Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 08:26:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsHEAVY BULLETS
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: HEAVY BULLETS  (Read 41102 times)
terri
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2013, 04:41:24 AM »

V0.07 should be out this week or the next. Various updates that I will go through when its released, but among them is new vegetation:

and blowing up rocks:

« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 04:58:01 AM by terri » Logged

coah
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2013, 04:57:00 AM »

It looks very nice. Looking forward to playing this again with some new stuff as I haven't played it in a while.

Did you know about the Giant Bomb video on the game? not sure that's been mentioned here at all.
terri
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2013, 05:16:53 AM »

I didn't, thanks for the heads up!
Makes me want to get this new version out even quicker, some stuff he had a hard time with shouldn't be a problem anymore.
Except killing turrets, he's still going to have to figure that one out.

antoniodamala
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2013, 04:10:13 PM »

YEAH
Carrion
Level 10

crowbro

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2013, 09:01:19 PM »

this gon b good  Corny Laugh

ori
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2013, 10:43:46 PM »

Looks very interesting, will give demo a try in few hours, excited.

update: I reached second level, lovely game, I wonder if colors and texture will change in later levels, it feels like a night or underground (since we came down from somewhere high right?) action and i kept hoping to get to a place full of light and well different in sensation. may be i should try to reach level 3 )
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 01:11:53 AM by ori » Logged

I have been doing interaction design for the last decade, designed Shapist puzzle and working on TALLNUM & KoriKori now... follow me on Twitter . Space cowboy, father of two lemons
terri
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2013, 05:26:10 AM »

Looks very interesting, will give demo a try in few hours, excited.

update: I reached second level, lovely game, I wonder if colors and texture will change in later levels, it feels like a night or underground (since we came down from somewhere high right?) action and i kept hoping to get to a place full of light and well different in sensation. may be i should try to reach level 3 )

awesome, right now nothing changes, in the next version vegetation will spawn according to which level you're on, but it will still look pretty similar

later on I want to add more variety but I gotta figure some things out first, I kinda built everything around those colored walls and seemed to have cornered myself a bit. I have some ideas but want to take my time and experiment once I start really workin on content

terri
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2013, 07:59:15 AM »

V0.06 is up!

Tons of tweaks, bug fixes, improvements. Most notable:
- Backpack lets you carry 2 types at once
- Pause/options screens
- Plants!

For the next version I have planned, other than whatever feedback I get:
- Music
- New enemies and items

Heres a gif of the new rocket, which replaces the confusing red powder!

antoniodamala
« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2013, 08:16:25 AM »

V0.06 is up!

Tons of tweaks, bug fixes, improvements. Most notable:
- Backpack lets you carry 2 types at once
- Pause/options screens
- Plants!

For the next version I have planned, other than whatever feedback I get:
- Music
- New enemies and items

Heres a gif of the new rocket, which replaces the confusing red powder!

YES THANK YOU LORD
jpnk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2013, 11:34:03 AM »

- jumping coins are a very welcome addition.
- rockets look better than red powder but they aren't very precise, are they? the two times i used them against distant targets they hit a wall way above those targets. btw if you ever gonna spice up rockets here's how they work in Xonotic (a quake-like fps): if you fire a rocket by pressing the left button without releasing it you can guide the rocket with the mouse until you release the button. all the rockets you launched that are still in the air can be immediately exploded with the right button.
- i feel a bit like a hockey puck, movement controls felt tighter and more satisfying in 0.05.
- new vegetation is nice but sometimes there are just too many colors on the screen. it feels disorienting. but shadows are not rendered for me (both in 0.05 and 0.06) so maybe with shadows it looks better. if shadows are dynamic then they probably aren't rendered because my graphics card is very low end. otherwise it's a bug.
- tooltips - good for beginners, bad for me:) i couldn't find a switch to turn them off in the settings. i hope it's not in that input setup dialog that's not displayed on linux.
- can't wait for new enemies in the next version.
terri
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2013, 02:50:36 PM »

awesome, thanks!

- rockets are totally off, you are right. I worked on it today and its much better now, should have a quick update on that plus other small things tomorrow or tuesday

- I normalized movement so you didn't move faster diagonally, that shouldn't have changed how the controls felt that much though, I will do some comparison and testing

- tooltip toggle sounds good, will do

- yeah the shadows tone it down, just gave it a run in low quality and I see what you mean

terri
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2013, 05:36:37 AM »

V0.07 is up. Updates:
- Rocket aiming tweaked
- toggle Ui Tooltip
- Hold E to consume items without picking up. (for example, you can use a health potion you just found without having to drop whatever you're holding
- New items Bomb Vest + secret item
- Display glass breaks with explosions

Might be a few weeks between this and next update because I need to focus on work for a bit, unless its just for fixing small bugs.

migrafael
Level 3

Making games, two at a time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2013, 08:23:56 AM »

Looking gooooooood! What do you use 2dtoolkit for if you don't mind me asking. It's a 3d game after all. Going to download for later play.

On STEAM ยป
terri
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2013, 09:01:42 AM »

Thanks! I use 2dtoolkit for UI stuff.

coah
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2013, 02:54:44 AM »

The game is really nice. I just tried the new version and I can really see my self playing this quite a bit in the near future.

Once(if) you sell this, I will definitely be buying it.
terri
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2013, 01:57:44 PM »

Awesome, great to hear! Thanks

RetsamugA
Level 0

indie game developer agumaster-games.blogspot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: November 21, 2013, 02:10:02 PM »

This game totally got me, because its really well designed. Every enemy has a different way to be killed, and you have to take care of resources, making a really cool non-repetitive gameplay. Also love the roguelike style. The graphical style its also awesome.  Grin

world is full of invisible beautiful things
Raonak
Level 0

Dream Module Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: November 21, 2013, 02:12:02 PM »

I saw this on giant bomb, looks goddamn fantastic! Really love the neon artstyle :D
fuguelike
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: November 21, 2013, 06:11:55 PM »

Like the graphics. Kind of reminds me of Fract in a good way.

The right music could make it really great.

terri
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: November 30, 2013, 05:30:51 AM »

Thanks everyone, I've been traveling the last couple of weeks but I'm back and ready to pick this up again.
The last computer I was using was 7 years old and really making it difficult, but I got a new one all fancy and should make things move a bit faster.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic