Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411508 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 10:17:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCogmind (sci-fi robot-themed roguelike) - BETA RELEASED
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 71
Print
Author Topic: Cogmind (sci-fi robot-themed roguelike) - BETA RELEASED  (Read 236865 times)
io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1080 on: November 21, 2017, 01:53:12 PM »

Damn, yes I've received one scammer mail asking for keys too (and I have not released anything yet). I didn't even recognize it as a scam. I was lucky to ask someone before sending out a key, as I was more worried about releasing footage too early. I was told to not even respond...
I'm a long time lurker, really cool project!
Have you already started a devlog or posted on twitter or somewhere else?  That would be enough.

io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1081 on: November 21, 2017, 02:07:47 PM »

I'm also wondering about the one you mentioned exclusively recoding FPSs.  Perhaps so far only recorded FPS videos and are branching out into more genres?  Did that person have no followers or was that the only reason why you consider it a potential scam?
LPers don't really do this kind of switch in the first place. If they do they'll generally set up a new channel for a different audience. There are always other factors, too, but I don't have any examples on hand--I delete them all and haven't had any for a while, actually. (It's mostly in the first couple weeks.)
Interesting.  Hmm, I haven't looked much into it, but the youtubers I came across as I was checking out certain videos tended to have gameplays from at least a few genres.  So that's why I was thinking that maybe the person was exploring other genres.

The question still remains: "How well do the SteamSpy numbers represent the actual numbers"? Grin
I don't see why the question still remains--I said they're accurate! Not just from my own experience, but to my knowledge they're pretty accurate for most games. You just have to take into account game-specific factors like other channels through which players can acquire keys (bundles, other platforms, free weekends), approximately how many players it has (low numbers will be inaccurate), how long the game has been out (it takes a little while to get a good average), and more.
Ah, you're right.  I sort of skimmed near the end and missed your reference for your game.  In general though, I've seen people refer to those numbers as absolute numbers (e.g. when comaring if a game had a positive ROI), but that isn't 100% for sure.  Having an 80-90% chance of winning the lottery is not the same as having already won it.  On the other hand, it can be useful if you want to get an idea whether the game has sold hundreds vs thousands of copies.

Kyzrati
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1082 on: November 21, 2017, 10:55:26 PM »

Thanks marcgfx and Voltz.Supreme!

I've seen people refer to those numbers as absolute numbers (e.g. when comaring if a game had a positive ROI), but that isn't 100% for sure.
SteamSpy can barely begin to tell anyone if a game had a positive ROI. There are too many dev-side cost factors that will vary wildly from dev to dev / studio to studio. For some $100,000 is a great ROI, for others it'll be a studio-breaking loss Tongue

So while you can low-ball gross revenue estimates from SteamSpy data, it's barely worth thinking about deriving accurate net revenue stats.

io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1083 on: November 23, 2017, 12:13:22 PM »

I've seen people refer to those numbers as absolute numbers (e.g. when comaring if a game had a positive ROI), but that isn't 100% for sure.
SteamSpy can barely begin to tell anyone if a game had a positive ROI. There are too many dev-side cost factors that will vary wildly from dev to dev / studio to studio. For some $100,000 is a great ROI, for others it'll be a studio-breaking loss Tongue

So while you can low-ball gross revenue estimates from SteamSpy data, it's barely worth thinking about deriving accurate net revenue stats.
Ah, looks like I didn't state it explicitly, but the development costs were released.  At least the certainty on was those were not quite high (depending on the level of "creative accounting" used). Grin

Kyzrati
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1084 on: December 08, 2017, 05:08:11 PM »

I'm back to work on the next release, and have a lot of progress to share in this week's SITREP!

In short: Some corruption-related changes, and several aspects of the robot info window have been revised or added, e.g. ...

Complete immunity lists:

A list of traits:

Robot analysis gets its own window:

Also this week I wrote a bit about information transparency over on r/roguelikedev, where you can also read about how it's approached in some other projects!

Kyzrati
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1085 on: December 11, 2017, 05:17:53 PM »

Year 4 of the Cogmind
[Cross-posted from the devblog here--follow link for better formatting and light-on-dark style.]

Each year in Cogmind development has been bigger than the last, and 2017 was no different!

As in the 2014/2015/2016 summaries, let's start with a collage of images from this year:

Selection of images from the past year of Cogmind development as posted on this blog and Twitter (full mega size here).

In 2017 Cogmind flew through Greenlight, entered Beta after yet more huge content updates, and has since made its way onto Steam, where it's continued to do fairly well as we head into the post-Alpha who-knows-when-this-will-end-but-it's-fun period of expansion!

Development Time
At the Year 4 (technically Year 4.4) mark we've reached 8,410 hours of total work, keeping mostly on par with previous years:

Cogmind Monthly Development Hours, 2013.7-2017.11 (click for crisper full-size version). (The color coding is for different aspects of development tackled each month, the subject of a future in-depth article to come when Cogmind is complete.)

You can see development ramping upward into 2017 as I was eager to finish up the coding (green) and content (orange) to finish the story before a planned Steam launch, but then in April I got that nasty concussion which resulted in a serious hit on productivity.

Still, this year added 2,046 hours, a slight 3.2% increase over the year before. Work on the game itself (923 hours), however, fell 19.8% compared to 2016, a ratio shift that reflects two factors: 1) progress all but ground to a halt while I tried to recover over summer but couldn't very well stop community interaction altogether, and 2) preparing for Steam inevitably requires a lot of non-game work. You can clearly see the Steam EA release there in October, with a peak resembling my own EA launch of Alpha 1 back in 2015 :). Now that Cogmind is released on Steam and that side of things is stabilized, the graph will start shifting back to more content-focused work over the coming months.

Overall it's been a great year for progress, though it could've been even better had I not hit my head... Luckily when things were at their worst (late August when I was incapacitated most of the time) I finally found a treatment that worked well enough to get me back to full time work!

Acupuncture!

I'm still dealing with some of the effects now, but have at least gotten noticeably better--I mean, otherwise that 243-hour work month when I launched on Steam wouldn't have been possible :P

Features
To summarize this year's highlights: Content was added or adjusted to greatly expand the experience for players across the entire spectrum, as Cogmind got easier difficulty options, the first challenge modes, and an extended end-game with deadly challenges few have even reached, much less survived. Most importantly, in the first half of the year the story was completed with seven different endings to uncover. (I also animated all the endings, which took quite a while!)

There is no map like this in game (honestly it wouldn't make for enjoyable exploration), but it's an experimental precursor to... something secret added this year.

I decided to signify the shift into a new post-story phase by declaring Cogmind "Beta," the massive release of which was both aptly and inaptly dubbed "The End." This happened around the same time as Cogmind reached two full years in my own "early access" program, which has gone well enough.

Of course plenty of other features came out this year, too, as linked from the ten releases beginning with Alpha 13 in the Release History. And we still have one more update to look forward to this month :D

Mix of various feature gifs from the year. Because gifs.

News and Writing
As with last year, most updates have been discussed via release notes on the forums (and now Steam) rather than covered on the blog. At both of those places I've also started regular weekly updates ("SITREP Saturday") rather than posting randomly once every 10-14 days like I was doing before, so that they're more predictable.

Although I haven't been sharing as many design articles this year due to the changing nature of the kinds of things I've been working on (for example much of the game content added this year was secret :P), there are definitely more on the way in 2018. But I have been continuing to write FAQs over on r/roguelikedev, where #55~67 are all from this year and you can read about topics like Mob Distribution, Character Archetypes, Status Effects, and Transparency and Obfuscation as they relate to Cogmind.

Exposure
For years I avoided seeking out too much attention for Cogmind, even shying away from some decent opportunities that presented themselves, because the game world was not only incomplete, but more importantly it was definitely priced for hardcore fans of the genre (for those of you new to Cogmind, know that for a long while it was $25-30 as a more reliable way to "crowdfund" the scope I was trying to build into it--we can thank the early adopters for making the current version possible!).

I didn't want Cogmind's first impression on a wider audience to be primarily that it's strangely overpriced for an indie game, which often fall between $10-20, so I turned down some offers for exposure back then. That changed with the Beta and the price drop, although it's interesting to note that despite my attempts to contact some press and LPers this year, almost all of the best channels interested in Cogmind found it on their own, both before and after the Steam release.

This year Cogmind was one of the subjects of an article on PC Gamer[/url] (which also later announced the news of Cogmind's Steam release), and even appeared in two magazines, PC Guru and Canard PC. There have been more than a dozen other smaller pieces this year as well.

Some of the coverage Cogmind received this year, mostly around its debut on Steam.

But often more helpful than media coverage these days, Let's Players were responsible for the biggest boost in exposure, with popular players like quill18, Aavak, and Nookrium definitely driving interest around the Steam release. (Also many thanks to the smaller channels out there doing even more streams/videos over the long term <3)

Not that I can draw a huge audience myself, but I've been continuing to occasionally stream as well, and we often have new players drop by to mingle with the regulars and pick up tips, which goes a long way towards improving the skill level of the community as a whole. As of the most recent stream I'm uploading them to YouTube where they'll live longer than on Twitch, in case people want to watch them later.

We'll see if Cogmind gets any mentions in end-of-year articles, but I can say that just this week we already made the IndieDB Top 100 list for 2017--voting for the final round is actually ongoing right now.

Obviously the best new point of exposure for Cogmind in the long term is Steam, where it's accessible to a greater number of players and can integrate more closely with the gaming community at large.

Steam
We'd been talking about it in the future tense for so long that it almost feels unreal, but 2017 was finally the year Cogmind arrived on Steam.

Early in the year Valve announced they'd be getting rid of Greenlight by replacing it with a simple paywall, and I knew we were close to a Steam release anyway, so I figured I'd respond by quickly putting Cogmind up there and try to beat the inevitable deluge of games to Steam. Given all the assets I already had lying around it took only two days from decision to campaign, which was pretty cool.

Well that didn't take long!

Cogmind made it through pretty quickly, though I still planned to wait at least a couple months for the Beta before it'd be Steam-ready.

Clearly a dedicated fan base at work :P

Unfortunately my accident essentially coincided with Beta completion, meaning I had to give up the plan to reach Steam before all those other games, and also forgo a preferable early-summer Early Access release.

Staying alive for the long-term seemed a little more important at the time xD

But hey come October believe it or not it really did happen! Player reviews have been good, and the leaderboards certainly exploded. I've actually already covered a lot of details from the Steam release and its aftermath in my postmortem, so check that out if interested.

Some graphs shared in my recent Steam EA month-1 postmortem for Cogmind.

All that's behind us now... what we want to know is what great things 2018 will bring!

Well, certainly we've gotta finish the stuff still listed on the long-time roadmap, which altogether will take at least a few months, or more considering it'll all be mixed in with other improvements, too. So without a doubt we'll get those built-in achievements, an expanded robot hacking system, more ambient audio, and revamped score sheets.

This means Early Access will easily last another six months, and probably longer because I don't want to bother calling it 1.0 if we'll still be getting new extra features for much of the coming year.

Exactly how much longer will really depend on what happens on Steam while the remainder of the confirmed features are being worked on. If reception and sales are sufficiently good, I'll have trouble stopping myself! I can't be specific about the virtually endless list of potential features I've accumulated (player expectations and all that...), but I'll admit there is room for, plans for, and a desire to add, many new items, mechanics, robots, maps, NPCs, factions, everything...

2018 awaits :)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 04:53:48 AM by Kyzrati » Logged

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: December 12, 2017, 04:44:13 AM »

Acupuncture!
It's funny because whenever I see the waterfall of information in your posts and think about the work you must have put in to collect the data, analyze it and then write about it, I cannot understand where find the time to do so, so the only logical conclusion is that your brain digest information via direct upload like Neo does in the first Matrix movie Wink

Anyway, while it is unlikely that Cogmind will become a runaway success and quickly earn you tons of cash, I think it has a good chance of becoming one of those "long-tail" games, like Avernum:

A thoughtful and useful review of Avernum. Hmm. Let me check if it's still, 17 years later, making me money? Yep!!!

That's from a recent blog post by Jeff Vogel, who made Avernum. You might want to check out his blog to see what his business model is, since his "business context" is closest to yours. Perhaps you can copy some good ideas from it?

I can certainly see Cogmind having a similar kind of future, even though scifi rogue-likes are probably even more niche than fantasy games.

So at some point Cogmind will be "finished enough", in the sense that you can move on to other projects. Then, with smaller and less work-intensive updates over the years, you can keep it fresh enough so that it keeps working and have a steady, low source of income by reaching new audiences (or have your old audience buy it again for their new computer/tablet/whatever).

I bet you already posted considerations about this a few times, but I can't look back through everything Tongue

No matter what happens, I wish you all the best luck in 2018! Coffee
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 05:01:46 AM by JobLeonard » Logged
io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1087 on: December 12, 2017, 10:17:43 AM »

This means Early Access will easily last another six months, and probably longer because I don't want to bother calling it 1.0 if we'll still be getting new extra features for much of the coming year.

Exactly how much longer will really depend on what happens on Steam while the remainder of the confirmed features are being worked on. If reception and sales are sufficiently good, I'll have trouble stopping myself! I can't be specific about the virtually endless list of potential features I've accumulated (player expectations and all that...), but I'll admit there is room for, plans for, and a desire to add, many new items, mechanics, robots, maps, NPCs, factions, everything...
So, what would you considered a "full game" for Cogmind? 

I'm just wondering because Rain World v1.5 was recently released with new features (e.g. new enemies) as well as fixes.  There are more features that are yet to be implemented that were intended to be added even before v1.0 was released. 

So, isnt' Cogmind at a stage where it could be considered "complete" (e.g. Rain World v1.0 featured a campaign mode with a full story) and the features that you would like to implement aren't really "missing" from the game but could expand it even more?

And of course, let's not forget about the VR upgrade, right? Grin

Kyzrati
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1088 on: December 12, 2017, 04:58:46 PM »

So, isnt' Cogmind at a stage where it could be considered "complete" (e.g. Rain World v1.0 featured a campaign mode with a full story) and the features that you would like to implement aren't really "missing" from the game but could expand it even more?
Pretty much, but there are a few key things that should be in there before I could call it 1.0, specifically the stuff I listed from the roadmap. After that I could do so at any time, but whether or not I will depends on other factors, and
I bet you already posted considerations about this a few times, but I can't look back through everything Tongue
although I think about it occasionally I have yet to write anything formal on this topic Smiley

I've read that post by Jeff before, actually, and found it quite funny Tongue

scifi rogue-likes are probably even more niche than fantasy games
Absolutely so!

Worth noting is that Cogmind's long tail is somewhat more limited than other games, because it's not suitable for non-PC platforms. That said, being a roguelike helps a lot.

Honestly I'd love to continue working on it for much longer to come supported by DLC revenue, but I really don't want to split the player base (and game code) by adding features restricted to DLC, which is very much against the roguelike tradition--there should be one version to rule them all Smiley. So I'll have to come up with another workable approach.

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: December 12, 2017, 08:16:19 PM »

It's not? You support pretty low resolutions and the mouse, no? Tablet support seems almost feasible
Kyzrati
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1090 on: December 12, 2017, 09:03:54 PM »

Sure low resolutions are technically "supported," but they're not very usable considering how tiny every cell is in physical terms. For example on an iPad, which when held horizontally has a display height of 147mm, map spaces would be 2.4x2.4mm. That's terrible for pinpointing when you want to select anything!

I mean it's doable (and actually someone has already done it before with Cogmind using remote software), but it's not great UX.

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: December 13, 2017, 02:54:41 AM »

What about the old "zoom lens pop-up to the side of where your finger is touching"-trick?
Kyzrati
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1092 on: December 13, 2017, 04:10:20 AM »

Ew. But technically control is only part of the issue, anyway. Readability is even more important and when everything on the screen is so tiny... Basically, a game should be designed from the ground up for the platforms it's targeting, and Cogmind was very much designed for PC. (I've had this in the FAQ since 2013 Tongue)

io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1093 on: December 15, 2017, 02:28:11 PM »

Have consoles been also ruled out?

Kyzrati
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1094 on: December 15, 2017, 04:29:47 PM »

The latest SITREP is another big one as we move much closer to the next release. Lots of details covered there, but here are some excerpts:

I'm revamping the first main map of the world. Working in the map generator:

Most notably it's shrinking by 44%. Of course the contents are for the most part scaled down correspondingly, the net result being an even quicker floor through which to pass for that first evolution. As a bonus, both that map and other Materials areas will now come with the occasional better stockpile.

A sample -10/Materials in the new style, as seen fully revealed in game:

All item stats (for those items the player has discovered) will be exportable.

As with lore exporting there are three format options, each more suitable for a different purpose. With item stats available outside the game players can theorize builds, run analysis on the items, or do whatever they want with the data. Data!

Our wiki users are mostly set up to automagically create and update wiki pages based on export data, so we'll finally have an up-to-date wiki without requiring much manual work Smiley

HTML sample:

In the interest of transparency and helping new players, distress signals and calls for help reveal the location of the robot being alerted.

Cogmind also made the Top 100 indies of 2017 over on IndieDB! Thanks to everyone who voted, and if you could, vote again for the final round which is open for a few more days Smiley

Have consoles been also ruled out?
PC only! I would design the game very differently if it were to be suitable for consoles. (But I'm also not interested in console development.)

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: December 16, 2017, 03:36:47 AM »

I dunno, from what I understand there's a niche of traditional roguelike-inspired RPGs on the gameboy and now 3DS that do suprisingly well. And I'm not just talking about Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Wink
Kyzrati
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1096 on: December 16, 2017, 04:58:43 PM »

I'm not talking "redesign" as in not make it a roguelike, I mean the content and UI would all be fairly different from what we have now.

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: December 18, 2017, 05:22:51 AM »

True, true

I'm just saying that contrary to what I would expect, there is a niche audience for roguelikes on Nintendo's eShop
Kyzrati
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1098 on: December 21, 2017, 05:03:55 PM »

Beta 4 "Data Mining" is complete :D

Welcome to a properly meaty major version release! There's an improved early game, even greater information transparency, more challenge modes, item gallery stat exporting, and lots more...

For the full release notes and feature demo images, see here.

And if you have Cogmind on Steam but haven't yet left a review, please consider doing so, thanks!

Cogmind Beta 4 "Data Mining" (0.10.171220) changelog:
  • NEW: Export stats for all discovered gallery items to TXT, HTML, or CSV for external reading/processing
  • NEW: Lore and gallery exporting shows destination file name once export complete
  • NEW: Materials maps may have one or two special stockpiles
  • NEW: Added guaranteed Sml. Storage Unit to Scrapyard
  • NEW: Option to automatically attach/collect all parts/matter in Scrapyard and start at the exit to Materials (advanced.cfg only: quickStart)
  • NEW: "Fragile Parts" experimental challenge mode (for now set in advanced.cfg: challengeFragileParts)
  • NEW: "Sticky Parts" experimental challenge mode (for now set in advanced.cfg: challengeStickyParts)
  • NEW: "Simple Hacker" experimental challenge mode (for now set in advanced.cfg: challengeSimpleHacker)
  • NEW: "Trapped" experimental challenge mode (for now set in advanced.cfg: challengeTrapped)
  • NEW: 1 new corruption effect
  • NEW: AI corruption can cause misfires and temporary IFF failure
  • NEW: Consecutive on-map items can be compared in keyboard mode, where previous item remembered for stat comparison as long as no other actions taken
  • NEW: Applicable major NPCs and some late-game robots list immunities under their resistances, including context help describing each
  • NEW: Robots with special effect (e.g. Samaritans) now have a Traits button in their robot info window that gives access to all relevant details
  • NEW: Pacifist bonus score applied for each depth reached with no prior kills, increasing with proximity to surface
  • NEW: Programmers can reset nearby allied robot systems (0b10 variants only) to clean corruption
  • NEW: Super secret hidden door opens in response to relevant NPC's data core
  • NEW: Option to show actual remaining integrity for damaged robot core popups, rather than a percentage (advanced.cfg only: preciseCorePopup)
  • NEW: Operators summoning reinforcements via their terminal also display an on-map ALERT message
  • NEW: Part swap list distinguishes broken inventory items by displaying their names in red
  • NEW: Tutorial message about non-stacking effects when simultaneously attaching two parts that will not combine their effects
  • NEW: Numpad Enter also centers map view on self
  • NEW: WASDQEZC command set
  • NEW: Optional "-nonportable" switch applies to all player file saving, including settings, score sheets, screenshots, and the backup system
  • NEW: Support for custom save paths, specified via "-customFilePath" switch (see manual under Advanced UI > File Options)
  • NEW: Option to hide precise values in part coverage visualization mode even when Tactical HUD active (advanced.cfg only: noPreciseCoverage)
  • NEW: Score sheet Best States also records Energy Generation and Matter Stores
  • NEW: Optional Terminus style map glyphs for size 18 ASCII mode players (see manual under Advanced UI > Fonts)
  • NEW: Added explanation of Vulnerability mode visualization to manual (Advanced UI > Parts Window)
  • NEW: Option to block all vi-key input, to prevent unintended movement by those who don't use vi-keys anyway (advanced.cfg only: blockVi)
  • NEW: All Alpha supporter names registered since Beta 3.1 added to in-game list (see Credits menu)
  • NEW: Robots sending distress signals to an ally out of view temporarily reveal that ally's position with a blinking yellow marker
  • NEW: Robots calling for help or reinforcements from a garrison temporarily reveal that garrison's position with a blinking red marker
  • MOD: Robot info window provides Analysis button with separate access to that text, instead of directly displaying it all (some didn't fit)
  • MOD: 't' button no longer sorts inventory while robot info window open
  • MOD: Robot/machine/terrain damage modifier info display now represented as Resistances, using negative values for weaknesses
  • MOD: "Dispatching garrison force" log message in a certain mid-game branch changed to "dispatching additional forces" to avoid confusion
  • MOD: Masking an area prevents Recyclers from even collecting there, rather than simply blocking item knowledge at a distance
  • MOD: Reduced size of -10/Materials by 44%
  • MOD: Scanalyzers removed from -10/Materials
  • MOD: Reduced number of Terminals and Repair Stations in -10/Materials
  • MOD: Fewer bots in -10/Materials, and Swarmer patrols always 3 bots rather 3-4
  • MOD: Maximum preloaded Fabricator schematic rating bonus increased from +2 to +3
  • MOD: "Data loss" message due to corruption effect more specifically indicates that lost data is component knowledge
  • MOD: Corruption misfire attacks against Demented outside W base no longer cause faction-wide aggro
  • MOD: Bump- and forced-melee attack targets no longer recalled automatically for subsequent attacks
  • MOD: On-map label for object under cursor only appears once if cursor remains on that object
  • MOD: On-map label for multi-cell robots no longer recreated when moving cursor (via kb or mouse) around between that robot's sections
  • MOD: Wall/door destruction value (for alert purposes) now based on depth, reducing it for much of 0b10 though later maxing out at its Beta 3.1 value
  • MOD: Item stat comparison no longer available via Repair Station repair list
  • MOD: Core Stripper effectiveness reduced by one-third
  • MOD: A few corruption side effects require passing a minimum system corruption threshold rather than anything being possible from 1%
  • MOD: Core resets also wipe all intel data
  • MOD: Easier/Easiest mode accuracy bonus now 20%/30%
  • MOD: Hvy. Machine Gun buffed
  • MOD: AM-PH4 propulsion tweaked
  • MOD: A single terminal will only ever explicitly list one Prototype ID Bank
  • MOD: Chance to trigger traps increased while overweight
  • MOD: Removed Ctrl-F1 hotkey for cycling combat log verbosity (legacy 7DRL command now available in options menu)
  • MOD: Cannibalization Units removed
  • MOD: Robots sending distress signals to an ally show no log message if that ally already visible to Cogmind
  • MOD: Lore export button style changed, and keyboard players now access them via T/H/C (upper case) instead of 1/2/3
  • FIX: Chance to avoid self-damage from kicking was calculated per leg rather than per slot, and therefore incorrect for the one multi-slot leg [Valguris]
  • FIX: Network Hubs destroyed outside both view and audible range did not correctly apply effect [Valguris]
  • FIX: Certain bonus points could be earned multiple times, despite intended limits [Valguris]
  • FIX: Potential crash if Borebot destroys itself while clearing an explosive machine [Valguris]
  • FIX: Particle Accelerators only applied effects against on robot targets, not terrain or machines [Valguris]
  • FIX: W might fail to spawn for a particular late-game event [GJ]
  • FIX: Science guy terminal missing a lore entry [GJ]
  • FIX: Holding 'f' before and while dialogue transmission window opening would ignore all commands once window closed [GJ]
  • FIX: Opening super secret hidden door with the proper manual code triggered the security system anyway [GJ]
  • FIX: Crash on a temporary patrol spawning into a map under certain rare conditions [Hopeless Situation Warrior]
  • FIX: Containment Facilitator explosion type context help message missing [Hopeless Situation Warrior]
  • FIX: Core Analyzer effects were checked on the defender rather than attacker, making it useless to attach one [Hopeless Situation Warrior]
  • FIX: Allied Programmers wiped friendly trojans from 0b10 terminals [Hopeless Situation Warrior]
  • FIX: Allied 0b10 Operators revealed friendly derelict traps outside 0b10 [Joshua]
  • FIX: Materials storage cache prefab could in rare cases allow a hostile bot to spawn near Cogmind's entrance location [Joshua]
  • FIX: Easier difficulty modes were getting a higher accuracy bonus than advertised/intended [DeanSherman]
  • FIX: Version number stored multiple times within compressed game.bin metadata (no impact on functionality or data integrity) [kiroist]
  • FIX: 3.1 caused Command internal name misalignment for some commands.cfg entries (no impact on functionality, though) [Raine, JamesVagabond]
  • FIX: Crash on hypermatrix ping effect triggered while simultaneously tunneling deep into earth [dak]
  • FIX: Implementation of tread crushing effect made autoreplacement of some tread types incompatible with the replacement rules [zxc]
  • FIX: Specific Cetus terminal query topic accessible only directly rather than indirectly as a reference (affected keyboard mode only) [ozer0]
  • FIX: Scrolling a repair/scanalyze item list of greater than 26 items resulted in incorrect color coding [Snow_Cat]
  • FIX: Allied programmers could rewire shutdown robots that were otherwise unhackable [Quelan]
  • FIX: Temporary pop-up labels for robots would remain visible and track the robot even after it leaves view if enough turns are passed [Star Weaver]
  • FIX: If the new advanced.cfg noFluffLogMessages option activated, no autogenerated messages would appear in log
  • FIX: Data backup system incompatible with "-nonportable" command line parameter
  • FIX: Score sheet "Absorbed by Shields" data not tallied correctly

Kyzrati
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1099 on: December 22, 2017, 04:46:04 PM »

Made some Cogmind box art for Twitch. FINALLY. They've never really had good systems for adding games and box art etc, but at least now they have a new back end platform for devs who can prove ownership of their game. Made it real easy to add the box art.

It's a quick job but it looks pretty decent (Twitch always shrinks these down real small, so it has to look good when tiny).

SITREP #7: Betas Forever has more of the latest news, including a very zoomed out view of my long-term TODO list WTF

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 71
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic