Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411974 Posts in 69437 Topics- by 58486 Members - Latest Member: Fuimus

June 15, 2024, 09:02:09 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingRobopolis Demo
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Robopolis Demo  (Read 900 times)
Jandy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: August 28, 2013, 01:19:58 PM »

Hey guys, I recently released a demo of my game Robopolis, on gamejolt here:

http://gamejolt.com/games/puzzle/robopolis/17124/

In particular there have been issues with the display.  The right-hand side of the game has been getting cut off. I think I've fixed the problem but need someone to test and feedback. 

If you play the demo and give feedback (here or on the gamejolt page is A-OK by me), then could you please state whether you experienced any problems with the game scaling on your monitor and what display resolution you are running at.  Along with any other feedback you may wish to leave!

mgatland
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 01:40:22 AM »

I played the download version - it had no graphical problems, but it runs in a window - is the display problem in the online version?

I could not beat level 5, so I cheated with levels.ini to get past it.

Enjoyed puzzling my way through the levels after that.

Bug: On level 13 the music stopped and was replaced with a looping sound (the sound the tractor-bots make while moving?) This sound continues instead of music even back on the level selection screen.

I stopped on level 13 after trying a few times - I guess I wanted a break from thinking Smiley

I love the flash of light across the main robot's face when its head turns from side to side. And other little animated touches like the ceiling fans.
Jandy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 04:09:59 AM »

No the display problem is/was in either, presenting as over or under stretching of the game (so that the right side or bottom of the screen are being cut off by over stretching) even within a window.  It's because in GM6 somehow the surface drawing function is linked to the display resolution when I've tried to stretch the surface (so that it scales nicely).

Thanks for the heads up with that level 13, I'll check it out later today Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic