Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58432 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 09:05:12 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsProject Coexistence looking for Team members
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Project Coexistence looking for Team members  (Read 1080 times)
zacharias
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 29, 2013, 03:55:08 PM »

Hello folks,

for almost a decade I've been dreaming of creating my own game, realizing my ideas and my thoughts. But dreaming alone won't get you anywhere. So i started programming, started with C/C++ in my teenage years and made several programms and applications since then, even become a professional programmer besides my main academic studies.

Two years ago i decided to do it again, make a second attempt at a game engine. I guess i've spent far more than 1000 hours on this one, sorting my ideas, creating a concept, reading dozens of papers on GUI, game motivations, general  game dev. and of course, most of the time on the actual programming.

PROJECT INTRO:

Type: MMO(RPG)(FPS)
Genre: sci-fi (utopic, non postapocalyptic)
Platform: PC, Cross-platform (Windows, Mac, Linux)

I bracket FPS out, because it's not a classic fast action shooter, even though it will have elements of it. Also RPG may not fit the actual idea, because there are no strict classes, no skill tree and similar typical elements. Instead you may want to think of it as a first person MMO with a very complex game environment, allowing you to  morph into a character without strict limitations on any classes with free choice on anything you want to do. This includes assembling your own equipment (not bound to provided upgrades or mounting points), modifying your  characters body and establishing corporations. Rather providing a strict linear story plot squeezed into a linear  path in a feign world, i want to give everybody the freedom to explore the world and it's contend guided by other  human players and a global story line.
The scene: A vast city of the future, a utopia so white and bright on top and ugly and dark at it's bottom, populated by players, greed, might, surrealism and corporations. Everything is on sale. And so are you!

STAGE OF DEVELOPMENT:

As said, I've mostly worked on the concept and the game engine. The engine is currently my main work-in-progress, as i want to provide something to build up on. Currently you can build up your world in the editor, start the server, log in via client and run around, shooting. There is also a tech demo, but it's clearly outdated by now. More detailed:

* Graphics: OpenGL, modular renderer concept, currently two renderers:
     a) fast straight-to-pipeline renderer (for older systems)
     b) deferred shader renderer
    supporting: inverse kinematics with quaternions, shader libraries, linear light sources, real time sky colorization (an atmosphere 'raytracer', from one of my former projects), and of course shadows, bumpmapping etc
* Network: fully functional server-client system, with login, session handling, encrypted packet transfer (including proper handshake)
* Physics: collusion detection, simple ballistics
* Sound: OpenAL, surround sound - very simple at this stage

The code is set up to be a team-project, meaning that it is clean, reuseable and setup with a proper versioning system (git).

TEAM UP

Well yes, it is indeed a huge project, and yes i know it is a lot of work and i think you already guessed it:
I'm in search of team members:

- Story writer
- 2D Artist(s)/Concept Artist(s)
- 3D Artist(s)/Modeler/Animator(s)
- Programmer(s) (C++)
At a certain point we will also need:
- Community/PR Manager (IMHO it's never too early for that position)
- Webdesigner

This whole project started as a hobby for me, so i'm afraid i can't offer any payment, but of course a share in the whole project - as this was designed to be/get a team project, and not a solo creation.
If you are interested in the game, would like to share your thoughts, maybe test an alpha version but neither of the above fits, you are welcome to join the mailing list, where i provide infos on the current development and also some early footage for interested people :-) Just send me an email with your request.

Feel free to contact me, also if you are looking for any further, more detailed information on the project.

Thanks for reading and sharing!

Best Wishes
Zachy

[email protected]
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 09:49:13 AM by zacharias » Logged
soryy708
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 03:19:07 AM »

I've mailed you.

Portfolio: https://github.com/soryy708

By the way, it could have been nice if you'd have posted some screenshots.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 11:11:54 AM by soryy708 » Logged
zacharias
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 05:17:46 AM »

Currently there are no production ready screenshots, although some to show technical issues and achievements. But i would like to keep them intern.
zacharias
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 11:17:29 PM »

*Push*
Eventhough i received a good response and gathered some team members, we are still in need of creative collaborators and skilled programmers.
Please include your portfolio (at least a link to it)!
zacharias
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 08:45:32 AM »

Still open: 1 Programmer, 1-2 Concept artist, 1-2 3D modeller
zacharias
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 01:51:12 AM »

A half of a year passed and as the amount of work slowly rises, all departments, except the story writing part, are open for new collaborateurs. Especially designers, artists and coders.

A GDD draft, a style guide as well as several short stories are already done to support our artists. Skype meetings on a regular basis are also part of our development and efforts are being made to include anyones ideas and fit their tasks/positions to their skills (it's not about realizing my own idea, but to create our own unique project).

Please be aware that a NDA needs to be signed. Also the contract for the share is already in development but not finished.

PS: please do not write my a message on this platform, but rather email me at
[email protected]
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic