Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 08:58:33 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingGame Demo Aurora
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Game Demo Aurora  (Read 1225 times)
gabethegeek
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2013, 08:05:27 AM »

Hey TIG community,

Me and a friend have been working on Aurora, our first game as a mobile and web games company over the last few months and we want you to play the latest early beta demo. The game is pretty straight forward, defend your base through a series of waves and a boss fight at the end o f each level. This is the level one demo.

My short intro...
My name is Gabriel, a tech enthusiast, game developer, entrepreneur, and active community builder. I like helping people succeed, giving advice, trying new technology and new ventures.

We don't want to give too much info about the game because we want you to just play it. Please give us your good and bad impressions! Love or hate it, tell us why.

Direct Game Link: http://raizinstudios.com/raizin/aurora/demo/
Link for Tracking goo.gl/AtMol0

Disclaimer: © 2013 Raizin Studios LLC. All rights reserved. Aurora is the property of Raizin Studios LLC. All design graphics and sounds are considered temporary and may not reflect final product. Please email me(Gabe) or Shawn at [email protected] or [email protected] for direct contact.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 02:36:51 PM by gabethegeek » Logged
Simon Barsky
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 10:41:32 AM »

Well, first off it's way too zoomed in. It's really hard to get a feel for where you are in relation to the home planet, maybe show the distance or have a mini map? Enemies flew on and off the screen without much time to react. Having the window for the store located in world space is really weird. There's no good reason to have your menu cut off.
The planets looked quite cool Smiley
gabethegeek
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 11:04:57 AM »

Well, first off it's way too zoomed in. It's really hard to get a feel for where you are in relation to the home planet, maybe show the distance or have a mini map? Enemies flew on and off the screen without much time to react. Having the window for the store located in world space is really weird. There's no good reason to have your menu cut off.
The planets looked quite cool Smiley

First, thanks for taking the time to play! The ability to zoom in and out is something we definitely will look at. It seems to be common theme. We do have a mini map planned in the near future. Hopefully adjusting the zoom allow reaction more reaction time for the player. REALLY appreciate your time.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 08:35:23 AM by gabethegeek » Logged
gabethegeek
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 09:03:11 AM »

Hey guys,

Just wanted to update everyone on the game. It is now on steam concepts for feedback  also. Could use votes.

New UI Updates
Mini Map Added to Game
Ability to Zoom in and out
New enemies and special affects.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=198473123

Here is a link to a quick youtube video of sample gameplay :

New Updated UI and enemies.

Prads
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 02:29:34 AM »

I played it until the 'Thanks for playing' screen popped up. Interesting game. Since the enemy were popping in and out of the screen so fast, I just couldn't aim them properly to kill them. I was just shooting in all random direction and hoping I was hurting them. And that missile thing is just too slow, like you shoot that thing and it takes some seconds to gain speed and fly in one direction and by the time it does that the enemies are long gone.
You mentioned there is zoom ability but I couldn't figure out how to zoom. I tried mouse scroll but that didn't do anything.
That weapon select icon at the bottom right corner of the screen, I would click that thing by mistake so many times while I was shooting at the enemy.
Also I didn't understand what the red and blue progress bar meant which popped up frequently at the top part of the screen.

gabethegeek
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 09:34:41 AM »

I played it until the 'Thanks for playing' screen popped up. Interesting game. Since the enemy were popping in and out of the screen so fast, I just couldn't aim them properly to kill them. I was just shooting in all random direction and hoping I was hurting them. And that missile thing is just too slow, like you shoot that thing and it takes some seconds to gain speed and fly in one direction and by the time it does that the enemies are long gone.
You mentioned there is zoom ability but I couldn't figure out how to zoom. I tried mouse scroll but that didn't do anything.
That weapon select icon at the bottom right corner of the screen, I would click that thing by mistake so many times while I was shooting at the enemy.
Also I didn't understand what the red and blue progress bar meant which popped up frequently at the top part of the screen.

Prads,

Game controls are listed on the page under the game, we've not included that information in the game yet via tutorial. Hopefully i can shed light on your feedback.

• "Thank you for playing" is the losing screen, more detail will be added so you will know what happened.
  • Zooming in and out has three zoom levels 33%, 66% and 100% - This can be done using the "TAB" button.
  • This is something we need to look at, if weapons prove ineffective, we will see if an adjustment needs to be made. Have you tried upgrading your missiles?
  • Mouse scrolling will only swap weapons. You can also use the number keys.
  • The weapons slot current position will be changed in a future build or made so that the player cannot change weapons with the mouse. 
  • The UI bars at the top indicate your last targeted enemy(Red = core health, blue = active shields). This is also something that we will take a look at and make sure that information is passed to the player.

Thanks for playing the game and giving me and my partner so much feedback. EVERYTHING you mentioned will be looked at and help us make changes for the better. Please let me know if i can return the favor.

Also, would you mind looking at a fullscreen version? It's not full optimized yet but playable.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/gabebucket/aurora.swf
Prads
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 08:36:38 PM »

Opps didn't noticed the controls description under the game. haha
I tried the fullscreen version but was unplayable due to lag.

gabethegeek
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 07:34:41 AM »

Opps didn't noticed the controls description under the game. haha
I tried the fullscreen version but was unplayable due to lag.

It's all good! The tutorial is something we have in the game but needs to be updated due to rapid changes. The fullscreen web version is something we are trying to solve, unfortunately, it's uses a lot of GPU. So, for now, we plan on a PC downloadable to solve that and it runs like butter.

Thanks again for the feedback.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic