Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 01:48:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesMighty No. 9
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: Mighty No. 9  (Read 16797 times)
Keops
Level 6

Pixellin' and Gamedev'n

View Profile WWW
« on: September 01, 2013, 06:51:50 AM »

Another high-profile Kickstarter project, this time we'll get a Mega Man/Rockman spiritual successor:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9

Thoughts?

Hearthstead: Hand Point Right Website - Twitter Hand Point Left

OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS! Behance portfolio
oh ok
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 07:57:32 AM »

appeal to emotion every single second of that video

ending mirroring mega man 2's? oh man
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 08:19:18 AM »

I was gonna be kind of hard on this for being a super obvious Megaman rip-off, but I guess the original creator of Megaman is the project lead?

Still, I think that it might be better to make the game one or two more steps removed from the Megaman series. Like, a more obviously different setting or structure the game a little differently such as getting rid of the stage select. The traffic cone hat enemies give an impression like they're trying to figure out how to make the enemies just different enough to pass a C&D than to come up with original stuff.

The graphics look like they'll be lovely, though. It gives me an impression of MegamanX 4, which was a pretty stupendous title all around. Maybe this will be good, if Capcom doesn't just issue a C&D.
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 08:23:54 AM »

Still, I think that it might be better to make the game one or two more steps removed from the Megaman series. Like, a more obviously different setting or structure the game a little differently such as getting rid of the stage select. The traffic cone hat enemies give an impression like they're trying to figure out how to make the enemies just different enough to pass a C&D than to come up with original stuff.
Why in the world would this bother you unless you're literally keiji inafune's lawyer?

Only reason it's not a megaman is because someone else owns the rights something he created, so whatever the fuck.

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 08:35:42 AM »

I think if I had re-made the same game upwards of 10 times, I'd be ready to go nuts, but apparently he's still not tired of it ..

Shrug
gggfhfdh
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 08:43:16 AM »

I was gonna be kind of hard on this for being a super obvious Megaman rip-off, but I guess the original creator of Megaman is the project lead?

The graphics look like they'll be lovely, though. It gives me an impression of MegamanX 4, which was a pretty stupendous title all around. Maybe this will be good, if Capcom doesn't just issue a C&D.
"alright so like i know this project is supposed to be a giant middle finger to capcom for not letting inafune work on a megaman game since '95 or so, but i feel like it's too similar to megaman"
gggfhfdh
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2013, 08:43:55 AM »

he has every right to make Basically Megaman tbh
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2013, 08:45:14 AM »

the world cant wait for yet another megaman, identical in form and execution to all the other boring megaman games, but now, if you prove yourself worthy, you can pay 99 dollars for it instead of paying 10 dollars on xbox live for the same game made by the same people.
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2013, 08:45:46 AM »

I think if I had re-made the same game upwards of 10 times, I'd be ready to go nuts, but apparently he's still not tired of it ..

Shrug

yeah i don't get that either.

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2013, 08:49:49 AM »

giant middle finger to capcom for not letting inafune work on a megaman game since '95 or so

He was producer of Megaman 9 and 10 .. and exec. producer on Megaman Powered Up.
gggfhfdh
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2013, 08:50:56 AM »

3 games out of however many have come out since X4 doesnt really say much tho
oh ok
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2013, 08:54:19 AM »

i'd rather have this man delivers a game of quality than let the capcom of nowadays create

messed stuff like

at least he looks like he has some passion for what he is doing
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2013, 08:55:52 AM »

That was a free fan game Capcom decided to sponsor instead of C&Ding into oblivion.  Better move IMO.
oh ok
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2013, 08:57:20 AM »

more like a game of subpar quality, a stain on the mega man name IMO
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2013, 08:58:59 AM »

inafune leaves capcom because he's frustrated with the arrogance and insularity of the japanese game industry and wants to westernize. so inafune founds his own company, comcept, and makes

1. soul sacrifice, a monster hunter style game that couldnt be more japanese if it tried
2. notmegaman

ok
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2013, 08:59:56 AM »

It's almost like he's a robot .. like some kind of .. mega .. man ..

>_>
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2013, 09:00:33 AM »

he really needs to get rid of that haircut
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2013, 09:01:28 AM »

inafune leaves capcom because he's frustrated with the arrogance and insularity of the japanese game industry and wants to westernize. so inafune founds his own company, comcept, and makes

1. soul sacrifice, a monster hunter style game that couldnt be more japanese if it tried
2. notmegaman

ok
Note how he's wearing a USA cap though

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2013, 09:10:04 AM »

i truthfully do not understand the obsession with this endless series of mechanically stale near identical games
ham and brie
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2013, 09:14:58 AM »

2. notmegaman

ok

I don't think his complaints about Japan being insular and behind the west were about games like Megaman. I don't think it was quite why he left Capcom either.

This kind of Kickstarter project is consistent with wanting to learn from what the western games industry is doing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic