Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411476 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58424 Members - Latest Member: FlyingFreeStudios

April 23, 2024, 04:56:48 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsHEAVY BULLETS
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Print
Author Topic: HEAVY BULLETS  (Read 41261 times)
Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: March 30, 2014, 12:17:53 PM »

Feedback from Friday night play session

• People, including myself, want to climb the ladders on the first level. It's confusing!
  • You might not want a jump to affect gameplay at all, but people like to jump in games. Consider adding a useless jump.

terri
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: March 31, 2014, 04:59:08 AM »

Linux users that are having problems with the mouse, check this out:
http://www.gamingonlinux.com/articles/have-mouse-problems-in-unity3d-games-on-linux-see-here-for-fixes.3377

Feedback from Friday night play session

• People, including myself, want to climb the ladders on the first level. It's confusing!
  • You might not want a jump to affect gameplay at all, but people like to jump in games. Consider adding a useless jump.

thanks for the feedback!

jpnk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 01, 2014, 09:25:01 AM »

thanks for the links. fortunately i'm not affected by the mouse bug because it doesn't show up at the mouse sensitivity of 2.5-3 (which i'm most comfortable with) and relatively low resolution in the windowed mode. there were some general performance issues and strange freezes when i played in the fullscreen mode at the default resolution. i'll need to play the game some more to figure out when exactly those show up (i've only played it once so far).

about the difficulty: maybe it's the turrets? i remember not being able to make it past the third level because i thought you can kill them only with bombs. i also remember saving money in the bank to buy lives and stuff in the next game - that helped a lot. i kinda don't want to see the game get less difficult but i'm also quite biased by this point.
terri
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: April 01, 2014, 10:32:18 AM »

So, how would you feel about buying the Linux version with these problems? Honestly I beginning to feel like I might not be able to fix most of them, and wouldn't want anyone to feel like they bought a broken product. A lot of them seem to be issues with the engine and out of my scope.

The difficulty will be small tweaks, I've already worked them in. Game is still hard, but a tiny bit more forgiving. For example, the Bomb Bug would instantly charge at you when you're in it's line of sight, but now it hesitates a bit before charging, giving you more reaction time (just a tiny bit though, you're still screwed if you're running into areas without being careful)

jpnk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 01, 2014, 11:43:40 AM »

you see, the shadow problem only affects users with intel cards, mouse related issues seem to affect all similar games, and the performance issues i mentioned are probably just due to my aging hardware. i brought them up only because i didn't have them before, they started showing up in the previous vesion but weren't that noticeable. i just thought they shouldn't appear only because you added some more levels. so i think you should sell it. just make sure to mention the mouse and shadow problems. linux users in general are more tech savvy and more willing to go an extra mile. it's a shame that unity devs don't pay enough attention to the platform but with Steam OS gaining momentum that can change. when it comes to me personally then as i said the mouse problem doesn't affect me, shadows would be a bonus but i still enjoy the game without them and performance issues can be nullified by decreasing resolution, which is again not that big of a deal. the core gameplay totally justifies buying the game in my opinion.
terri
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: April 01, 2014, 12:45:08 PM »

makes sense. I guess if they're not happy with how the game runs in their machine they can always get a refund. I'll look into putting up a warning at least

terri
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: April 02, 2014, 08:51:02 AM »

V0.11 is live on Humble!
Changes:
- QUIT GAME added to MAIN MENU
- ITEM DESCRIPTION added to PAUSE SCREEN
- LOWER DIFFICULTY: Raised enemy reaction delay, lowered movement speed
- SKULL ICON added over BOSS AREA's doors
- LOGO removed from VENDING MACHINES
- POISON damage is slower
- Item description SPACE TO ACTIVATE changed to USE ITEM
- TURRET PROJECTILE collision and speed tweaked
- Fixed flipped VM bug.
- Added 3 items that spawn in SECRET WALLS
- New game now starts with 5 bullets loaded, 1 in the inventory

jpnk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 04, 2014, 11:04:51 PM »

- dunno what i did exactly but after fiddling with the resolution i had a smooth run at 1280x1024 (the native resolution). no freezes, no nothing. strange.
- the health bar doesn't display your actual health, the hearts are all greyed out.
-
here i just killed a kitty. the point where i'm standing is just a notch away from the previous position - when i was standing there the kitty wouldn't notice me.

and here the kitty would totally notice me if it wasn't again for the dead turret. is this a bug?
- i still want a loading screen.
- man, it's so annoying when the first boss has only the last battery left and keeps rotating so that i can't hit it:) did kill the beast but died myself. i also bought all the bullet magnet upgrades and when i was circling the boss the fired bullets were chasing me unable to catch up with me.
- if there's one thing that annoys me in this game it's collecting goddamn pennies when you have no coin magnet upgrades. i can be less OCD about it but on the other hand the prices are kinda steep. i find Paranautical Activity to me more pleasant when it comes to collecting money (i haven't actually played it, only watched a few let's play videos).
jpnk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 05, 2014, 01:08:23 AM »

http://edmundm.com/post/81109423847/so-how-is-the-save-feature-going-to-work-in-rebirth
wanna add something like this?
terri
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: April 05, 2014, 04:58:38 AM »

interesting bit about the native resolution, I have no idea why the health bar screwed up though, its the first time I've seen that bug

yeah I've seen that AI bug sometimes, I need to hunt it down. it usually does involve a turret in the way, its probably just blocking the imp's raycast

for the first boss, try using bombs as well, or try changing the direction when circling him

thanks for the input on the coins, I'll play around with the default magnets, but in the meantime I suggest going for the upgrades!

a save system is probably not going to happen, even if you beat the game it shouldn't take too much longer than like 30 minutes anyways

Reilly
Level 2

14/f/tx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: April 06, 2014, 12:50:37 PM »

God dammit, gringz! I had no idea this was you!

terri
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: April 06, 2014, 01:05:02 PM »

God dammit, gringz! I had no idea this was you!

I bet deep inside your heart you knew all along

Reilly
Level 2

14/f/tx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: April 06, 2014, 01:16:10 PM »

u rite, u rite

terri
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: April 12, 2014, 06:09:25 AM »

Next update is almost ready, should be up withing the next few days.

Added a few options to the bank, now you can sell and store items
http://heavybullets.com/media/140412_SS.webm

terri
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: April 15, 2014, 10:29:45 AM »

Hey everyone, BETA 0.12 is up for download on Humble.

Here are some changes:
V0.12
- Fixed SLOW TURRET bug where you kept moving slowly after killing it
- Enemies AI line of sight bug tweaked
- UI blinks when you pick something up
- Added instructions when you equip a BACKPACK
- Added CLICK SOUND when reloading with a full chamber
- Added 1 new item that spawns in SECRET WALLS
- Fixed bug where a passive item's TOOLTIP would be wrong when you started a new level
- BANK now has SELL ITEM and ITEM STORAGE (persistent) options
- Added VALUABLE ITEMS (SMALL ORE, ORE CHUNK, DIAMOND, HEAVY ORE)
- TURRETS play sound when activated
- Added new SPAWN BLOCKS with various props (trees, boulders)
- Added HIGH GRASS VEGETATION (blocks line of sight)
- INTRO TEXT added on NEW GAME, END TEXT added on GAME WON, PROGRESS BAR added on level progression
- Tweaked POTION model
- Tweaked BULLET and COIN jumps

Xienen
Level 3

Greater Good Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: May 03, 2014, 04:59:50 PM »

Bought the game a few weeks ago and finally got around to playing it a couple days ago(version 0.12)...really just such an awesome game!  It's really rare that I enjoy a game and particularly a randomly generated game, but you've made something magical here. Well designed and balanced already; the game is intense, yet playable. Plenty of things to add and improve on, sure, but it's already a great experience.

Keep up the good work!  Toast Right

terri
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: May 05, 2014, 06:13:48 AM »

Thanks Xienen!
Next build should be up within the next couple of weeks - with a bunch of new stuff!

terri
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: May 15, 2014, 08:04:05 AM »

Hey everyone! Big news, Heavy Bullets has been picked up by Devolver Digital. We have been working very hard the last few weeks and now a new build of the game is up, with music and sfx by DOSEONE!

Here's a complete list of changes:
V0.14
- DOSESONE contributes with MUSIC and SFX!
- DEVOLVER DIGITAL logo splash screen added
- TELEPORTER and PROXIMITY SENSOR now spawn as chest items
- 6 BULLETS removed from chest item spawns
- UI redesigned, information split into different screens
- Fixed SLOW TURRET bug where it would freeze
- Added AUTO ROCKET TURRET spawns
- Added 1 new SECRET ITEM
- PICKAXE attack now hits enemies as well as rocks
- Fixed ROCKET/TALL GRASS bug
- Added IMAGE EFFECTS (and options to turn them off)
- Added LOW HEALTH MUSIC and IMAGE EFFECTS
- TELEPORTER's PORTAL can be cancelled by holding down ITEM KEY
- SCREEN FLASH when LEECH STONE HEALS.
- Fixed ITEM EFFECT description bug when using BACKPACK
- LAST WILL cancels LIFE INSURANCE (possible exploit fix)
- Darkened GRASS

The game is also now available on Steam Early Access and Humble Store.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/297120

edit: just noticed this is missing from the changelog, but in this build you can also set the keys in game!

Reilly
Level 2

14/f/tx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: May 15, 2014, 08:25:23 AM »

Nice, congrats!!!

terri
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: May 15, 2014, 12:47:59 PM »

Thanks Reilly!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8