Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411508 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 10:45:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid WorkLooking for Story Writer Estimate
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for Story Writer Estimate  (Read 3174 times)
DrDerekDoctors
THE ARSEHAMMER
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2013, 12:09:28 PM »

most of that is true, except that the idea that more money equals more quality isn't really true.

That's probably why I never said more money equals more quality. Smiley

I'm just saying what a professional freelance games writer would get for general work.

Me, David Williamson and Mark Foster do an Indie Games podcast. Give it a listen. And then I'll send you an apology.
http://pigignorant.com/
DrDerekDoctors
THE ARSEHAMMER
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2013, 12:14:28 PM »

Yea from what I've been looking up that video game writers do I'd hope to now have someone that, when I come to the point of needing a writer, would work along side me to have the story told well through dialogue. I mean I can tell someone exactly who I want to say what but then I could write that myself. I'd hope to find a writer that might look at my game and gameplay and work with me to add dialogue in places that might improve the story aside from writing exactly what I want. With the amount of time I imagine to work with the writer, anything under $100 doesn't seem like it would even cover minimum wage in the US.  

Yup, anyone who was just writing blind wouldn't be doing their job as a scriptwriter. It's absolutely about seeing where writing is needed in the game and what you need to communicate to the player.

Me, David Williamson and Mark Foster do an Indie Games podcast. Give it a listen. And then I'll send you an apology.
http://pigignorant.com/
Chris Koźmik
Level 5

Silver Lemur Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2013, 11:12:07 PM »

It baffles me how cheap most of you are.

generally freelance writers are paid between a dollar and three dollars a page.
Come on???

Some of us actually need food and other things for a living.
My current single guy living expenses are about 700€ / month (Cheap apartment, water/electricity, normal Food) to that comes Internet, Broadcastfees, Trash, Rent, Health Insurance, Phone bills. etc. etc. That amounts to about 1000€ per month.
WITHOUT tax!!!
Not counting furniture, cloths, car fuel & repairs and all the other very expensive things.
It's simple, you live in a too rich country to be a freelancer. In my country, 1000 euro salary would be far more than needed for all expenses (actually, you could support a whole family with that kind of money).
Personally, I feel puzzled why all those people from US and other rich countries even bother to become freelancers...

Stellar Monarch 2 (dev log, IN DEVELOPMENT)
Stellar Monarch (dev log, released)
jddg5wa
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2013, 11:13:39 PM »

Personally, I feel puzzled why all those people from US and other rich countries even bother to become freelancers...

Usually for reasons other than money. It's just that to be a freelancer you usually need money to survive.

"Around here, however, we don't look back for very long. We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
StellaPurple
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2017, 08:34:30 AM »

#WritingCommission Invitation

Quicklinks: Order Form | Email | FAQs | Queue List | Mailing List

Hello~! I hope you find this message well. Can I interest you with some literature commission? o(〃^▽^〃)o

I am the bestselling commission writer in DeviantArt, and I am accepting writing commissions, if you're interested  σ(≧ε≦o)

Details of my #WritingCommission services can be found at my official website: http://sites.google.com/view/writing-commission

Cheers! (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧

Stella Purple
Commission Writer

http://sites.google.com/view/writing-commission

Services: Commission | Ghostwrite | Editing | Graphic Design | Craft
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic