Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 27, 2024, 02:47:50 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid Work[paid] Looking for contract Game Designer / QA Lead
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [paid] Looking for contract Game Designer / QA Lead  (Read 1020 times)
TinTruck
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: September 20, 2013, 10:20:46 AM »

Tin Truck is a small indie studio working on its second title, Grem Legends 2.

We're well along in the development schedule, but the game needs play balancing and final testing. We're looking for a solid game designer to lead our play testing efforts and manage the project to completion.

This is hybrid role -- we need solid QA, but the work definitely includes significant design components. Grem Legends 2 is an arcade/action game and we need to better tune how enemy waves come at the player.

You'll be responsible for:

- making design decisions on how enemy waves will work
 - recommending minor improvements as we can afford
 - fine-tuning boss fights
 - communicating with the dev team and logging issues/bugs
 - pulling together volunteer testers
 - testing both game play and interface
 - regular communication with the producer, manage schedule and progress to completion
 - submission to the iOS App Store

We anticipate that this is a part-time (nights/weekends/odd hours) sort of thing and are happy to work remotely if you prefer. That said, if you live in the California Bay Area, that would be a big plus. We have plans for future games and would welcome the chance to get to know someone in the area.

Rate is negotiable and may include performance bonuses depending on your experience and contributions. Contract position. If you're looking to break into games, we're open to working with you, but you'll need to show that you can really stay on top of the work. You'll get credit in the game as a "designer / lead QA".

You will need to have an iPhone 5/iPod Touch and an iPad 2 or greater, and be well familiar with iOS games, Facebook and Twitter.

To apply, please send an email and resume directly to [email protected].

Thanks!

- Tin Truck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 10:24:10 AM »

All,

Got a question from one of the folks who responded and want to clarify: this is a paid project -- the mention of bonus does not mean to imply any of us would be working "on spec" or for a revenue share. Your time is valuable, and to be candid, I'm looking to work with someone who will be committed to the project more so than just a "volunteer" might.

I think this is a great opportunity -- the game is 85% done: with your help we can get it across the finish line and add a nice bit of experience to your resume.

Look forward to more responses,

- Scott

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 10:54:38 AM »

I'm going to assume that this isn't your first time through certification judging by the title of the project (which hints at a sequel)?
TinTruck
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 10:56:36 AM »

That's correct. It's actually the 4th app I'll have produced for the iOS App Store, but the second for Tin Truck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 04:19:19 PM »

still looking?
If so, you can PM me.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic