 2016, 07:56:02 AM »

wanted to add there might be a little problem when main character is overlapping with a zombie. I guess it's okay since you can roll out of the situation, but it's kind of awkward not being able to hit it at this moment.
Maybe expand the melee hitbox so it still hits the enemy in overlap situations.

Thanks, I'll see about this.
Also it seems a big problem was due to a bug there's only 5 seconds between rounds when there should be 45. This has been fixed for the next version.

Also, what was your opinion on the zombies' health? Too high?
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 11, 2016, 04:13:31 PM »

i think it's ok.
I don't know for the Tank  as i was always surrounded at this point.
MrBones
« Reply #199 on: January 12, 2016, 02:58:17 AM »

i think it's ok.
I don't know for the Tank  as i was always surrounded at this point.

I've slightly lowered the HP as well, probably by about 10-20% or so.
I think it helps make the game a bit less "aggressive", as HP does increase per round anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic