Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411482 Posts in 69370 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 02:10:23 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesMighty No. 9
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: Mighty No. 9  (Read 16784 times)
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2013, 09:22:55 AM »

I'd prefer if it was more alike to the Zero series. (I know ZX and Advent are spiritual sequels, but they were not very memorable)
But I like the classic/X series too though, so I'll probably pledge this.

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2013, 10:47:13 AM »

i truthfully do not understand the obsession with this endless series of mechanically stale near identical games
yet better than bionic commando

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2013, 12:33:39 PM »

he has every right to make Basically Megaman tbh

I agree he has every right to make a Megaman game. Does this make it a good idea? I get that it's his character and he's bothered that Capcom's screwing with him and his series, but I still think he'd be better off trying to make something more original than replacing hard hats with traffic cones and adding a transformation mechanic.

But it's cool that he's dealing with his frustration by making more games, instead of just trash talking the industry or sulking.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2013, 12:50:09 PM »

He has made other game too (in preparation and release) it's not entirely fair to say is better off trying new things, I think also it's a matter of winning back the fan ... hence kickstarter as a marketing trick.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2013, 02:17:42 PM »

btw soul sacrifice is actually really good but will probably be forgotten because its on on a system no one has or wants and is not megaman
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2013, 06:00:20 PM »

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2013, 09:20:13 PM »

This project is fine by me.  I think even with reiterations of the same idea, there's room for creativity, soul and variation, and I like the look of what they're presenting so far. 

swordofkings128
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2013, 12:39:38 PM »

i cant wait until it hits the $1,750,000 stretch goal so Huh? can be in the game. even better at $2,200,000 we get more Huh?.

Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2013, 05:24:34 PM »

He's already at 1.1 million  Shocked

Sik
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2013, 08:51:17 PM »

inafune leaves capcom because he's frustrated with the arrogance and insularity of the japanese game industry and wants to westernize. so inafune founds his own company, comcept, and makes

1. soul sacrifice, a monster hunter style game that couldnt be more japanese if it tried
2. notmegaman

ok
I was always under the impression his complaints were about corporate culture (which is hard to argue), not about the games themselves.
feminazi
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2013, 11:17:54 PM »

there was plenty of "competent" "megaman" clones in the game maker community that you could play instead. i have nothing else to say about megaman except its a boring memorization game
Oskuro
Level 3

Coding in Style

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2013, 03:41:59 AM »

I loved the early megaman games back in the day, so I'm happy about this, particularly because without Capcom holding down the license, the game (and its potential sequels) can evolve beyond the original formula.

Revisiting the original formula is a good start, in my opinion. And even if I didn't like the subject matter, I can't help but support the notion of authors having creative control over their own ideas.

As for those who don't like the core concept, or the idea of this game being made: Just don't buy it. The world doesn't need or care about your whining over what games "deserve" to be made.

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2013, 04:30:30 AM »

without Capcom holding down the license, the game (and its potential sequels) can evolve beyond the original formula.

I'm not entirely convinced this is going to happen ..
King Tetiro
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2013, 04:42:21 AM »

Wow, we haven't even gone 3 days and there's already a comic with both franchises in it. Pretty heartwarming too

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2013, 06:28:18 AM »

As for those who don't like the core concept, or the idea of this game being made: Just don't buy it. The world doesn't need or care about your whining over what games "deserve" to be made.
what does the world need, oscar? is it another megaman game made by the team that made the last two, but this one sticks it to the man because some people will pay 10000 dollars instead of 5?
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2013, 07:13:35 AM »

Wow, we haven't even gone 3 days and there's already a comic with both franchises in it. Pretty heartwarming too

lol megaman is still stuck on the moon.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2013, 07:16:18 AM »

lol VOLNUTT is still stuck on the moon.
fixed

feminazi
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2013, 04:42:18 PM »

I loved the early megaman games back in the day, so I'm happy about this, particularly because without Capcom holding down the license, the game (and its potential sequels) can evolve beyond the original formula.

Revisiting the original formula is a good start, in my opinion. And even if I didn't like the subject matter, I can't help but support the notion of authors having creative control over their own ideas.

not being serious, just driving by and making fun of megaman as a game and also making fun of the concept of authenticity to a classic megaman game. disclaimer i enjoyed battle network, or a battle network, one of them, i don't know which theyre all the same.
Nektonico
Level 2

Time traveller graffiti

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2013, 09:07:37 PM »

The art style is so different to any megaman game.
Its like its halfway between the original games and the megaman-x games. I like it, but i personally prefer the simplicity of the original cartoonish characters and style in general. There was a certain unintentional naivety to them that was endearing.
The megaman-x games had a loathsome art style. Too convoluted and with more realistic proportions. And the boss designs were just plain bad. They tried to make it edgier and went off the deep end.

Also, im glad Inafune  is making it on his own.

He was built by the worlds finest surgeons to drive the fastest car ever designed and nothing can stop him now. ಠ_ృ
“The greatest misfortune is when theory outstrips performance.” - Leonardo DaVinci
Meatsack
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2013, 05:57:30 AM »

what does the world need, oscar? is it another megaman game made by the team that made the last two, but this one sticks it to the man because some people will pay 10000 dollars instead of 5?

Why do people keep buying pepperoni pizzas?  I mean, it's essentially the same damn pizza that's been around for as long as pizza and pepperonis have known each other!  You'd think people would be tired of eating over 100 pepperoni pizzas by now.  Places are making specialty pizzas now.  Many also offer alternative menu items that aren't even pizza.  So why the hell are people still buying pepperoni pizzas?  Move on...

Writer, Game Maker, Day-Dreamer... 
The current project is Super Gunball DEMO
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic