Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411951 Posts in 69435 Topics- by 58482 Members - Latest Member: Maiu

June 12, 2024, 08:03:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSanctuaryRPG - ASCII based roguelike RPG!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: SanctuaryRPG - ASCII based roguelike RPG!  (Read 1421 times)
sanctuaryrpg
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2013, 03:03:14 PM »

Let me tell you a bit about SanctuaryRPG!

SanctuaryRPG is a text-based roguelike inspired game that entered development in late 2012. It utilizes ASCII art, along with the imagination of the player, to create a world of wizards and warlocks, ghosts and goblins, and soups and salads. In addition to having six playable character classes, the player can also choose among nine unique races, explore the game world, and engage in many quests. As the plot thickens throughout the game, the player can craft items under an apprenticeship, wander the countryside, fight creatures, and if the player is charming enough, even romance a lovely cow!

The game features a classic turn-based battle system, involving many different styles of attack, a diverse array of weapons, and magic abilities. The monsters you fight each have different strengths, weaknesses, and abilities. SanctuaryRPG features a combat system with a classic RPG style interface (in ASCII form). There is also a streamlined leveling system based on experience points (gained from battle) and skill points (like dexterity and strength).

SanctuaryRPG’s fans often describe the game as having a “choose-your-own-adventure” game feel; it offers classic dungeon-crawling gameplay that is inspired by Nethack, Zork, and Legend of the Red Dragon. SanctuaryRPG also borrows design elements from classic games such as Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest. It has a lot of replay value, and huge opportunity for community involvement (making choices, picking character aspects, etc).

We’re still looking to get our name out in the indie gaming community. As you can imagine, with a unique game like SanctuaryRPG, it’s proven to be very difficult. We do have pages in progress on Reddit, Twitter, and other social media sites, but a shout-out of sorts would be fabulous and hugely beneficial from someone with your level of fame. We are not trying to force you to do anything, just humbly asking for a favor from someone as passionate about gaming as we are. Any and all feedback/comments are also gladly welcome.

Our reddit forum is located at www.reddit.com/r/SanctuaryRPG , and contains links to all of our other connections (social media, downloads, etc).

To download SanctuaryRPG, click here!
Sly
Level 0

Pug Collector

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 02:50:36 PM »

Hey there, I checked out your game on Reddit and wanted to say your game looks great, and I'm really looking forward to play it. Also, I was wondering if you would grant me your approval of myself making a video of your game on YouTube. The video would feature some gameplay and a review (I would of course be gentle with the review since your game is still in development). I'm not very known on YouTube and this video would be one of my first videos, but I feel like it would really get not only your game out there, but my name and this forum as well. Thank you for your time! (Posting a similar message on a few other games on this site).

sanctuaryrpg
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 01:19:54 PM »

Hey CapnSquidlet,

Absolutely! We'd be glad for you to make a video on our game. Do enjoy, and let us know when it's finished so we can feature it!
Sly
Level 0

Pug Collector

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 02:21:11 PM »

Hey CapnSquidlet,

Absolutely! We'd be glad for you to make a video on our game. Do enjoy, and let us know when it's finished so we can feature it!

Awesome, I'll definitely post it here if I end up doing it, thanks for your support!

sanctuaryrpg
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 10:18:01 AM »

Bump!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic