Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 09:22:06 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytesting[LD27] Ghost Robot Time
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [LD27] Ghost Robot Time  (Read 1319 times)
wally2069
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: October 05, 2013, 10:03:31 AM »

Hi everybody, my name is wally2069 and I am a hobbyist game designer and developer.

Ludum Dare 27 was over a month ago and with the theme of Ten Seconds. My entry into it was Ghost Robot Time, a short time based puzzle game. I am working on a post jam version, adding more levels, more items, and more puzzles.

I also have a Video Playlist uploaded here. Planning on adding more updates as they are done.

I am looking for feedback on gameplay and fun. I will be checking back regularly to make adjustments based on the suggestions here.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 09:12:29 AM by wally2069 » Logged
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 12:38:56 PM »

Tried it out, I like the gameplay concept.  The game window should probably start out at 2x size ..
Ancient Account
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 01:54:55 AM »

The download link URL was weird...
and caused me some problem.
Just in case someone faces the same problem, here's the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/uc855jk2z7shjxx/ghost_robot_time_v1.exe

Nice Game, BTW! Grin
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 02:12:41 AM by Blaze06h » Logged
snowyowl
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 06:25:26 AM »

It's a little bit slow at times. The levels it has so far aren't hard enough to be very interesting, and I'm worried that if you add more challenge then it'll be frustrating because it takes so long to get back to the part where you died.
wally2069
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 10:19:08 AM »

@Udderdude: Having game start at 640 x 480 instead of 320 x 240 is easy. Consider it done.

@snowyoyl: I do plan on adding more and much harder levels. If you die on each level, it should restart you on that level. Is that not the case?

Or are you talking about adding a save system for when players beat a few levels and want to come back later? Because if so, then I could add that feature.
wally2069
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 10:28:42 PM »

Ghost Robot Time is the name of a game prototype made for Ludum Dare 27. The focus this week has been on designing a decent heads up display for the levels. It needs to be simple, easy to read, while containing the stage number and stage name. The screenshot above contain the current version. Any comments or critiques are welcome.

This was cross-posted from my development blog at wally2069.blogspot.com
wally2069
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 06:28:47 PM »

Ghost Robot Time is the prototype version of a work in progress game which I made for Ludum Dare 27. The update today is a graphical overhaul to the stage select system. It now better communicates the information to the players.The screen now opts to use a smaller version of the CC logo, which is only being used to inform the user that the game is under a Creative Commons Attribution – NonCommercial – NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. A full copy of the license text is included in the game viewable from the title screen.

A new release version should be available soon. Check back for more updates and developments. Feel free to leave comments or criticisms below.

This was cross-posted from my development blog at wally2069.blogspot.com
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic