Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411486 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 09:40:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsCommonplace BookUnholy Puppets
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Unholy Puppets  (Read 3330 times)
Room89
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: November 08, 2008, 03:38:29 PM »

196 Daemons, when desiring an human form for evil purposes, take to themselves the bodies of hanged men.
I got a late start, but this compo is just to damn exciting to past up.
The only thing harder than materializing this idea in three weeks, is choosing which one to commit to. They’re all so good.

The CP quote pretty much sums up the concept of the game. You’ll play an unholy spawn who will attempt to achieve it’s evil deeds through the use of lifeless, stinking, rotting corpses still bound by the very instrument of their destruction (a rope). You’ll have to choose your man puppet wisely if you hope to succeed in your damning endeavors.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 05:02:18 PM by Room89 » Logged
Cymon
Level 9

Computer Kid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 06:54:01 AM »

Is it going to have ragdoll physics? Or even better, control like ragdoll kungfu.

Cymon's Games, free source code, tutorials, and a new game every week!
Follow me on twitter
Cray
Level 0

can't upload an avatar :(

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 12:00:35 AM »

Has potential. What type of genre is it going to be? Is the player going to be stuck in the same place the whole time or jump from man to man?

▓█▓ rpg maker vx
▓█▓ cemetery manager
Room89
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 01:01:24 AM »

Is it going to have ragdoll physics? Or even better, control like ragdoll kungfu.
No ragdoll for this one. Although, that would make for a much more challenging control system. I didn't have any complex physics in mind for the initial design, so at this point it would only be eye candy. Also, I'm developing this game with the TGB engine, which unfortunately doesn't have a robust physics system. Which is too bad... I am enjoying it otherwise.

PS I tried your Flashcards, I liked it. Math games always remind me of playing Math Blaster when I was young. Its funny... I recently started developing an idea I had for a simple math game that I'll probably start working on after this compo.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 01:23:29 AM by Room89 » Logged
Room89
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 01:21:39 AM »

You’ll start each scene as a daemon that (at this point) will have no effect on NPC's or the environment. You may use the daemon to run around and develop your tact for achieving the goal (example: burn a carriage while someone is asleep in side). You'll then choose a hanged man to embody. Now you have impact on the world. You WILL be able to switch bodies, and you most likely will have to multiple times in every scene. But you can't just exit a body when you wish. You must kill the body again to revert back to your daemon form.  
Cray
Level 0

can't upload an avatar :(

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 03:39:01 AM »

Interesting!

Sounds like it'll be a tough task designing levels, good luck with those Room89 Smiley

▓█▓ rpg maker vx
▓█▓ cemetery manager
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic