Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 02:06:04 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsRex Rocket [Released on Steam!]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: Rex Rocket [Released on Steam!]  (Read 35243 times)
somin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2013, 08:19:37 PM »

starting to look really promissing! I like the the bullet reflections, and you really nailed the shoot effect!
what Im unsure off is the overall values and contrast. It seems a little off to me that unimportant details, like the forefround have so much contrast and are visually way more prominent than the player for example. Personally I would try to make the foreground less noisy/ contrasty to help focus the eye on the important gameplay stuff.

@sominklein      WIP Story Exploration Game      WIP Weltenformer      Done CLIMB
beeglebug
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2013, 12:03:28 AM »

Loving the look of this, and those bullet reflectors look really cool.

DrunkDevs
Level 1

Drink beer and make games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2013, 05:35:23 AM »

Everything about this looks awesome. I can't wait to play it.

Want more Drunk Devs?
DrunkDevs.com / Facebook / Twitter

Current Devlog:
Kegbot
CastlePixel
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2013, 05:41:27 AM »

Everything about this looks awesome. I can't wait to play it.

Thanks!!!

Loving the look of this, and those bullet reflectors look really cool.

Thanks!

starting to look really promissing! I like the the bullet reflections, and you really nailed the shoot effect!
what Im unsure off is the overall values and contrast. It seems a little off to me that unimportant details, like the forefround have so much contrast and are visually way more prominent than the player for example. Personally I would try to make the foreground less noisy/ contrasty to help focus the eye on the important gameplay stuff.

Thanks for the great feedback and voicing your view on the foreground issue.   We've done a large number of playtests so far and no one else has mentioned it but it's something that's on my mind.  I'm planning on going through and outlining each levels collision boundary with a deep shade of red to pop out the play area from the static tiles.   I also want to darken the layers between the foreground/background.   

Here's a cap of some new enemies that we are calling energy-bots.   The square (inspired by the dvd logo that bounces around a tv screen when idling) can be shot to reverse it's trajectory and the circle one runs around the perimeter of rooms.  Both can only be killed with the missile launcher.

I'll post a video of the drone-bots later tonight.   Wizard

CastlePixel
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2013, 09:50:59 AM »

The drone bots in action.  They still need to have their spawn times randomized and some tweaks to the drones but are pretty much done.

CastlePixel
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2013, 07:33:14 PM »

Finished this puzzle room today.   

SelfTitled
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2013, 01:43:02 AM »

Its so pretty  Kiss

CastlePixel
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2013, 06:41:54 PM »

Its so pretty  Kiss

Thank you!

CastlePixel
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2013, 04:48:23 PM »

Posted a new kickstarter update  http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1441844041/rex-rocket/posts/637907

Thomas Finch
Level 8

@slowcircuit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2013, 10:42:40 PM »

This looks aweeeesome.

olli
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2013, 12:46:47 AM »

this looks really good, voted for you on greenlight.the screens here look much more crisp and delicious than the videos on greenlight though, might be because the videos feature more lighting effects that makes it look muddy when the vid is compressed?
CastlePixel
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2013, 05:38:05 AM »

This looks aweeeesome.

Thanks Thomas!

this looks really good, voted for you on greenlight.the screens here look much more crisp and delicious than the videos on greenlight though, might be because the videos feature more lighting effects that makes it look muddy when the vid is compressed?

Thanks for the vote on Greenlight, it's greatly appreciated!   The vids on greenlight had to be compressed to be put on youtube and embedded in the steam page so unfortunately there is some quality loss.

CastlePixel
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2013, 09:42:39 AM »

New vid of the barracks zone - http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Oxj1GPXT2FM&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DOxj1GPXT2FM%26feature%3Dyoutu.be

CameronErickson
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2013, 10:09:41 AM »

This game looks wonderful. Very reminiscent of Mega Man but still keeps it's own style and creativity. Love it.
muzzy
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2013, 02:47:14 PM »

This game looks so awesome, I had to create an account here just to voice my support for it.  Definitely giving the thumbs up on Greenlight.
CastlePixel
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2013, 08:22:36 PM »

This game looks so awesome, I had to create an account here just to voice my support for it.  Definitely giving the thumbs up on Greenlight.

You and Cameron made my day  Tongue

CastlePixel
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2013, 06:14:39 AM »

We decided to give the bunker guys some extra bullets that spread out,  the tank does the same but with a bullet that splits into 8 directions.   Also shows off proper usage of the grenades :D

deWiTTERS
Level 1

deWiTTERS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2013, 05:52:20 AM »

That pixel art looks absolutely amazing! Gameplay also seems like a lot of fun. Keep up the good work!

CastlePixel
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2013, 10:55:26 AM »

That pixel art looks absolutely amazing! Gameplay also seems like a lot of fun. Keep up the good work!

Thanks!!  Coffee

friken
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2013, 03:46:21 PM »

Top notch pixel art. Looks really fun. I'll keep an eye on this one.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic