Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411485 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 03:55:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMy October: 31 games in 31 days (ALL GAMES DONE!) All playable in browser!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: My October: 31 games in 31 days (ALL GAMES DONE!) All playable in browser!  (Read 19525 times)
ZeppelinCaptain
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2013, 10:28:00 AM »

I AM DONE, FINITO, FÆRDIG!
 Hand Clap Hand Clap Hand Clap Hand Clap Hand Clap Hand Clap Hand Clap Hand Clap Hand Clap Hand Clap Hand Clap Hand Clap

Number 31 is here to round it all off in a SCARY way. Happy Halloween!

Download the horror here: http://bit.ly/17vtjli
Browser version: http://bit.ly/19VkkqM

IT'S ABOUT BLOOD! AND PUMPKINS! AND MONSTERS! Try it if you dare.

This last game is not special compared to the others (in fact it's probably worse than a lot of them, since it's way too hard), but it is the last, and it is Halloween-themed.

In all seriousness, completing this project feels AMAZING. It's so great to be able to say that I've made thirty-one games in thirty-one days. It's been pretty hard to keep up, but I MADE IT.

I won't mark the thread as complete until I've written a final text - a post-mortem if you will - about the project, what I've learned and stuff like that. It will also include a list of the games, my favorites and so on, so that it's easier to play and find them. If you have anything that you'd like me to address, let me know!

Thank you for watching, stay tuned for those final reflections, and, later on, more games from me.
-ZC

P.S.  Hand Shake Left Grin Hand Shake Right  Tears of Joy  Hand Shake Left Grin Hand Shake Right

SIGVADER
Level 0

卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2013, 10:49:38 AM »

wtf is this i cuold make a game like that in a day
ZeppelinCaptain
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2013, 11:34:26 AM »

Well aren't you a big boy?

Now, if you would read the first post, you would see that I mostly use between 30 and 60 minutes per game.

ZeppelinCaptain
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2013, 12:40:29 PM »

OKAY! I have posted my final reflections on my blog, along with a list for easy overview of the games: http://zeppelincaptain.wordpress.com/2013/11/06/31-games-in-31-days/

Enjoy, and thanks for having me for this, tigsource! Now I will have more time for giving back to the community  Panda

-ZC

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2013, 01:09:25 PM »

Congrats on finishing them all!  Hopefully I can play them in Firefox now.
ZeppelinCaptain
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2013, 01:19:34 PM »

Thank you! But, ummm, 1-12 still doesn't work in Firefox. Sorry about that...  Embarrassed

friken
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2013, 05:22:37 PM »

Congrats on sticking with it. I find this thread and the games very interesting. It is usually a very simple mechanic that makes a game 'fun'... graphic and polish of that mechanic may take months and years, but I can see a lot of value in quick idea prototyping like this.  Beer!

rubna
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2013, 07:12:53 AM »

yeah, but you don't.

Anyways, nice job ZeppelinCaptain! I bet this was quite the exercise! So, what do you plan on doing next? I'd really like to see a game from you that has some more polish to them. I can totally see some of these 31 games turn into a full-fledged mobile game or something! But whatever you do, the best of luck with it!
ZeppelinCaptain
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2013, 11:06:04 AM »

Congrats on sticking with it. I find this thread and the games very interesting. It is usually a very simple mechanic that makes a game 'fun'... graphic and polish of that mechanic may take months and years, but I can see a lot of value in quick idea prototyping like this.  Beer!

Thank you very much! Yeah, I think the idea is extremely important for the game, but at the same time I am a big fan of very polished games with great art and sound, because they raise the mechanic to its true potential. I am also a big fan of games telling stories through mechanics, so that you really "feel" the story (these are the kind of games that I am very interested in making as well.

Anyways, nice job ZeppelinCaptain! I bet this was quite the exercise! So, what do you plan on doing next? I'd really like to see a game from you that has some more polish to them. I can totally see some of these 31 games turn into a full-fledged mobile game or something! But whatever you do, the best of luck with it!

Thanks! And yes, quite the exercise, but a fun one!

Well, like above, I am really interested in making games with mechanic-based stories, because I think that that is a part of games which is horrendously underexplored.
I also have a lot of possibilities in my head right now, and improving one of the 31 games is definitely a possibility, but right now I'd like to spend time with something different. I've thought about polishing a Ludum Dare entry that I made and liked (http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-27/?action=preview&uid=27032) but what seems most interesting is actually something completely different, an old unfinished project of mine. It's kind of a 2D-Proteus with a heavy focus on interaction, if that makes sense at all.

Most of all, I am looking forward to spending time on something where I don't have to hurry, and where I can take my sweet time fiddling with the little details Grin
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 11:12:57 AM by ZeppelinCaptain » Logged

ChaoticOne
Level 0

A web developer and an aspiring gamedev.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2013, 11:07:43 AM »

That is quite an achivement, good sir, congratulations!

ZeppelinCaptain
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2013, 11:18:24 AM »

That is quite an achivement, good sir, congratulations!

Thank you very much!

Wow, seriously, I am overwhelmed by all the kind words from different channels (twitter, reddit, tigsource, facebook, indestatik: http://indiestatik.com/2013/11/07/31-games-31-days-one-developers-quest-practice/)

Crazy stuff.

Fervir
Level 4

JustLikeMakeGame

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2013, 11:53:15 AM »

Take all your games and make a minigame compilation!

zachstronaut
Level 0

Legend of Equip > Pants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: November 11, 2013, 09:12:07 AM »

I AM DONE, FINITO, FÆRDIG!
 Hand Clap Hand Clap Hand Clap Hand Clap Hand Clap Hand Clap Hand Clap Hand Clap Hand Clap Hand Clap Hand Clap Hand Clap

Number 31 is here to round it all off in a SCARY way. Happy Halloween!

Download the horror here: http://bit.ly/17vtjli
Browser version: http://bit.ly/19VkkqM

IT'S ABOUT BLOOD! AND PUMPKINS! AND MONSTERS! Try it if you dare.

I quite like this game! Reminds me a bit of the mechanic of JezzBall which I've always loved.

Hand Clap  Gentleman

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic