Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 11:42:56 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid Work[PAID] Looking for pixel artist
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [PAID] Looking for pixel artist  (Read 1475 times)
Siegfreide
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2013, 05:15:06 PM »

Hello everyone! I'm an indie developer working on a 2D action/RPG Mecha in GameMaker:Studio.

I need character sprites and animations, as well as environment art. Basically, whoever takes this offer will be in charge of creating all of the game art, and will have almost total creative reign over the art of the project.

The Workflow;
At first, you will focus on creating an assortment of sprites and environment tiles for us to being producing a prototype. Once the prototype is "complete", it will be submitted to Kickstarter, where we will set a minimum goal for the modest sum of $1000, with additional "stretch goals" set up for additional content (backer created monsters, characters, dungeons, weapons, ect). After the successful kickstarter launch, we will continue working together for the remainder of the project until project completion. After project completion, if we have discovered we enjoy working together and are happy with our completed product, we may venture forth into future gaming endeavors as partners.

The Offer;
Im offering you a 50% revenue share from all profits and funding (as in, for every dollar that goes into my pocket, a dollar is going into yours as well). This revenue share will continue for as long as this game continues to make money. However, if you leave the project before its completion, payments made to you will cease, and you will not receive further funding (your name will still appear in the credits as a contributing artist, however).

The Progress thus far;
I will post a link here to the mediafire page that contains an .exe file of my current game progress. But keep in mind, I'm the programmer, not an artist. The mechanics of the game work fine, but that doesn't mean its pretty.

http://www.mediafire.com/?neddvozzjza3yh2
http://www.mediafire.com/?6218shod965vyaq

The controls are;
Left mouse button = shoot bullet stream
middle mouse button hold = "I'm a'firin' mah lazor!"
Right mouse button = missiles
W,A,S,D to move
ammo amount and energy count in top left.

If you're interested, private message me, and we will discuss things further. For those of you who have questions or concerns about my offer or the content of the game, please ask them here in this forum thread, so I may post answers publicly for others to read.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 03:20:16 PM by Siegfreide » Logged
gggfhfdh
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 05:20:07 PM »

that is a lot of words and zero pictures and i demand to know: why
Siegfreide
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 05:26:28 PM »

Because I gave you better than mere pictures; I gave you the game itself. Enjoy.
terri
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 10:36:51 AM »

"paid" is a bit misleading, and barbiturates gave you some good advice on how to get people to check your game out

poe
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 10:38:54 AM »

Enjoy.
I didn't
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 10:53:24 AM »

I tried the demo out and I don't think you're going to convince any artist to work with you with something that incomplete.
Siegfreide
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 03:29:18 PM »

Hey y'all, I'm back with a newer, shiner version that y'all may find more pleasing. Its located here;

http://www.mediafire.com/?6218shod965vyaq

Updates;
Player Death
Enemy Death
Enemy Highlight if player within range (no purpose yet)
Damage dealt is displayed visually on the enemy
Player shield, hull and energy counter
and a few other minor bug fixes

Also, by popular demand, have a screenshot;
Konidias
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2013, 09:24:25 AM »

The paid work section is over here, yo:

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?board=40.0

ink.inc
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2013, 03:46:38 PM »