Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411509 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 11:18:47 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignThe games you designed as a child (image heavy)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: The games you designed as a child (image heavy)  (Read 21272 times)
sergiocornaga
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2008, 06:38:35 AM »

When I get my computer working again, I'll upload something. I have some hundreds of paper games I drew when I was little.

But hey, what would you guys say if we made a compo or something like that out of these ideas? "Childhood game remakes"?

I would participate.

Can't wait to see yours Hempuli, I knew you'd have some since a few of your games look like they were drawn on paper and put together on a computer.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2008, 08:14:00 AM »

hempuli's would be god-like.
i cannot contain my excitement.

Hempuliā€½
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2008, 09:57:33 AM »

hempuli's would be god-like.
i cannot contain my excitement.

Just let it come out. Into a bucket, if I may regard. I'll have to install the scanner drivers before I can amuse you with those. (Formatting and reinstalling a computer was actually very easy!)

William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2008, 03:52:53 AM »

Just now I remembered a particular game that I planned when I was young that I'd really like to do now, or for the possible-future Childhood Game Compo. The game was all based around a single concept, that the player would never be allowed to rest. Through the whole game, they would always be being chased by something, or on some kind of unstoppable vehicle, or fighting a boss, or being shot at/attacked, or any combination of these. I guess this concept is already in effect in certain rail-shooter type games, but this would focus much more on running away than attacking. What brought back memories of it was this section in Abe's Exoddus where you have to run through a series of screens, being chased by four, five different types of enemy. Every time you escape one, you end up dropped in front of something else.

In my original plan for the game, it was called 'Nebula Starfalling', because the story was that all the stars were exploding for some reason, and you had to stop it. I planned out this elaborate sequence in which the player had to fly a glider through a canyon, using whales' blowholes to give him lift, while pursued by a giant flying manta ray, which eventually chased him into a stone temple that was gradually demolished and filled with water, until the huge stone spire fell and crushed the manta ray boss. Then the player had to ride the manta ray's corpse down into an underwater cavern.

FishyBoy
Level 7

Make like a tree and get the hell out of here

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2008, 09:55:10 AM »

Just now I remembered a particular game that I planned when I was young that I'd really like to do now, or for the possible-future Childhood Game Compo. The game was all based around a single concept, that the player would never be allowed to rest. Through the whole game, they would always be being chased by something, or on some kind of unstoppable vehicle, or fighting a boss, or being shot at/attacked, or any combination of these. I guess this concept is already in effect in certain rail-shooter type games, but this would focus much more on running away than attacking. What brought back memories of it was this section in Abe's Exoddus where you have to run through a series of screens, being chased by four, five different types of enemy. Every time you escape one, you end up dropped in front of something else.

In my original plan for the game, it was called 'Nebula Starfalling', because the story was that all the stars were exploding for some reason, and you had to stop it. I planned out this elaborate sequence in which the player had to fly a glider through a canyon, using whales' blowholes to give him lift, while pursued by a giant flying manta ray, which eventually chased him into a stone temple that was gradually demolished and filled with water, until the huge stone spire fell and crushed the manta ray boss. Then the player had to ride the manta ray's corpse down into an underwater cavern.
That sounds ridiculously fun.
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2008, 01:22:46 AM »

Yeah man, you've gotta do that. In all honesty. Those Chase Sections in Abe's Exoddus were rather intense. I mean, the entire game blew my mind at the time, but those parts were extra fun.

Plus, Giant Manta Rays!

Also, in more horrifying* news, I can't find my old game designs. Other, than of course, my dreadful 11 year old Pokemon/Digimon phase. Unfortunately, also my most prolific phase. There are mere scraps of the others. I must search harder.

*Well it bothers me.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic