Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411840 Posts in 69419 Topics- by 58464 Members - Latest Member: Riya21

May 31, 2024, 06:28:54 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingScramble Legends
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Scramble Legends  (Read 544 times)
aschearer
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: October 04, 2013, 08:33:08 AM »

I've been working on a JavaScript game. Would love your feedback on the design, gameplay, and any bugs you find. Will continue to work on and improve the game over the next few weeks. Thanks!

Play in the Browser

My site: Spotted Zebra
pladmi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 10:19:03 AM »

I'm not a native speaker, so I may be not the target audience but I found it too hard. I failed to find a single legitimate word without cheating (see below).

Actually the fastest and the most efficient way to play this game is just to pick a random letter and to roll it around the game field, hoping it will highlight something. Worked pretty well!  If you want to discourage that style of play, a short delay before the word is highlighted might help.

The design is very clear and nice - compliments for that! I didn't quite understand the purpose of green and orange letters though.

Lets be friends!
aschearer
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 01:30:12 PM »

Thanks for the feedback pladmi. I've tried to make it a bit harder to find words randomly by only highlighting words after you've released the mouse / lifted your finger. I also tried to reduce the difficulty by slowing the pace at which new rows are added.

My site: Spotted Zebra
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic