Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 06:13:21 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCurse of the Bastards
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Curse of the Bastards  (Read 12238 times)
!Kent2D
Level 0

Bring a torch!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2013, 06:54:34 PM »

Just exported some stuff! Let me know what you guys think! :D (this is not actuall a log since I did those last week, I just hadn't had the time to show it!)

I'm throwing those on Tumblr on tomorrow's log.

ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2013, 08:15:17 PM »

those attack animations look bland

clockwrk_routine
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2013, 08:32:30 PM »

it's hard making juicy attack animations with vector graphics ---- finding this out now.
Sved
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2013, 09:53:29 PM »

I think the issue is that there's no acceleration or inertia in your movements, so it doesn't feel powerful.

Your character is a badass in heavy armor, you could make his breathing much slower with a slow down on full inhale and full exhale, and his attack movements start slow, reach maximum speed then stop hard with inertia on clothing or armor elements around.

... but that is mostly psychological. Check my devlog!
karlozalb
Level 5

Do or do not.There is no try.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2013, 01:22:15 AM »

I think the issue is that there's no acceleration or inertia in your movements, so it doesn't feel powerful.

Your character is a badass in heavy armor, you could make his breathing much slower with a slow down on full inhale and full exhale, and his attack movements start slow, reach maximum speed then stop hard with inertia on clothing or armor elements around.

Agree.

And about the walk animation, It seems like he was running but at walking speed.

Anyway, keep up the good work! Smiley
!Kent2D
Level 0

Bring a torch!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2013, 10:39:16 AM »

those attack animations look bland
it's hard making juicy attack animations with vector graphics ---- finding this out now.

Yah, I'm having a hard time with Spriter! D: They should look rougher, heavier, more "noticeable" if you will. I'll try improving them as I can, but so far I'm not really aware of what I'm doing wrong. All I know is that I don't 100% like the ending result :{ I'll study into that.

Hmmm o.o that's quite a point. Awesome! :D That's a great starting point! Thanks alot Sved! I'll try working on that right away!

Agree.

And about the walk animation, It seems like he was running but at walking speed.

Anyway, keep up the good work! Smiley

Oh, That's actually because I put the gif together on After Effects, so it's not his real walking speed! Perhaps I should build a playable preview so It shows exactly what I'm doing and what it's looking like!

Sved
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2013, 05:15:40 PM »

I'm not sure if Brashmonkey already implemented easing curves, but that would be what you need to tweak to get your move more dynamic:

You can still do it by hand though, but it's less convenient.

... but that is mostly psychological. Check my devlog!
!Kent2D
Level 0

Bring a torch!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2013, 06:17:10 PM »

I'm not sure if Brashmonkey already implemented easing curves, but that would be what you need to tweak to get your move more dynamic:

You can still do it by hand though, but it's less convenient.

That's awesome! Thanks alot again Sved! I'll keep an eye for the release of this update. As for doing it by hand, I suppose it would be a viable option. But since the update is coming soon, maybe I should abstain myself from correcting the animations since it might take me a while to work with what I have for now. I'll go back to drawing tiles for now!

karlozalb
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2013, 04:12:20 AM »

Check out Spine by Esoteric Software too, It's a very good tool and a lot of improvements are coming, like Free Form Deformation and Inverse Kinematics. We're using it for our game and the results are good! (Look at the main character animations If you want) Smiley
!Kent2D
Level 0

Bring a torch!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2013, 09:25:52 AM »

Check out Spine by Esoteric Software too, It's a very good tool and a lot of improvements are coming, like Free Form Deformation and Inverse Kinematics. We're using it for our game and the results are good! (Look at the main character animations If you want) Smiley

At some point I downloaded and tested SPINE! It's an awesome tool, but Spriter works better for me for one simple reason: Since Curse of the Bastards is a Solo Project, I'm using construct to work better with the programming. Spriter is fully compatible with Construct 2, as for Spine I'd have to take a look! D: But thanks for the hint! I'll look a little further into it!

!Kent2D
Level 0

Bring a torch!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2013, 07:05:41 PM »

Would you guys have any feedbacks on the portraits ? :D

ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2013, 07:09:52 PM »

I like them a lot  (and the overall style of the game)

tho will the game be 18+?

S16VATR
Level 0

卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2013, 07:23:41 PM »

femal character not showing enough boob adn leg
The_Otherworld_Agency
Level 0

Making awesome audio for awesome games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2013, 12:40:09 AM »

Mmmm dat vampiric nip.  Evil

~The Otherworld Agency~
www.theotherworldagency.com
A global team of 30+ composers and sound designers
Creds: Eitr, Crossy Road, Tiny Wizard, PAC-MAN 256, Hacknet
!Kent2D
Level 0

Bring a torch!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2013, 05:27:57 PM »

I like them a lot  (and the overall style of the game)

tho will the game be 18+?

Nope! The nipple is not going to appear in the in-game portrait. Somewhat like Castlevania SotN's Succubus. Plus, partial nudity is not +18, is it ? I'll change it if I have too :p the sprite is covered enough. (I don't WANT to change it though)

!Kent2D
Level 0

Bring a torch!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2013, 12:08:03 PM »

This week I've been working on some of the enemies! So far I only have different kinds of skeleton and zombies! Also, this weekend I made the first boss! :D This is a preview of his face!

migrafael
Level 3

Making games, two at a time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2013, 12:38:49 PM »

WOW! This looks amazing. I combed the entire thread to try and figure out what you use to animate.

Yeah, spriter is good and all, but you still cant use easing curves or place keyframes in just one type of transformation (rotation, translation,scale). Until then animations will look a little boring...

I used spriter for the animations in this devlog but we'll probably use something different like spine since spriter is still not at pro-level.

On STEAM ยป
karlozalb
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2013, 01:55:04 PM »

This week I've been working on some of the enemies! So far I only have different kinds of skeleton and zombies! Also, this weekend I made the first boss! :D This is a preview of his face!

You're style is simply amazing
!Kent2D
Level 0

Bring a torch!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2013, 03:10:06 PM »

WOW! This looks amazing. I combed the entire thread to try and figure out what you use to animate.

Yeah, spriter is good and all, but you still cant use easing curves or place keyframes in just one type of transformation (rotation, translation,scale). Until then animations will look a little boring...

I used spriter for the animations in this devlog but we'll probably use something different like spine since spriter is still not at pro-level.

Haha thanks for the compliments man! :D Your work is AWESOME aswell! :O Just saw the devlog! Great style!

Yeah, I agree... I use spriter because it integrates really well with Construct 2. If I don't use it, the game will probably triple in size. I also feel like it's not much of a professional software right now either! But I'm waiting for the Build 6, wich will introduce easeing curves, wrap transform and some other stuff! I expect to use the best of spriter, even if I have to reinvent a way to use it! I stopped making character animations for a while because I also feel like it's a little bit rusty :p

You're style is simply amazing

Thanks a bunch Karloz! Things are starting to get a descent shape, so I hope I can go through the whole project with the same graphic study! Let's see how it goes Smiley

!Kent2D
Level 0

Bring a torch!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2014, 01:47:41 PM »

I'm resuming the development of Curse of the Bastards after a little while in pause! :D I had some money issues in the first half of this year so I had to focus on some other works, but well, it's all fine now, so it's back up! Stay tuned for more information :D

My first worry after the game cooled down for a while was rework the art with the things and tools I learned and developed these last few months. The animations now should run alot smoother! I'll update stuff as it goes! Smiley

If you have any questions or suggestions, please, let me know!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic